Is there a bigger idiot driver than Paul Tracy? - SPOILER | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is there a bigger idiot driver than Paul Tracy? - SPOILER

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kevfla, Aug 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    My impression is that PT thought he could bump SB into a spin while continuing on without loosing his 2nd place.

2. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I think he just did a Hail Mary move, figuring Bourdais would move out of the way to protect his points lead. Tracy lost the rear end under braking, Bourdais turned in. Just a big game of chicken and they both lost, while Dinger gained.

Besides, PT had worked his way back up to 2nd from 16th - he was spun out by Tagliani on the first lap. With the next race in Canada, it was a low risk move for PT - what are they going to do, suspend him? :)

3. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    They should have given Tracy a Suspension until he can complete a Skip Barber 3 day driving school, once he gets he certificate then he would be allowed to drive again. Thay should put a dunce hat on the bad boy.

4. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    No way the next race is in Canada, although his comments about the French won't ender him to the Toronto fans.

5. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    The move didn't really help AJ. He's still 32 points behind, the championship is well and over, unfortunately.

6. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005

and Michael Schumacher representing Europe.

He has plenty of experience running his competition off the road... :D

7. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I think SB and PT were both at fault. I know SB had a pretty clean pass on PT, but it was on the outside of the last turn. Knowing the relationship between the two, you would think SB would think twice about passing PT on the last lap of last corner on the outside. SB who is in lead of the championship should of settle for third and taken points. Also you can't blame Tracy for making a bone head move. At the end of the day he is AJ's team mate, I know he is not a team player, but they would of had a one and two finish. I don't think who would have done such a move if it was anybody else.

8. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I just saw the replay of the race. I think Bourdais should be given a hefty penalty for getting out of his car and running across the track to confront Tracy WHILE THE RACE WAS STILL ON! Geez that was stupid!

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Yeah but SB and AT both kept their helmets on...

10. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    In the interview with Tracy after the San Jose match, Tracy had a cut on his nose. I figure when he slammed Tag to the ground he cut his nose on Tag's open face shield. Tag keeping his helmet on was a very good idea and probably saved Tracy a ban for the rest of the year.

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The best comment was from Tracy, when he got Tag in a headlock and said " Come here you little ****!"

12. marankie

marankie Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Agoura Hills, Calif
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I am sure that Champ car management is loving it. Great publicity. A little slap on the wrist. In addition the points chase closes up, with a chance of a Real American winning the Championship. Would that not be great. Would be first since Vasser. And I am not here to bash SB. He is a fine driver working for the best team. But Champ car is an American race series. I think that it should be mandatory for every Champ (and IRL) team to have at least one USA driver that actually started his racing carreer in the states, be on there team. The other could be some hot shot well heeled foreign driver who would also be there to coach mentor his Amarican driver team mate. Championship points would be awarded on the race placing of BOTH drivers.

13. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    The fact that this thread is now up to 4 pages proves that, if nothing else, this is GREAT publicity for Champ Car. I wonder if Gerry Forsythe is giving PT some bonus money on the side for "series promotion"! "Hey Paul, no championship for you this year - how about we get some good press going before the new chassis comes out in 2007?" :)

14. Jbuffa

Jbuffa Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Joseph Buffa
    I agree, I thought is was a fantastic move..until he locked up and crashed. But he went for it!

15. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That's a great theory and it dose have merit. But I think 4 pages reflect the interest in open wheel racing in America. Combine the talent of both and all is good.

At this point T. George appears to be the roadblock.

16. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    True.

17. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Robin Miller will have PT on WindTunnel tonight. See what the fellow has to say for himself.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

RAIN....