You Know U R Car crazy when.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

You Know U R Car crazy when....

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by msdesignltd, May 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    When everyone asks you car specs

2. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin

Thats weird I do that all the time. I can name probably 99% of all the cars I see on the roads.

You know your car crazy when all the people you know come to you for advice on which car to buy.

Or when they come to you for the specs on certain vehicles.

3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You read Autoweek in the parking lot of the Post Office.

4. wide2k

wide2k Rookie

Sep 9, 2005
    you know you're car crazy when--

-you are 32 and have owned 36 cars in your lifetime
    -you break up with 2 girls because they didn't understand the car thing
    -your current girl buys you car parts for every bday, xmas gift, and anniversay gift....and you love it
    -your local tuner shop pulls your history of reciepts from their computers and find out that over the years, you've purchased over 20 sets of wheels from them already
    -you move from NY to Florida in part because it is more "car friendly" (no parking meters, less parallel parking damage, more traffic free roads, no pot holes, no snow)
    -You pay for $4000 special order wheels that takes 9 months to produce and ship from japan for a car that you THINK you are going to own next year.
    -you had so many parts in your garage (wheels, widebody kits, coilover suspensions, racing seats, steering wheel, exhausts, etc) that when you laid it all out on the floor it resembles an actual car
    -You've purchased $20k worth of mods for a $700 car before
    -at your wedding, you have your mechanic, tuner, wheel and tire shop owner, valvoline rep, car magazine writer, car photographer, paint and body shop guy attend
    -the parking lot at your wedding looks like a auto show convention
    -you waited longer for RAYS wheels to produce a custom set of wheels for you (10 months) than it took for you and your wife to create your first-born (9 months)
    -when you've bought a plane ticket to fly out of town in order to purchase a perfect car sight unseen and drive it back home
    -several times , you had to buy ANOTHER car to drive around in because your main car is in the shop so much getting modded
    -you get a warning from your local dmv stating if you bought any more cars that year, you would have to pay dealer license and taxes
    -when you don't trust any commercial or "professional" detailers believing that no one understands how to properly wash a black car nowadays
    -a car manufacturer start realizing how car crazy you and your friends are and gives you a car and pays $$ for you to go buck wild, then makes preparations to have it shown at sema 06

--and lastly, you do all of the above and you are not a multi-millionaire yet

5. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I also do the headlight recognition thing

... when you visit Chicago for 2 days with your friends and instead of going shopping and sightseeing with them, sit on Michigan Ave for hours at a time with your camera loaded and take pictures of cars driving by (and your friends are completely understanding about it!)
    ... when your friends who are not interested in cars at all take pictures of them when they see them and email them to you, or say "I saw a Ferrari today and I thought about you"
    ... when your top played song on iTunes is an mp3 of an F50 with Tubi
    ... when you drive around on your work breaks just because it is fun to drive, even though your car is a little Toyota that can only go 15 mph tops in 2nd gear, and even though gas is so fricking expensive!

6. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    You always notice the clock at certain times, Like 3:08, 3:55, etc...

7. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    You Know U R Car crazy when....

An overnight guest asked me for cotton swabs (Q-Tips) after searching the bathroom vanity and the medicine cabinet and not finding any ... I had to admit that I keep them safely stored in the garage cabinet with my car detailing supplies.

8. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    haha! Yeah, I'm also a cashier at one of my job's and I chuckle to myself when their change is $3.08, etc.

9. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    when your wife (ex-wife now) gives you the ultimatum "your cars or me" and you take the cars.....a brainer decision i regret until the day i die.....

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    That is AWESOME. Do you have a scan of the letter?

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

LOL!!!

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

You spot a sprinkler a half mile away and you begin to slow down to strategically execute the drier spots. :)

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    You decide to walk over 3 miles home from school just to see cars

You go to see a movie that is horrible just to see 10 seconds of a car

You spend too much time on the internet looking at the same cars over and over again

You scan the streets and parking lots in search of nice cars while you are a passenger in a nice car

You do research on where the car dealerships are in a town you will be vacationing in

Even if you have seen the most amazing car show of your life, you still think you did not see enough

14. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Your head turns really fast to see if a nice car is coming because you thought you heard something

15. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    that happens to me all the time!

u know when on the highway you look like your having a seizure because your looking for cars!

16. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    LMAO!!! I had just that happen!!! A friend of mine was in switzerland and noticed a nice car ... but when I asked for details all she said was "err, it was red!". But I have a good influence, the other day she recognized a Porsche driving by!
    I also recognize cars by their headlights, and spot nice cars 2 blocks away. Went downtown with a couple buddies the other day, saw a couple vettes, Ferraris and such ... they didn't spot one! hahaha, amateurs! :D

17. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    this is related.

You turn your head so fast that you smack your face against the window trying to spot a car.

18. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    i get that alot

19. mille162

mille162 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Ron
    ...you turn down the radio to hear the engine as you race around the corners...only you forgot you're in a crappy mid-size rental with no exhaust sound what-so-ever, so you humm the engine rev's yourself

...you bought one of those carbon fiber toilet seats and have a strut tower bar as your towel rack

...you own a CD of engine sounds

...you get the cheaper hotel a little farther out of town on vacation so you can spend the extra $ on the sports car rental

...you pull a Mr. Rogers at work and switch into a pair of driving shoes before leaving the office

...you think it's perfectly reasonable to buy a car without a radio, AC, and sound insulation to go just a little bit faster

...you'd buy a sports car barely street legal and use it as a daily driver

...you have any type of automotive part hanging on your wall somewhere as "art"

...you interview your new mechanic more thoroughly than you would the boy at your doorstep looking to take our your daughter (who's threat level you judge by the type of car he drives)

...you ask for a ground floor hotel room so you can park outside the room and check on the security of the car throughout the night

...and you're really a car guy if you can spend more than 5 min defending your choice in oil or tires!

20. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    i have a cd of ferrari exhaust notes, and when we were at road america for ferrari challenge there was a 360 spider we could see from our window and every night id look out the window just to see it, and then every morning it was the first thing i saw. it was awesome to see a ferrari ( would be better if it was mine though) any time you looked outside.

21. niptuck

niptuck F1 Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    John L.
    LOL

22. Chino

Chino Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    When you drive next to buildings with reflective glass, park for a moment and see how you look, and then go back around and do it again.

23. Napoleondyna

Napoleondyna Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Otis Blank

You basically just described me...

24. waz356

waz356 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    warren
    you ask your wife (or girlfriend, or both) to wear leather because it smells like a new car....

25. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    .....when you refuse to dine at a good restaurant because you would not be able to see your car from where you were sitting!