Anyone in the Myrtle Beach area? | FerrariChat

Anyone in the Myrtle Beach area?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by ECTurboGSX, Aug 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'll be down in N. Myrtle Beach from Tuesday evening through Saturday. I'm going with my girlfriend, who will be there on business, so basically I will have the days pretty open. If anyone is in the area and free, I'm looking for things to do besides go to the gym all day. Going putt putt and to the waterparks alone sounds pretty pathetic so I will have to save that stuff for the evenings. It'd be nice to meet some more f-chatters, so let me know. Thanks guys.

2. The Zapper

The Zapper Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    Well, I live about an hour north in NC. My schedule is tied up though. Can't really recommend anything, usually I only go to the House Of Blues for concerts. I'm not a going our person. There's the mall... someone spotted a Murcielago, you can sit and wait for that! lol

3. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sounds like a blast, haha. Well, I'll keep checking the computer at the hotel and see if anyone else happens to catch this. Anyone have any good resteraunt recommendations? I've only eaten at the Hard Rock Cafe and Hooters. I've also never been to the boardwalk, is it worth 25 bucks per person? Any help is much appreciated.

4. The Zapper

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    Can't help much as far as restaurants go. Cracker Barrell is good... I've heard people say the HOB has good food, but it looks a little pricey to me. Sorry I can't help more.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    David Sebok, our FCA represenative is in MB. I'll see if I can contact him. Also, go to The Collector Cafe and Coffee Bar near 82nd Avenue on business 17. It is very good and interesting. Life is too short for bad coffee....

6. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm relying on citysearch right now to try and find some good italian. I'm kind of worried when Outback is ranked as the best steak place and Carraba's is the best italian. Those places might be able to scrape the top ten around here. Myrtle Beach must be slacking. David, I'll check out the coffee place, but I am more of a tea drinker. Maybe it can convert me ;)

7. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    Myrtle Beach has a few things to offer...I live down the road, but don't get up that way too often. I would give a few of the popular cafes a try. I believe they just opened a new KISS themed one. Also, they have numerous outlet malls in the area too.

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    The name is very misleading, it is one of the best locally owned resturants in Mytle Beach, also an Art Gallary

9. Winkie

Winkie Rookie

Sep 26, 2004
    Ughm, try masters, nuttin butt horseplay,penthouse club,diearres (byob ), if you are in to clubs try club kryptonite. Or just sit in the motel and watch HGTV. Not much else.

Edit: those are in south myrtle never spent much time on north.

10. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That sounds like my kind of place. Thank you for the pointer, I'll definately check that out.

11. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Crap I was just down there this week Aug 13th thru the 17th at my friend's Beachouse near Rte 22 and Kings Rd/Shore Dr is at. I usually go down there a few times in the summer time for a few days here and there. I just got back this morning from Myrtle Beach.
    For Dinner I would suggest Rossi's Italian place which is a good restaurant to eat at on Lake Arrow Road. It's on the left and just before you get to the Carolina Opry place. Also go to Broadway at the Beach on Rte 17 which on Tuesday nights they have fireworks and I was up there with my 5 yr old Niece and my Sister. Also in Myrtle Beach they have an indoor Karting place called "Kart Trax" on 38th Ave behind Hooters that is sort of new but they only get up to 30 mph. Hell I would have played Putt Putt with ya but im already back at work in Greensboro NC. Sorry I didn't get this in time or I would have Pmed ya. Also watch out for the rain today and tommorrow which they are calling for scattered showers and could be heavy at times. It rained last night when I was up at the Grand Prix course in N Myrtle beach. anyways be safe!!

12. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks Bruce, I just got back as well. We didn't do many exciting things as she was normally pooped from working all day and I was pooped from sitting around and waiting all day. We ate at The Collector's Cafe last night. I think the prices were a little on the high side for what you were getting, but it is Myrtle Beach. The drinks weren't very well made either. The service was great though. If you think about going here, the only things on the menu are seafood, beef, and lamb, so no chicken or pork. If you enjoy being surrounded by expensive, original art, this may be the place for you. The painting next to our table carried a $4,500 price tag. As far as wine, a large selection of bottles ranging from 100-600, so nothing very cheap and nothing insanely expensive. I probably wouldn't eat there again, I'm not a big seafood fan, but I'm glad we did try it out. Thanks again David for the recommendation.
    My girlfriend had to head home early, which is why I am back already. We were supposed to have our fun tomorrow, but obviously that isn't working out. I was hoping to either go parasailing or ride horses on the beach. Didn't see the Lambo while I was there and I really didn't see anything interesting. I was overwhelmed by the number of motorcyclists who don't wear helmets down there. I realize that it is optional, but I guess it is obvious that I think you should make it mandatory on yourself to keep you skull protected. Other than that, no more good stories. Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread, I appreciate it. Bruce, maybe next time.

13. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    I have been in town all week and will be in town until the 28th. looking to pic up another home down here. be on the lookout for a rimmed out phantom :)
    ///MK

14. The Zapper

Oct 12, 2004
    Munich
    I take it the M is in DC? Wouldn't mind seeing the Phantom though. Do you have any idea whose yellow M that might be?

15. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I suggest looking around Surfside SC which is a bit south from the Busy area of Myrtle Beach. If you really like quietness then look towards Murrels Inlet about 10 miles south of Myrtle Beach. Also look near Shore Drive (about halfway between North and South Myrtle Beach) which they have some nice Beach House Cottages for sale around 5 to $600,000 with 4 bedrooms, Living room, a Bar downstairs, and a little Kitchen. If you do your homework on Cottages you might find some around 200,000k with a little bit of repair to deal with but you can turn them around to a money making machince.
    I guess your more into buying an actual beach house though.

16. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    We already own a house on Lake drive (Dunes Cove) which is nice because it offers a stately family home near walking distance from the north end of myrtle along with the country club golf course thing. I will probably by a pretty recognizable home in the area not too far a way from where I am now. I am looking at the 3-5mil range. I need to be in as good an area as possible for the kiddies and am a fan of wide open spaces indoors :)
    cheers,
    ///MK

17. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Gov contracts are great huh? I have a couple of friends in Columbia who are Solfware developers, one developed www.x-plane.com and the other sold his company to DOD, based out of Charleston. Both arel great guys and car lovers. Come to Roebling in October for the FCA track event, and make some new friends.

18. ciao baby

ciao baby Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    if you can email me the details. I bet I will be in town in october to close mike @ MKGCS . Com

thanks
    ///MK