PPI request by seller? | FerrariChat

PPI request by seller?

Discussion in '360/430' started by GoodWood, Aug 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Would doing a PPI, (performed by an authorized Ferrari dealer) prior to having an interested buyer, help with the marketing of it in any way, or not, and why?

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    steve,

that's undoubtedly helpful but as additional measure for comfort, i'd also offer the perspective buyer an opportunity to conduct his own due diligence if he/she chooses to do so "on his own dimes".....this way the service center is working on the buyer's behalf and not the seller's.

3. Maranello Racing Cars

Maranello Racing Cars Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Wil
    I agree with TomF1. It is definitely a plus, but you have to place yourself on the buyer's shoe's and see if you would trust a PPI previously done by an authorized dealer, selected by the seller? I would suggest you giving the buyer the alternative to review your PPI or have someone his chooses to perform another check.

4. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    I don't think it would help at all. If I were the potential buyer, I would want to choose the PPI provider and make sure that he was working on behalf.

I would not use the sellers dealer (even on my dime) unless it happend to be the dealer that I would use to service the car in the future.

good luck with the sale.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

What he said. The buyers agent should perform it. To me, no other persons inspection means anything.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

A PPI done in advance is like a cop pulling over a guy and the guy hopping out of the car immediately after being stopped. Things may be cool but you'd be suspicious until you verified with your own source. :)

7. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    and they all make perfect sense now. I will leave the PPI the sole responsibility of the buyer. It's just that the nearest F dealer is 155 mi away.