Anniversary ideas? | FerrariChat

Anniversary ideas?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cam'ron, Aug 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cam'ron

Cam'ron Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    Troy, Illinois US
    Full Name:
    Cameron Petrie
    hey guys, I've been dating this girl and we have our 1 year coming up in about a week. Thing is, I've never dated anyone this long before. I have no idea what to do or get her. what's normal for a gift. shold I go big or just maybe cook at home for her? I'm lost and any advice would be awesome.
    Cheers, Cameron

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
  3. Cam'ron

Cam'ron Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    Troy, Illinois US
    Full Name:
    Cameron Petrie
    like that idea hadn't crossed my mind lol, is that the best you guys can come up with?

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It depends on some factors like how old you are, what kind of girl she is expectation-wise and how serious the relationship is. This might actually be a good opportunity to find out. After a year, you should know things about her like what her perfect evening would be. Well, do that. I'm sure it's a romantic dinner etc, etc. Or, it might be beer and a burger. Just don't mortgage yourself to buy a material gift, because that's a lose-lose situation. Either you two end up together forever, and you've set the precedent of expensive gift-buying, or you break up at some point and you've wasted money on her.

5. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    A diamond necklace (nothing too expensive, $300).

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    How much money can you spare...?

Three hundred and sixty five roses would be nice; don't have them delivered either. Bring them all to her yourself (or if you want, have them delivered to her office, where everyone else can see some poor delivery boy shuffle in over thirty dozen roses). Tell her there's a rose for every day you've been dating and that every rose is something special. Just like her.

They'll die in a week; ten days tops. And when you see the darkened, wilted petals, your mind will tense up for second as you realize you spent hundreds of dollars - probably well in excess of $500 - on those flowers. But she'll never forget it. And she'll tell people about it for weeks. Her mom, her co-workers, her friends - hell, she'll tell people she doesn't even know...! Because every woman will get a diamond whatever at some point in some relationship. But how many will get a year's worth of flowers - one for every day you've been dating - all in one day?

7. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Since we don't have a lot of information to use, I'm going to make some assumptions here. I'm assuming that you're relatively young and that this is your first semi-serious relationship. Even if this isn't true, my advice would remain mostly the same.

The best gifts are the ones that require the most thought, not the most money. Prepare her favorite meal at home and give her something creative and thoughtful that only you could come up with.

One of the best gifts my wife gave me was a box with 365 little pieces of paper in it. Each one gave a specific reason that she loved me. I know that it took her a lot of time and effort to create that gift, but it didn't cost much of anything in monetary terms.

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome; a woman after my own heart...

9. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Yeh but the little piece of paper with the word sex wasnt there was it? :)

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    A nice weekend getaway that you can enjoy together...

11. Janet

Janet Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Pacific Northwest / Florida
    Full Name:
    Janet
    I would save the big expensive gifts for wedding anniversaries and other events later in life.

A day (or evening) of some thoughtful planning should be wonderful. Perhaps start off with a little hop around town beginning with the location of your first meeting or date. Have her meet you there. Again. Follow with some other stops at places that the two of you have shared during your year together. Showing her that the memories are important to you should mean a lot. Make the last stop (for dinner perhaps) a new place to begin new memories as you begin a new year together. A small bouquet of her favorite flowers waiting at the last location should be lovely.

Nothing over the top. Memories and thoughtfulness should melt her heart.

12. Cam'ron

Cam'ron Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    Troy, Illinois US
    Full Name:
    Cameron Petrie
    thanks guys, a lot of helpful ideas and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do.

13. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I haven't been through all 365 yet, but I'm still holding out hope.

14. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I feel quite blessed to have her in my life.

15. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Just remember whatever you do now you're setting the precedence for years to come (if you guys make it). Congrats on a year and good luck.

16. luxurybazaar

luxurybazaar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Peter
    My girlfriend can't get enough purses/wallets... It's a nice gift and it's not as serious as a ring, IMO.

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    do we get to find out? NNO the roses idea is great

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome... Congratulations...

Webby, thanks, but it's certainly not economical... :)

19. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It may not be economical, but you must admit that your idea would most definitely leave a lasting impression. It would probably also make him the most wanted man of all his girlfriend's girlfriends. A handy title if things should take an unfortunate turn down the road.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It has. :)

21. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ah, I thought your words sounded like they came from experience. Very nicely done sir. Very nicely done.

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I'll admit, I've never ordered or purchased 365 roses. But I once made a similar arrangement on a far smaller scale. It was well-received.

Dude, 365 roses would cost an arm and a leg, LOL...!

23. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ha ha, yeah that would be quite expensive. You'd need to get in touch with a wholesaler rather than a retailer for a quantity like that. Might pick up a good deal a few days after Valentine's Day.

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wholesaler...! D'OH...! Now you tell me...!

25. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ha ha. I used to do some business with flower growers (transporting product to wholesalers). It was amazing how much difference in price there is from field to flower shop. Used to get lots of free flowers too!