Lowered asking price of my Stradale to 199k | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lowered asking price of my Stradale to 199k

Discussion in '360/430' started by GoodWood, Aug 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frayed

frayed Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    You have a future in selling popsicles to Eskimos. j/k man. Beautiful car.

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Beautiful car, I am sure you will find the right buyer sooner than later. Especially with your Color/Interior setup.

3. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    FWIW That color is gorgeous and I'd sooner have the sleeper Stradale than the "Look cops here I come!" red with stripes.

4. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    Summer weather will be over within the next 3 months in 3/4 of the country. Time is money and in this case, time to enjoy the nice weather is money as well. Do not fall in love with the car. If you have already decided to sell it you might as well move the car. Otherwise, you may just not find a buyer and no likes to buy a car when winter comes. Especially an Fcar. Good luck. It is a great car. BTW, I don't like the stripe so I don't think that's a bad thing. The color is it's best selling feature.

5. 12:03

12:03 Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    South Jordan, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ben
  6. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You're not mincing words. I was under the impression that you and Chris550 had a deal brewing (off-line). That is obviously not the case, after further reading of Chris550's previous posts as pointed out by Steve.

I stand corrected. If this "my offer stands" was truly his 1st post responding to your sale (implying there was prior contact, which clearly your denying, "to the best of my knowledge") I would dismiss any past, present or future posts by this "wannebe".

Chris550,

Had you previously made an offer or have contact with GoodWood prior to your "my offer for $192k stands, really" post? Sounds like the answer is "no". Unless we get into a he-said/he-said debate here, do us all a favor here and find another Chat forum to post your misleading statements/offers to buy.

As far as I'm concerned (and perhaps others here, as well) you are persona non grata.

GoodWood,

I retract my previous post and admit I read WAY too much into this putz' post. Good luck in selling your car!

7. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    GoodWood
    At your new price I'm sure you'll find a buyer near your price point. Beautiful car, with a great colour combo.
    Good luck

Stephen

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I believe I bought that car last Saturday. I paid less than the buy it now price and got a few nice things thrown is as well. I also know people that have paid in the area of $199k for a nice CS. The titanium one that Goodwood has looks beautiful and hopefully he gets what he's asking. :)

9. Chris550

Chris550 Guest

Nov 26, 2005
    Man, there are mean people here. Another minus.

10. Chris550

Chris550 Guest

Nov 26, 2005
    And KenU... FU. Call me a putz you looser.

11. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thats "loser"........ You guys are funny!!!!

12. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I am in the market for a CS. I can afford the 430. At $199K I think I would rather spend an extra $40K and get the 430. It's less than 20% more and if you can afford $199K, you can afford $240K. I think depreciation will be much less on the 430 too. I also think CS's will drop like rocks over the next year or two as more and more 430's show up on Ebay. I've looked at CS's at the dealer with mid 3K on mileage and asking was mid $180's. Yes, they were Red. But like Red.

I'd take the $192k and run as long it was a firm offer.

Just my $.02

13. BH1

BH1 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    NSB, Fl & Aspen, Co
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I would give Gary $192k for the red CS immediately, the CS in Miami is pretty clean but I would still prefer Gary's car. Until that time I have to wait or keep my eyes open. My offer is real though!!!

14. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sure, there's some truth to that statement, but bear in mind that far more of the population live in the southern states vs everywhere else, esp in the winter months, and there is no such thing as winter in the southern states.... certainly not in FL where I plan to spend it! :D And besides, who ever said that a sportcar must be mothballed when the Autumnal Equinox arrives Sept 23. There's still plenty of enjoyable driving left come Autumn in the more northern states.

15. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry but I have to disagree with your statement of CS's dropping "like rocks" when more 430'***** Ebay. I think you might have the CS's residual values confused with ANY Porsche's! ;) And the 430CS, sure whenever *that* finally hits the market eons from now, watchout, because it's MV price going to be in the stratosphere!
    I'm sure you're aware that the CCM brakes alone are a 14k option on a 430. Few non-ordered cars even have them. I won't go so far as to say you're comparing apples to oranges here, but more like Red Delicious to Fuji, and I much prefer the Fuji! :D

16. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I was about to type the same thing myself. Very well said.

17. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #42 GoodWood, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I know, it's ludicrous to say a 430 is ordinary, it's anything but ordinary, but within the scope of this thread, it is, when compared to the limited, single MY run of a Stradale. Some here say they're like day and night, while others will argue that they're very similar. What I do know, is the guy that ends up with my CS is going to be one lucky b@stard, and I'll be stuck driving This POS for a while! ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Nice car Steve, how is the SMG?

19. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    With 7 gears, 6 shift programs in S mode (5 with DSC on), and 5 in D, I really like the flexibility of being able to choose. Most times, I keep it in S5, or when compelled to use D, D4. I call D mode "For Dire Emergencies Only", because it truly sucks. Extremely non-intuitive when it comes to shift points.
    I actually prefer the feel of it's shifts better than the Stradale's too. It's less jarring when driving in normal traffic situations, esp when you learn to lift ever so slightly right after executing a shift. Something you don't want to do in a Stradale. What I hate are the placement of those stupid little paddles on the steering wheel. You can never find them in mid-turn. I almost never use them, preferring to shift with the regular stick shifter. It has it's idiosyncrasies for sure, but once used to them, it's a top notch clutchless manual.

20. 12:03

12:03 Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    South Jordan, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I notice you went with the "indianapolis red"

;)

21. isaacly

isaacly Karting

Jul 7, 2005
    la, ca
    Full Name:
    isaac
    beautiful car.. but are all stradale's F1?

22. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. I do not think I am comparing apples to oranges. A 430 is just a next gen 360. A 430 has more horsepower, lower maintenance cost, warranty, updated looks inside and out and it's new.

Don't get me wrong. I love your CS. One of the best looking ones I've seen. But the only reason I have bought one yet is the 430.

23. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yes.

24. AntonioDestiny

AntonioDestiny Karting
    BANNED

Oct 5, 2005
    Full Name:
    Antonio
    I really like that color on the M5..

25. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, the 430 has more hp, but also weighs more, so that's essentially a tradeoff, in fact it could be considered a deficit if track weight is important to you. Could you explain why the 430 has lower maintenance costs? I'm not following that one.