How did you first found or learn about Ferrarichat | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How did you first found or learn about Ferrarichat

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Miura Jota, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How did you first find or learn about FerrariChat.com?

1. Word of mouth

2. Search engine like Google or Yahoo

3. Forza ad

4. Cavallino ad

5. FCA Newsletter or Prancing Horse ad

6. Another forum

7. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I found out through a famous Lamborghini forum, im not gonna say which one but the owner Colonel Volgin told me about it.

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    you have an interesting point there.

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had just purchased my fcar and I asked a friend where I could learn more and meet other fcar owners. Almost 2 years later, I'm still learning.

4. chitown dave

chitown dave Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2005
    well...Chicago
    Full Name:
    well...Dave
    I was researching the new Fort GT (40) and found some threads on them - Now this is the only car site I frequent!

5. ROLOcr

ROLOcr Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Full Name:
    ROLO
    i was looking for some info on a problem with an F40 regarding the fuel pumps, and landed here!, great place!

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yahoo search for me as well! Still use it too!

I used to be a member of a Corvette forum back when I had a C5 and one day I thought to myself, "hmm, these forums are pretty badass. I wonder if there is a Ferrari one?!!"

So like Dave said, GAME OVER :D

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I was reading about a coach-built Ferrari in Forza I believe when they mentioned the owner and that the car had been talked about frequently on Ferrarichat. I decided to check it out and now I'm a junky.

8. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was at a BMW site for DIY on a M3 and a 330CI. I never posted there but noticed they were always ribbing a guy named Jimmy540. Then one night I saw a link pointing to Jimmy getting a ribbing at F-Chat. I clicked it.

9. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I just always knew it was here I guess?

10. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
  11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    It was a bright, sunny day. It was shining so bright the sun made the pavement look charcoal instead of black. The waves were gently lapping the shore and there was this chick in a string bikini.

He was wearing a trenchcoat and a drooping pair of shorts, the beer pouring off the brim and cascading onto the sidewalk. Taken aback by this beautiful figure I reached inside my pocket for my Willie, the most powerful hand gun in the world, so powerful it would blow your head clean off.......................wait a minute, wrong story.

As I stood there contemplating what to do this sleek figure in the bikini reached out with an elegant, lithe hand and beckoned me closer. Shaking with trepidation I took a step closer and the figure reached out again beckoning me. Before going any further I yelled at her, "Who in God's great earth are you and what do you want?!". The slender figure said, "Come closer, I have something for you".

"My goodness!, Not until you tell who you are and what you want!"

She said, "Come here my son and reap this gift of enlightenment".

As I sidled closer I noticed a small tattoo on her upper thigh that read "Ferrarichat.com" There was a small gum wrapper on the ground, so I picked it up and scrawled the name for future reference.

When I got home I fired up the generator, burned a pizza and went to the computer to see what this Ferrarichat.com was about.

Within months I owned a 348 and lavished attention and time on it like the addict I was. HOOKED I AM, HAPPY THAT THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THIS.

(add syncopatically blissful music as desired)

So I guess thats it. The story of my entertainment, totally original in every way. I've given up nothing and nobody body to peruse this site.

[size=+2]BE Original![/size]

:D

BT

12. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Went to for the big Monterey weekend in 2004 and one evening (can't remember which one) we went to Baja Cantina as we always do and the F-Chatters were having a dinner there on the lawn. Came home, checked it out and have been hooked ever since.

Al

13. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    In August 02, I rented a 355 Spider for 24 Hrs while in Vegas.
    When I got home I immediately found the FCA Tech Forum.
    I read…and I read some more. Bill Badurski has a wealth of
    knowledge, but there just was not enough going on.

In Nov. 03, a post on the Tech Forum mentioned F-Chat.
    I’ve been here since. I do check the FCA site now and then,
    but this has been home since.

14. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I accidentally learned 308s were within my price range (as one of the many uninformaed I would have guessed they were all over 100k) for cash and began the information gathering process. Fchat popped up so many times on my Google searches it was amazing.

