360/430 off season price fluctuations... | FerrariChat

360/430 off season price fluctuations...

Discussion in '360/430' started by crazy canuck, Jul 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    OK, everyone, get your crystal balls out...

Well, it' not that far off, but now with only a few weeks until the end of summer, what would you project the following cars to be worth say in about a month or 2... (considering they will basically need to be stored in the garage until next year for many folks in the US and Canada)

so what do you think 360 coupes, 360 spyders, & 430 coupes will be going for in the next month or so...is it worth waiting?

2. AutoXer

AutoXer Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey CC, I think your question is too vague. There are so many factors to consider such as year, miles, options, and condition.

3. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    Sorry..I guess I should clarify...

I am specifically wondering about lo mileage, high demand colors, for 00-01 360 coupes and spyders, and any year of 430.

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I don't think any price changes in a month or two. Now wait until the end of Jan. or Feb. and I think there may be some difference.

5. BOBAER

BOBAER Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2006
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    5% off by mid November, plus maybe 2-3% for just getting older.

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Your best bet is a car that's been sitting especially a place where the snow's going sideways outside. OTOH, there are always deals out there.

7. DoctorB

DoctorB Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    Full Name:
    Richard Benedon
    Can't I just put my 430 Mannitino in 'ice' mode and drive it all winter?

8. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

Manettino, have your assistance write that one down doc.

9. stoopsdude

stoopsdude Karting

Jul 1, 2006
    Westport, CT
    Why dont you try that one and get back to us

10. rllucero

rllucero Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2006
    Santa Fe/San Diego
    Full Name:
    richontravel
    the 360s will drop by about 10% because there are so many of them on the market. They have indicated they will be able to sell more of them when they drop below the six-digit figure.

11. Redd430

Redd430 Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2006
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steve G
    Great idea.

12. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hmm, wouldn't that be "assistants", or "assistant"? :) Correcting one's spelling on an internet message board is pretty silly, don't you think?

13. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Holy ****, I wasn't paying attention!...lol Do you think that I really made that mistake? Hmm, no. I did it to see your reaction and was expecting it a lot sooner. Sometimes is silly, but your spelling was so bad that I felt like letting you know.

14. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Karting

Dec 29, 2005
    Bloomfield
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think all seasonal toys have some price swings. However I think the high end cars are NOT as senstive. Maybe a boat , vette or like owner want to get out from under storage, ins, lic, ect. I dont not think folks who paid $200K for a toy are as affected. If somebody wants a really nice F car, they will pay very near its value for the most part IMO. I have a one sale at fair price. I am seeking a sale , but wouldnt give away a car for seasonal discount vs use again in the spring for 10K. Well that my 2 cents. theres always a summer / winter swing ,but evident on vettes or the like. best wishes

15. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

Prices of the common Ferraris will drop after the summer, even here in Florida. Dealers here give wholesale $120K for a good well optioned 2001 360 with around 10,000 miles and pretty soon they will lower that to $115K.

16. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    See thats the huge misconseption in the car business, you still have the same traffic in fact more, because eveyone belives they will get a better deal and it creats a market rush. If Ferrari was like a Lexus or a High production car then this thread makes since, but these cars always have demand. The little secret....most of the (upwards of 60%) Ferrairs and Lamborghini advertised on Dupont, Ebay, Hemmings, Auto Trader, cars.com, are uincorn cars that dealer do not have...you have seen all the threads latly..they sold the car before telling or we are only a couple grand apart and they sold car..the reason they never had the car!!!

17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

I remember when I bought a nice NSX from a dealer that used to be in front of The Auto Toy Store in Fort Lauderdale, I bought the car from Steve Fast. I remember that they had my car advertised for a year after I bought it and I asked him why, his replied was that they like many dealers always do this with a car with demand, it works as bait.

18. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    Well, if you're purporting yourself to be one that has an educated opinon on matters discussed on this board, would it be too much to ask that one checks their spelling and grammar.

On that note...Please forward spelling and editorial comments to your mother.

19. Fly'n DutchMan

Fly'n DutchMan Karting

Oct 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills CA
    Full Name:
    Sander Brouwers
    It seems like there is a seasonal trend with northeast, northwest and mid west dealers. As the cold weather comes natrually the local demand for sports cars slows and these dealer start selling nationally into the warmer states which in tunr can effect prices in those areas as well.