Aussie Horsepower World Record. | FerrariChat

Aussie Horsepower World Record.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by PAP 348, Aug 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #1 PAP 348, Aug 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Courtesy of ORSM.net>>

"At the Holden vs Ford show this weekend (just gone), Eddy Tassones VZ Commodore Ute made 1899rwhp, which is a new world record. The car has a 383 stroker V8 (based on the old Holden 5.0L block) with twin turbos, custom cam and manifold using 40psi and C16 fuel. Apparently they backed off before the redline because the engine was leaning out due to the fact it was not tuned properly (they only put the engine together the day before the event), so it only revved to 6500rpm, and the Dyno graph indicates it will keep going. Summernats, here we come. The Dyno sheet below was taken after the second run, the third run was 1898.9rwhp"

Amazing feat! Hats off to them guys! Bring on 2000RWHP! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    not sure id want to stand next to a motor making that kind of power...

3. turbo6

turbo6 Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    yeah seriously, I'd want to be in the car behind the firewall or behind some concrete and or steel! they should make spectator scatter sheilds for stuff like that.

4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

The Summernats event he mentioned, every new years, actually has the cars in cages. That covers their insurance liability on the day. That is the biggest car show in Aus. The pic here, is a smaller event obviously, but they still should have taken more caution towards spectators I think also. :)

5. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
    nice ute,wonder if he'll sell it to me,actually if the car is around in 3 years time i might compete with him with my GTR,hopefully a drag GTR

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I vaguely remember seeing a vid on the web a long time ago with a generic FWD econobox that had a V8 RWD conversion, exploding inside a plexiglass "cage" while on a dyno. They couldn'e get to it quick enough and it burned to the floor.

1900 RWHP is sweeeeet!

7. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    40 pounds of boost? :D

8. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Id love to see the race between that one Viper that has 2000RWHP vrs that Aussie car.

It would come down the wire but i think the Viper would win but not by much.

And I thought 1000hp Supras where outragous.

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Burned to the floor! :p The cages they use at the Summernats are not plexi glass, they are basically a frame around and fencing wire. Some form of protection if something goes bang. But at that HP/RPM, it would probably send something through the wire and flying into the crowd. :)

10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

My brother knows more about his car/engine combo. Apparently, a few years ago, he had the same engine(different combo) in a older 1983 VH Commodore sedan. He was getting around 1500RWHP at that time. At the annual Summernats Horse Power Hero's shootout around 3 years ago, he pulled around the 1500RWHP mark and the 2nd place getter, complained to the officials that he must have been cheating to get those big HP numbers. He was accused of having NOS feeding into the intake manifold. :rolleyes: The officials made him remove the intake manifold and searched the car for NOS bottles/lines ect...... They did not find anything and he was still the champ. He swore and cursed and vowed never to be back. But this xmas/new years time, it seems he may want to go back to Summernats to break the 2000RWHP! The car is only good for around a 10 sec 1/4mile time. As traction is the obvious issue with the ute. But who cares, he built the car to post big HP numbers and he has accomplished his mission. Who knows how far he is going to push the horsepower barrier........................:p

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

That's impressive to run 10seconds on the 1/4mile without any NOS. Whats the trapSpeeds on that thing? My guess is its somewhere in the 140-150mph.

12. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    ... or Norwoods 1000hp TR ...

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Power is nothing without control, I'd expect a mass thinning of the heard for those attempting 2000 hp.

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #14 PAP 348, Aug 5, 2006
    He has only made 1 power run my brother said so of course there are people out there that say that the 1898.9 RWHP was fudged. With the same engine/transmission combo in his blue VH Commodore he ran 8.138@ 176.79MPH_283.00KM/H. My brother said his other cars has been all business so there is no need to for me to assume that his newest HP fugure is fudged.

Anyways he has forwarded me a link with somemore information so enjoy :D

http://www.dyno.com.au/news.htm#ame

June 11 2006 - Perth AME show spectacular

15. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

That thing is street legal to right?.

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

;)

17. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

The Aussie cars have finally one me over hmmm is there anyway i could possibly Import one here into the US?.

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

The only Holden that is imported here to the US, I think is 'your' Pontiac GTO. Thats all I think. They are made LHD for the US exports. To get another Aussie over in the US, you will have to convert from RHD to LHD. Unless, you can drive RHD cars there?? We cannot drive LHD, unless the car is older than 30years old or you are part of a car club ect.... :)

19. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Yup! The GTO just stop production this year. Hmmmm i think i will go out there and pick one up.

20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #20 PAP 348, Aug 7, 2006

Here is a pic of my friends Monaro/Pontiac. This was the 3rd last one built apparently. :)