How is Red/Cuoio combo for 430? | FerrariChat

How is Red/Cuoio combo for 430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by rscholl, Aug 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Does the cuoio look nice with red or is it little too orange against red? I haven't seen one in the flesh. Obviously red/beige is classic, but I was thinking of doing something a little different. I really like red, but am also considering grigio silverstone which looks amazing with cuoio.

2. Donie

Donie Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Spain/Ireland
    Rosso Corsa with Cuoio is fantastic. I have in my 360 spider and no reason why it should not look similarly fantastic in the 430.

I don't think the dash top should also be Cuoio, but rather should be negro. Having seen a car with the whole lot in Cuoio I still believe it's too much.

My first Spider had the roll hoops also in Negro, but didn't look as good as the one I now have with the hoops in Cuoio, but the top half of the dash from the glove box door upwards in black is a wonder contrast.

All Ferraris should RED. Right?

3. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Yes, it seems that it would look great. I would definitely do the dash and steering wheel in black, not cuoio. Thanks.

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Boy do I agree with this comment.

Cuoio is a beautiful color for an interior.

However, I looked at a Pozzi 355 with cuoio int and the dash and wheel were done in the cuoio. It did not look good at all. Absolutely no contrast.

It looked as bland as a black Porsche with all tan interior.

Don't do cuoio on the dash or wheel!

5. tedwentz

tedwentz Karting

Aug 29, 2004
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Full Name:
    Ted Wentz
    #5 tedwentz, Aug 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've got a rosso/cuoio F430. Looks fantastic. IMHO cuoio is much more traditional Ferrari than tan.
    I've got a black dash, black steering wheel and black carpets. The cuoio is stunning with the black. Mine is with aluminum accents which contrast nicely with the black dash.
    I've seen this comination on a Silverstone car and it was outstanding.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Rosso Corsa / Cuio looks beautiful. The optional carbon drving zone (steering wheel, paddles, instrument cluster) is a must have for this combo. I compliments the interior so well. I saw a spider in this combination and I must say it was my favorite combo for a rosso corsa car.

7. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Ted, great combo. I, too, love the black carpets. My rosso/tan 360 has that with black dash and wheel, and I love the contrast. I may have to go with the carbon driving zone though. That would look great I bet.

8. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    #8 nasharty, Aug 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tedwentz

tedwentz Karting

Aug 29, 2004
    Mid Atlantic USA
    Full Name:
    Ted Wentz
    Thanks, I really like the carbon too, but with a manual shift the turret is always alumimum although I understand that there is now an aftermarket turret in carbon. Since you are coming from a 360 the carbon would make a nice change.

10. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    i came onto this thread to add that full cuoio is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen.. despite the previous comments on this thread. after seeing nasharty's car, it has changed my mind compeltely. i have to agree that the CF driving zone is a must have though..

11. 12:03

12:03 Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    South Jordan, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Nasharty it always seems like yours comes out more orange than others

12. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Looks amazing- but don't you find a non-black (for lack of a better technical term) upper-dashboard area reflects in the windshield during the day and is distracting?

Love your car..

13. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    i think that his picutres are higher resolution, which really captures the true color.

14. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Most likely the camera- each one pics up colors differently- and usually adds orange into brown/red.

15. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    kenny we think alike

16. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Cuoio is great in moderation!

fwiw, I think silverstone/cuoio would be a much classier combo, assuming a black dash, black steering wheel, black carpeting and maybe some judiciously placed black accents within the cuoio.

If all else fails, have a decisive coin toss event at your next party...

17. nasharty

nasharty Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Geneva
    I am using a Canon 5D which is one of the high-end dSLR cameras available on the market. The colors you see on any of my pictures are very close to the actual colors in real life.

Not the Cuoio. If you were getting tan, then it's a different story. Cuoio, bordeaux, grey, and all the colors that are not close to white will not reflect on the windscreen.

I have no problems whatsoever with Cuoio and it has no reflection at all.

18. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Everybody's monitors will display colors a little differently, especially since most people's are not calibrated. I looked at cuoio at my dealership yesterday and the actual color is slightly less orange (but same darkness level) than how nasharty's look on my screen (and slightly darker and richer than ted's earlier in the thread). It's a beautiful color and I think I'm going Rosso Scuderia with Cuoio on my upcoming 430.

19. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Cuio is my favorite interior color regardless of exterior color. It just looks fantastic. I would personally do black carpets and carbon accents to add to the theme but hey, to each his own.

And for the 10,000th time its been said: Nasharty's 430 is hands down the most beautiful color combo out there. (BTW the cuio does not wash out in his pics b/c he does not use flash, and its a very nice camera ;))

20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Yes, it seems that it would look great. I would definitely do the dash and steering wheel in black, not cuoio.

I agree.

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I think cuoio is too dark for rosso corsa. Beige is a better fit IMO.

22. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    I wonder how Rosso Scuderia would look with cuoio since it's slightly lighter and more orange than Corsa. That's the combo I'm thinking of doing. Hmmm..

23. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    I bet you are enjoying that sweet dilemma.. :)

24. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Yes I am. Still don't know how scuderia will look on a 430. I do love the CS in red, so it should look great.

25. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    My 360 was Rossa Corsa/Cuoio and it looked fantastic. I think that tan has gotten lighter in color over the years and now natural is closer to what tan used to be. I'd do it again and had no problem with selling it.