2Pac | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2Pac

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Baasha, Aug 30, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    :)

2. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    When he wasn't writing "hit em up" style tracks, he really did have poetic merit.

Pac is by far my favorite rapper. His lyrics, style, and DELIVERY round out a perfect package. He's the MJ of hip hop.

He was also very educated and very well spoken when he wanted to be. Can't really compare him to some of the trash that gets put out these days...

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I desperately beg to differ...

4. Scuderia_Ferrari

Scuderia_Ferrari Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Oh, I posted bail? I'm out this motha fu*ka? I can go? Oh f*ck yall ! F*ck the jury, f*ck the motha f*ckin district attorny, the prosecuter, and f*ck you motha ****ers in the jury box, F*CK ALL OF YALL, cause I'm out on bail and you aint ever gonna see me in this motha f*cka again !!!

Out On Bail

5. MrScarface

MrScarface Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 8, 2005
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Adam
    His skill as a rapper was subjective. But as a person he was human garbage. He lived about 10 years longer than her should have.

6. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    Don't like him, just can't.

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Formula 3

Apr 18, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Sheldon
    Pretty much...

8. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Just FYI, here in Vegas I met a lady that was working at the coroners that night he was shot... she saw his body and ASSURED me that he is definitely dead.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was just about to post that. :D

10. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    he was smart, maybe putting on a show like brittany and lindsey lohan.....when the media caught up to him, he played up his gangsta persona....but he was one of the first hip-hop artist to break into the movie scene, ala Ice cube. When he was bailed out of jail by Suge knight, the very next day he was in the Studio putting down tracks, so many so that after his death he kept Suge Knight and his mother rich. That's why people still think he is alive. His first album on Death Row was the two Disk 'all eyes on me' arguably the best rap album ever, his second less then a year later, 'Makaveli' (sp?). Rumor was Suge had a major life insurance policy on Tupac. That night in Vegas Tupas was shot and killed, he had on a bullet proof vest, while Suge, who was driving, only had a knick mark. Suge was the main problem, he even threatened Dr. Dre for the masters to all his songs when he left Death Row. Dre gave them up.

Tupac was something else.....I still to this day hate modern rap, the ying yangs, mike jones, little johns......but I always spin a Tupac CD

11. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    which chapter of the aryan nations are you with?? oo that's right.. from Austin.. no wonder..

12. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I learned this a while back, it doesn't matter if you like the genre of rap or not, for instance, I'm not a fan of 70's disco, but I still respect the artists. Unless they do something stupid, they have my respect because they are obviously leaders in their fields.

13. Prova7

Prova7 Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    DamonB
    Twice Popped?

14. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    My favourite songs are probably:

Gettho Gospel
    All Eyes On Me
    Only God Can Judge Me

15. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    those are all great songs, california love is another one, but the three top tupac songs in my mind are these:
    3. Brenda's Got a Baby
    2. Changes
    1. Until the End of Time

16. eurospec

eurospec F1 Veteran

May 29, 2005
    Mt Isa. Australia
    Full Name:
    mohamad
    how about tommorow

17. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    Hand down my favorite rapper.

A lot of people get him mixed up. The way he was portrayed in the media was way off compared to what he really stood for and meant. He totally flipped after the whole shooting and Death Row signing though, he started to really stand up for the Thug Life persona and pushed it hard because of Death Row. Basically, they sort of say that 2pac died for Rapper's sins...check the The Don Killuminati Album cover, it represents how he was crucified by the media the way Jesus was crucified by people who didn't agree with his teachings. Jesus died for the sins of us while 2pac died for the sins of rappers. Sooner or later something had to happen to a rap artist because of the music and tensions all of the rappers built up between one an other and he was it. The guy was talented, he just brought real music. Too real, and it's funny because in some of his documentary's he would talk about how he would tone down the music...lol. He said that its better to be 100% real on tracks because if you try to fake it and be something you're not, then you're not going to be accepted. It might make you a lot of money (50 cent,) and being real might now. Being real might not appeal to as many people because not all will relate to the subjects, but at least you will get credit and respected for "representing and being real" on the level that you were. He rapped about all this hard core stuff and still rapped about soft topics like single mothers and his relationship to his mother. I'm about to go to the gym, I don't want to get too carried away, but yeah, he just didnt care. That's what I loved about him.

Recommended download and one of my favorites-

Dear Mama.

Pain for the above the rim soundtrack is another good one that I like, but he has so many good songs!

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If you don't have the book "Resurrection" - get it.

19. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Agreed.

RMX

20. REMIX

I bought this when it came out and listened to it for a long time. Must have been around 1995 or so. But, while it was a great album, I still think the greatest rap album had to have been Dre's "The Chronic", Public Enemy's "Fear of a Black Planet" or NWA's "Str8 Outta Compton". Those three albums changed the course of rap music IMO. That's why I've always said real rap music died in 1993 or so (with a few exceptions).

RMX

21. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

it was awesome i tell u. it's hard enough growing up not knowing who ur father is, and then ur mum gets killed. he distributed drugs, but he never did them. now thats respect. and that current single of his, ' best friends ', he wrote that when he was just around 10-11 yrs old. damn...that guy really has something.

i doubt if i ever would have survived in the streets like him. seriously, for those who haven't watch this movie. go get it.

22. Blackbird4life

Blackbird4life Formula 3

Jul 8, 2005

Tupac died 6 six days later after the vegas strip. She was almost correct eh?

Eh, it's more than being in a certian demographic. Wouldn't be surprised if Bill Cosby agreed with him, because we all have unique views(well those who are open minded or analytical) when it comes to deceased individuals who created an strong impact to society. MrScarface did have the energy to post his view on pac, he may like another rapper who knows. There were probaly some users who just looked at the thread title and said F*** Pac...etc.

WOW....I was blown away by this statement.

23. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006

Man, no Illmatic in there? NWA was a huge album, P.E., of course, The Chronic? Nah. It was a good album, but it didn't change anything. Illmatic did change the scene from LA to NY to me.

24. REMIX

I remain fairly convinced "The Chronic" was the bridge album that helped bring those who weren't listening to the music into the fray. It really popularized hip hop in a way nothing else had before. Where NWA and PE were really for listeners and die hard fans, "The Chronic" changed all that. In a popular sense, it was a home run for that genre much in a way that "Nevermind" was for grunge.

Think about what the general public knew before this. Run DMC? MC Hammer? Vanilla Ice? We were all listening to Rakim, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Public Enemy, NWA, ourselves and basically no one knew who they were. Mainstream radio wasn't playing much of that at all. "The Chronic" was a big part of that shift.

RMX

25. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

u didn't watch the movie yet? i guess 50 is the ' cleanest ' rapper around these days...oh..i forgot big Will ;)