Koenigsegg CCX vs. Supercars vs F430 | FerrariChat

Koenigsegg CCX vs. Supercars vs F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by F11, Aug 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F11

F11 Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    I currently own an F430. I like it but not as much as I liked my 360. THe performance is great but there is just something about the car that doesn't stun me like the 360 did. I was pondering the idea of a supercar. I've driven a murcielago and I liked it a lot. So, I was thinking about waiting for a LP640 Roadster. But they will still make at least 600 of them. So rarity is just OK. The veyron is too expensive for just one car and the enzo is already outdated in todays world of new supercars. It's still awesome though. I also thought about F40, and F50. But, for that money I could get the LP640 which is faster and better looking. Well, maybee not than an F50. But, the F50 is too race car'ish for street driving. Zonda is not worth the hassle of importing and doesn't look that good in person. The build quality on the car is just OK also. I then thought about a Carrera GT. But, the car is starting to become more common for a Half-Million dollar supercar. Next, was the SLR. The car is just so, so, and resale is awful. I then decided to get my ass of my couch and go check out the CCR. (Just in case you are wondering where I saw a CCR in the US, I am currently in seoul, Korea on Business and they have a dealer here.) All I have to say is wow. The quality is excelent. I know people have been asking about which car today is the most beutiful. The koenigsegg destroys any car being built today. FYI there was a black Enzo, Novitec F430, LP640, 288 GTO, Zonda S, Carrera GT, and Gemballa Porsche at this dealer. So I could compare. So I looked into it and the CCX is a US Legal Car. I like it a lot but, I want to here your guys opinions about this? Thanks!

2. Flex

Flex Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    Dubai
    maybe your not stunned by the 430 because you had a 360 and was stunned with it earlier, so the thrill is gone now

you said the enzo is outdated, then wanted to get an F50 !!!!!
    i guess you should be looking at the Enzo and compare it with the LP640
    both are great supercars, the enzo is limited and i dont need to tell you about the performance, the LP640 is a wonderful car i've seen it in action on the streets and got crazy

IMO carrera GT and SLR and zonda's are in the second league

i hope someone can help us in giving information about the koenigsegg ccx
    i dont have alot of information on it, i only saw the koenigsegg cc

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If the CCR is what flips your cookies over in the oven, then by all means buy one! And, save yourself a lot of money in the process.

4. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    CCR is a beast. Supercharged V8 with torque that will squeeze tears from your eyes. Exclucivity cannot be beat and its a very small company with an approchable team of employees that actually seem to car about the customer. I say go for it. :D

5. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i must quote Ferris Bueller:
    "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

F

6. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    If you pay close attention to your post then you will see that you really want more than one supercar. Also your post has so many contradictions that it just doesn't look right, just look at the part that you worry about resale on a SLR to then consider a Koenigsegg! Thar car is fast and for a moment think of finding a buyer for a kit cat, I know that is built with high end materials, this and that, but at the end the car is just an expensive toy with no history to its name, not that great looking, plain vanilla interior and with an uncertain future etc. The Enzo outdated? You own a F430 and you talk about really big money cars like an Enzo or F50 and one of my question is this

How come you bother to buy the bread and butter cars if you can afford the big dogs?

7. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I agree, You do contradict yourself with your post. It's OK. I do it all the time.

I'd make a pro and con list if I were you and figure out what is really important.

From what I read, it seems to me that an Enzo would suit you best. It makes all the checks.

8. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Koenigsegg has had three different models in four years. The production CC8S was released in 2002 and it has since been replaced twice by the CCR and now the CCX. The CCX will be replaced in the next two years and it will depreciate.

If I were you I would go for the LP640 Roadster. I would consider a production run of 600 units an extremely small figure considering (roughly) 1250 Carrera GT's were produced and even more SLR's.

The Koenigsegg is extremely rare but IMO rarity doesn't make it the best car or the most desirable either.

LP640 Roadster is the way to go!

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you can afford one , get an Enzo. Faster than a LP640 and prob more exclusive too ..well certainly more since for 99% an LP or a 6.2 Murcie are the same stuff.

10. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Enzo any day,
    any if the money permits Bug,..

Zonda F to me is a nicer car than the ccx.. but thats me.

wish you all the best for your next toy.

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Enzo...the stares u will get.... :D

12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    No Brainer. Get an Enzo, I have no idea what you are talking about when you are saying it is outdated. Best supercar in my opinion, in addition, its a Ferrari. If you are worried about resale, then the Enzo will hold its value better then any of the other supercars you mentioned.

13. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry, I was under the impression you didn't want an Enzo.

The Enzo would be my first choice. If not the Enzo, I would get the LP640 Roadster.

14. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Also, I do not know how you can compare an LP640 to an Enzo. Enzo is in a different class altogether. I would put the LP640 in the same class as the Carrera Gt, SLR and CCX. I would put the Enzo in the same league as the Veyron.

15. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    for price of koenigsssg, get one 599 and one carrera gt, they are the best in their category, throw in a ford gt if you can also.

Koeigsssg is a kit car.

16. Gotti

Gotti Rookie

May 12, 2005
    Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Jake Pelkey
    Don't forget the Salleen S7 twin turbo.

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Did you get the serial number of the black Enzo...?

18. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The Veyron is in a league of its own in price and in speed. Saying the enzo is near it is just not true based on numbers alone. The Mclaren F1 and the Veyron can line up and race when the Mclaren hits 120 the Veyron can start and it will pass the Mclaren before it hits 200. Thats crazy and alot faster then the enzo.

The carrera GT easily competes with an enzo and the gt actually put up the fastest time around the Ring. I am almost positive it still stands. Very comparible cars.

the SLR and the CCX are not for me but thats just me.

19. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Trying to be helpful and reviewing others posts, I suggest considering the following.

After accruing enough money and realizing I could afford virtually anything I saw, I bought less. It seems the more you buy, anticipation is often more fun than the ownership.

Trying to satisfy all urges with one car is difficult. Different cars for different needs. I drive a 745il rather than cars I have owned and found wanting before , i.e. Rolls, Bentley (ever try to take an off ramp in a 4 wheel drift in a Rolls?).

I bought and love driving my "hot rod" a 2006 Z-06 (which so far is one of the best cars I have ever driven for plain fun on the street). I just put my 360 up for sale and will get a 430 in a couple of months, simply because it is a beautiful car.The Farrari is not the Z-06 and the Z-06 is not a BMW, and neither are much like my Porsche Turbo.

I would concentrate on what makes you feel good. What gets you excited?

The CCX is unique, and everyone will have an opinion.

Remember, you regret more in life what you don't do than what you do!!!!

Good luck.

20. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    #20 shawsan, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    F50 and F40. You won't lose a penny.

22. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay

I think the Carrera GT and Enzo are in the same league and where they do differ is in price.

23. giago

giago Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Giago
    Since you don't seem to be the an Enzo type of guy.
    I would recomend you the Pagani over the Koenigsegg.
    From my personal experience, the build quality on the Paganis is way better than the Koenigsegg, as some of here said, "It is a kit car".

The F40 is my kind of car, so I would put it in first place for me.

I also like the idea of getting the 599, carrera GT, and Ford GT instead of a Koenigsegg.

But I must say that the Koenigsegg looks actually more outdayted than the Enzo, You know the desing is from the 90's right?

24. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY

Whoa, this the first I've heard of the Zonda build quality being anything less than unparalleled. The carbon work, amazing interior, custom Michelen tires, driving shoes from the Pope's cobbler--how is the quality and total package not up to par?

I'd be wary of the Koenigsegg. When you buy one, you're not as much of a customer as you are a test driver. The cars are still fairly new and reliability is an issue. Tiff from 5th Gear tested the Koenigsegg CCX a few months back and the clutch went south after a few laps of a track. Additionally, he said there's very little power in the low revs, as the gears are very tall to reach that ridiculous top speed. A Koenigsegg CC8S broke down during one of the Gumball rallies also. I forget which year is was (2004 I think), but I remember watching the video.

If it came down to the Koeniggsegg or the Zonda, I'd take the Zonda but that's just me.

I wish you luck with whatever you choose.

25. Vboy19

Vboy19 Karting

Aug 10, 2005
    I would go with either of the following and I have attached some links of cool vids for you:

SLR: I know everyone hates on this car, but really it is a great car. The breaks are unbelievable and it can handle around the track pretty well from what I have seen on the Top Gear tests. I also heard that they are going to fix the big breaking issue, re-vamp the engine, and the gearbox to help better sell the car.

Check out this video on the breaking:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-wKe_cbMlk

-Since you bring up the possibility of the Enzo it seems that your concern a little bit on the value, yet you want the thrill of driving. I would then recommend:
    Carrera GT- Awesome car, production I believe it’s sold out or you may still be able to get one from the factory.

599GTB- more practical, and I just think its going to be one of the sickest cars out there, I can't wait to see one in person.

Some things you should be cautious about:

LP640 roadster: from the road test I have read in magazines it sounds good and 600 to me is very limited production. However I would be cautious, and test-drive it for yourself. I read that they crashed a few of them already; the driver even crashed one on the way to a special preview ceremony in Italy.

Koeniggsegg: In my opinion I think the car is good, but in the US I don't think there would be much of a market as far as re-sale considering all the Carrera GT's, Ferraris, and Lambos out there. If you do get it, make sure you get the rear spoiler:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-wDCK5_3cds

I know this may not help, but there are numerous ways to go so I thought I would give you some options. By the way the F430 is my fav. car in the world, I absolutely love how it looks. Congrats and good luck on your purchase.