Best 430 Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best 430 Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by sk90077, Jul 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YH8T

YH8T Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Marco A Garcia
    A Client! Damn I thought we were friends;)

2. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    The Tubi's on the F430 sound too much like stock in my opinion. The Tubi GTC I haven't heard but it hasn't been getting very good reviews. The Capristo didn't like it sounded that different either.

So far the Kreis Seig is the only one that seem to have a great sound, nice tips and good build quality.

3. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    LOL! Just trying to sound professional! Marco, you know you have that special place in my heart.

4. FFerrari

FFerrari Rookie

Nov 15, 2005
    Kreissieg without a doubt, the best sounding and also best performance you can get.

5. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
    Stock - Love it

6. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Tubi, Capristo, and Kreis-Sieg are all good exhausts. I love the stock exhaust on my 430. It's a great sound and the money that one of those costs, can be better spent on maybe a Challange Grille.

7. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Anyone have pics of the Kreisseg or Capristo tips?

8. Citystar

Citystar Rookie

Aug 28, 2005
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Cory Delgado
  9. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
  10. egyptfolyf

egyptfolyf Rookie

Mar 29, 2006
    #35 egyptfolyf, Aug 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have heard the Novitec and it sounds mean, Here is a photo. enjoy!
    Polished stainless steel F430 exhaust system with 2x90mm tips and optional sound regulator flap
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    OK which exhaust gives the most HP gains? I know we are talking about maybe 5 HP MAX if you are lucky.

On the novitec, do you have to replace the rear bumper to have it fit? I thought I heard that the tips are to large to fit in the stock bumper.

12. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    I have to say, I was impressed with the new Capristo Stage 3. Tell them what you think Marco!

13. YH8T

YH8T Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Marco A Garcia
    Okay here is the scoop on the Capristo Stage III. It kicks ass! I had not posted sooner because I was thinking that since it was new to me maybe I was just overly excited, however damn that thing sounds like the car is cutting through the asfalt, I mean it sounds terrific! I do not give all the credit to the stage III because I had Sp engeneering install racing Cats also but WOW take off is immediate the car has gained some HP for sure I will have the car on the Dyno soon to see the #s. I'm very happy with the new set up. Thank You Mark @ SP Engineering you guys are the best!
    MG

14. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    Capristo Stage 3 is just straight pipe or is it have the vavle tronic system?

15. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Why are the stock 430 tips so horrid?

16. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    #41 360dragon, Aug 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    One question about the value system and exotic exhaust systems in general.

What does the valve do exactly? Does act as a bypass system making the exhaust go through a section of pipe basically making it a straight pipe? Or dose it just dump the exhaust into the engine bay to make noise?

I looked at there design of the Capristo III. It almost looks like it dumps exhaust into the engine bay as there are 2 items (i am guessing the valve system) and to pipe with open ends facing forward?

My understanding of exhaust is that you want a clean and straight of flow as possible. All the exhausts with what I am guessing are valves having what I call dingle berry attachments that look rather tacky. Can some one explain to me these items highlighted below?

Sorry for the questions. I have only ever dealt with less complex exhausts.

Also is this capristos main site? If so it is HORIBALE and needs serious redesign.
    http://www.capristo.de/en/index-en.htm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    From left to right:

The butterfly valves are there to regulate the exhaust sound. Same as the stock exhaust setup

The 2nd circle shows were the piping of the Capristo exhaust attaches to
    the "CAT".

The last picture is of the piping for the "twin" chambers.

The Stage 3 Capristo no longer utilizes the butterfly valves.

18. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    Ok that does help.

So if stage 3 does not uses butterfly valves then is it a straight pipe then?

19. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    i completely disagree.. i think that the 430 stock is the best out there

20. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    AMEN

21. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    the 430 is the best out there.

22. 360dragon

360dragon Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 6, 2004
    Sacramento
    Full Name:
    Adam C.
    I have been trying to ask Capristo about there exhaust. Not only is there site one of the wort I have every seen but they didn't even read the email I sent them. Their reply was to email my a pdf catalog.

Thanks......! = - /

23. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    HI
    This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports

Ferrari F360 Challenge Stradale and all F430 cars use essentially the very same exhaust. The muffler can is the same dimensionally but ther are some minor changes inside and the exhaust tips use a MUFFLER BYPASS design with vacuum actuated exhaust valves. You CANT get anymore power on a F430 by changing out the rear muffler to any other brand as the exhaust "bypasses/skips" the muffler a large percentage of the time as disctade by the F430 engine mangament system.

Another option for adding improved temendous F1 style sports car sound and guaranteed more power for any F360 and F430 is to replace the stock restrictive factory catalytic converters with either Sports Racing catalytic converters or catbypass pipes. These are easy bolt-on parts that make the car sound much better and add power while complying with warranty and emissions if you use sports racing catalytic converters. If you do the catbypass pipes you will get even more sound and slightly more power........but obviuosly not comply with 50 state emissions.

Go our website and you can see and hear by VIDEO F355, F360 and F430 cars with imported sports racing catalytic converters.

A F430 with a stock OEM muffler sounds great.........the tips are rather weak in terms of appearance is granted. If you want the car to sound amazing and find yourself "looking for long tunnels or places to wind it out like Schuey" get a set of Fabspeed Motorsports sports racing catalytic converters and Fabspeed QUAD tips (with or without valves - no valves adds more sound) and let her rip!!!

Fabspeed Motorsports is world famous for Porcshe MAXFLO performance exhaust with over 100 years combined experience..........we offer select Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati parts. Everything is 100% T 304 stainless steel and in stock. Highest quality and performance guaranteed.

have a great summer
    Joe Fabiani
    President
    Fabspeed Motorsports
    283 North Main Street
    Ambler, PA 190025065
    215-646-4945 (9828fax)

www.fabspeed.com
    [email protected]

24. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    It's straight through design yes. Straight pipe would be in referrence to eliminating the catalytic converters which is a totally different subject. All that matters is you're no longer using the butterfly effect with the Capristo Stage 3. They also changed the design of the exhaust because of the issues many F430 owners are having with broken brackets. At the same time, the Capristo tips were cracking at the welds. I should take pictures and show everyone.

25. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    IMO, the factory 430 exhaust sounds like a rice rocket. Combined with the terribly ugly tips, its just dying to be ripped out.

So far, the best sound I've heard on the 430 is the Capristo Competizione exhaust. This is a valveless exhaust, and it is the epitome of how the 430 should sound from the factory.

I wasn't impressed with the Tubi, not a huge difference from the factory exhaust.

The Kreiisieg, I have never heard in person. I have only heard the online sound clips which sound great but at the price they are asking, I'll take the Capristo, be extremely happy, and have an extra $3-4k in my pocket.