"308 mileage price impact" or something like it was the one that brought me here 1st.

15. Greg Scott

Greg Scott Karting

Mar 18, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg Scott
    I was in a back room of a "gentleman's" club in Dallas and heard strange swishing noises coming from the chair next to me. There was a hot Asian chick with a young, dark haired guy with ties to Kansas who had an MBA from Babson University. Once the dancer stumbled off in a daze, I tried in vain to explain the differences between a 'Cuda and a Camaro to him. He thought they were the same car. After 10 beers each and as many table dances, he told me about the site. Years later, I checked it out.

16. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    In November of 2003, Mike at Norwood Performance said it was a good site to use to sell a tubi off my 355. It quickly went to lawdog in san fran to get instaled the next day. Been hooked ever since.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You are incorrect! I got my BS from Babson, MBA was from Univ. of Dallas. :)

18. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I was out at an auction buying the license plate that is my nickname here. A guy pulled up in his stunning 355 Spider and I went over for a chat about the car. He suggested we go for a drive and I happily accepted. We blasted down the motorways and country roads for an hour and I had a great day. He suggested I should attend an event when he got his new car. This event would have lots more Ferraris and sports cars. I asked where to find details of the event and he said...

"FerrariChat.com"

So here I am 2 years later :D

19. sue308

sue308 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Susan Hawley
    I was a young impressionable man (clean and sober) who loved the Ferrari life style. Being that I had no Ferrari I sought out people who did so I might one day lure them into a state of submission and borrow their steed.

I was an avid member of “Expensive Car”. I joined Fchat when Robbo (he loves when I call him that) performed the hostile take over. I think I was member #6 to the site. Rob can you corroborate that? Soon after I actually met Rob at the FCA meet in Dallas. A fight ensued, over hair wax preference, which was broken up by Mr. Scaglietti. As I tried to recover from the barrage of punches rained down from Rob I noticed that his hair, although slightly impacted, was almost completely undisturbed while mine was in total disarray. It was at that point that knew I had found my leader.

20. Greg Scott

Greg Scott Karting

Mar 18, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg Scott
    And people say I have "issues"...

PS: Have noted correct educational background info.

21. ronr

ronr Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2002
    DFW, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I started seeing a lanky, uncomfortably well-groomed guy showing up for my weekly cross country running-to-beer activities. No matter how many thickets, briars, or creeks we ran through, his hair was always perfect. The runs were widely advertised as being non-competitive, but this new guy was always the front-running basturd. One time, we were waiting on the others to catch up, and he wanted to swim across the lake and back. In February.

Turned out, he was highly allergic to poison ivy. It didn't bother him as much as you'd think. He would tell us about taking blistering hot showers and aiming the hot water directly on his rashes and experiencing nearly orgasmic pleasures. (I will admit that feels pretty good...) It wasn't long, however, before the embarassment and discomfort of full-body PI inflammation became too much to endure.

A few years later, when researching the purchase of my first Ferrari, I came (who said ca...) across FerrariChat and Rob Lay, the Poison Ivy Kid.

22. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I believe I heard about it from the old Ferrari List. Seems like ages ago.

23. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    I did a web search a few uears ago and found it. I have been on here ever since. I may not do a lot of posting, but I love to read a lot of what everyone else has posted. I get a lot of laughs from here during the day. Keeps me from being bored.

24. sue308

sue308 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Susan Hawley

So many interesting and varied stories. Every one is so special in their own way. I can really feel the love. Bless this place and, gosh darn it, bless that whacky plastic haired fella who started it all.

25. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    there was a link in a post on the RX7 Club web forum which i'm a member of to the thread here about the Sultan of Brunei's car collection. somewhere on the list of cars in garage 5, there's a FD3S (thrid generation RX7) which is what i own, so i had to see it with my own eyes.

now that i'm here... i think i'll stay for a while! its always nice to learn new things (since i'll be done with my Masters degree soon, i figure, why not learn more about cars now that i have some free time :))