430 black nostril stone chip paint? | FerrariChat

430 black nostril stone chip paint?

Discussion in '360/430' started by LouB, Aug 18, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    1200 miles and I have multiple stone chips already. Anyone know a good matching matt black paint solution? With the shiny surface, could be tough to get an invisible job.

Anyone try the 3M film in this area? Might be too shiny on the black but maybe not.

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    My dealer gave me black paint which I use for the chips and it works beautifully.

3. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    I had that area clear coated specifically to apply film. I've seen a lot of badly chipped cars and wanted to avoid that myself.

4. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    I done custom application using 3M film on several F430's in that area. It will appear shinny in certain angles, but not as noticable. Cleary, it will save you from stone chips and the occational touch-up paint. F-Chat member "SrfCty" was one my first F430 to have this coverage. I have an extended coverage version that I redesigned, where it wraps almost around (280 degree) inside the inner nose. Be sure to search around for qualified experience 3M applicators in your area to do this task. Canne de Fucile is what I used for fill ins, its close to match that inner nose color.

Hope this helped!

5. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    I personally detest the plastic crap! Here's an alternative you might consider...

Get a small vial of the official touch-up paint from the F dealer. If you can't get it there, a good body shop or pro auto paint store should be able to mix up a small amount of paint for you.

Then get some Langka (www.langka.com). btw, the nostril color is ideal for this method.

6. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    agree with 911 Fan. Langka is excellent for deep chips which need to be filled excessively then pared down with Langka The black t/up paint covers the superficial chips so well that Langka not necessary.

7. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hmnn, I have discussed this with the Ferrari dealership, a couple of excellent body shops and received the same answer. Any fix will look worst than the unsightly chip.:(