So, what's your take on the Gallardo... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

So, what's your take on the Gallardo...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Chris550, Jun 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I've driven a 360 spider and a 05 Gallardo at VIR. Granted, I don't think I've ever been quite so scared driving a car as I was coming down the front straight, looking down at the speedo and seeing it register 150 before the press tower... I had to back off, the brakes weren't inspiring any confidence in me what-so-ever.

Honestly, I would have to say that had the Gallardo been rear wheel drive, and had the same amount of driver involvement that the 360 has, I would have to say Gallardo without a doubt. I just don't like the feel of it's AWD system...

But, with that said, I still prefer the 360. The feel of the 360 is light-years ahead of the Gallardo. If I didn't have to choose however, there's no doubt I'd have both.

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    lol...i was wondering if someone would pick up on this!!!!

3. donrecto

donrecto Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    I'm not gonna say that the G is a F wanna be,like clarkson did...or that its looking for identity, hence, copying successful design features(engine showcase stunt)..or that it looks dull as hell, or that it looks like a "transformer"!These are all subjective observations....The hell with it i will!!!i'm sorry just can't seem to make myself even remotely able to consider this car to be a real lamborghini,they scaled things down into nothing if you ask me!I Like the M though....But given the choice ,its Ferrari any day

4. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    #29 masterlu, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    #30 masterlu, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Don Recto???

Aren't you aware of Lamborghinis history? The Gallardo was expected since the Jalpa was put out of production.
    By the way you're in a forum of latin cars, where Lamborghinis are named after spanish names and "recto" means rectum in spanish which is also a derivative of the latin language.

7. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I was at symbolic motors and Ferrari of SD today, while at symbolic they were moving some cars and two of them were a gallardo and a 360. Both were revved up as they went into the street. The Gallardo was nice but it didn't hold a candle to the raucous noises that the 360 made. The Ferrari was simply magical, as was the 355 that they moved too. then I went to Ferrari of SD just up the street and he started the Stradale up for us and it was exponentially better than even the 360 was. It sounded very similar to the Enzo.

8. donrecto

donrecto Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    I never contradicted the name 'GALLARDO',your post suggests that a car was expected to come out and to be named gallardo...i never disputed that or said anything that denies it...i simply said that this car due to design faults lack feel,it could have been made to be more interesting IMO!I hate Audi's input to the car!!!!!Contrary to other lambos,all it has going for it is the engine...I don't really hate the care I just wish it wore the audi badge and not the Lamb....and its not Don Recto it Donrecto...and its not latin!!!;)

9. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    I have read that the 06 G is supposed to feel a lot better as Lambo made a number of changes. Can anyone verify this?

10. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Correct.... the 06 as an entirely different car. The suspension and steering have been completely changed... more responsive and lighter. The gearing is shorter, 20 more HP and a new exhaust system.

11. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Now that is how you buy cars.

12. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I never said that Don recto was latin, I said one of the things of what that exact spelling means in spanish a latin derived language. Also recto could sometimes is used to mean "straight" or to mean the right side of a page in an open book, also the front side of a page, there are some other... Moving now to the Gallardo, I said that everyone expected the "Gallardo" because nobody knew what it was going to be named as... In no way did I said that the car was expected to be called that way or that you contradicted the name Gallardo. The Gallardo for me is exactly what this new age Lamborghini should be like and Audi is making all the Lamborghinis better cars. So whatever with your screename is I was only picking on you for fun, I'm not into bashing your thoughts... But at the end is all good, because recto as straight and recto as rectum it all comes down to a straight rectum and thats good news.

13. scuderia 360

scuderia 360 Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    essex
    Full Name:
    paul rivabella
    dead right ,you have the three best cars in production! enjoy..

14. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan

Thank you Pal

15. Haioth

Haioth Rookie

Aug 19, 2006
    Masterlu is that 911 TT GT silver?

16. masterlu