"Vancouver" Todays drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

"Vancouver" Todays drive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ToddB, Aug 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #26 ToddB, Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    We were just doing that drive last weekend, on Saturday the 26th!

Just gorgeous scenery...and one of the nicest drives of my life!

We rented a convertible last weekend and did the 99N up to Whistler (through Squamish) from Vancouver...it was a perfect sunny day. The Sea to Sky highway is just incredible!...I was dying for my own F-car...but had to settle for a 6-cyl mustang conv .Would have loved to have seen your procession of Fcars...but the "best" gathering I saw was of a bunch from a Trans Ams, Camaro, and Fiero group.
    Apparently, we were told the highway was thick with construction congestion that whole week prior...but it was wide open with zero delays when we went up and back.

If I had roads like that in my "backyard"...I'd do that drive at least once a month. Very nice! You guys got yourself one hell of a city!

3. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    If you want, send it to me via email (I'll PM you the address) and I'll touch it up a bit on Photoshop so it turns out better :)

Nice pics btw! Look like lots of fun. I need to move out to BC....

4. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I was up at Cypress on a bike ride sat morn...my friend calls me from Horshoe Bay and tells me there are like 20 Ferraris/Lambos on the road. I tried to make it down to catch them, but missed. Was it the italian car club, or was it you guys?

I was so mad I missed everone! :(

PS- you guys need to post these drives on here so I can come take pics!!! :D

5. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #30 furious_ferrari, Sep 3, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OMG!!! I Got pulled over there on my bike probably 5mins before you guys came by...I missed both you guys and the italian car club!

They had radar set up, 2 friends and I got pulled over for 112 in a 90 zone (lame)...they were really nice and just did a license check on us and we were free to go. Black charger cop car...that was cool!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Hey Phil - sounds like you got off light, they really had the Highway covered. They were also on Taylor Way on the way back, and on exit #2 on the way out along with exit #7 you see pictured. plus the moving patrols. Of course, Labour Day weekend is very high for traffic fatalities so no complaints here - I think the paper listed 9 fatalities last year on this weekend.

PS: Check out post #1 here posted a week ago :) Date/time/place all posted in advance...

Goldy: you got lucky, the road is often a traffic jam like when we did it :(

7. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Ya my bad. I should have checked this section better.

West Van cops are really nice. We have been pulled over by them many times and they are always very nice. They just checked our licenses and warned us that there are a lot of police patrolling this weekend, so we need to slow down. We went very slow on the #1 after that.

Today we went out to Harrison Hot Springs and didnt see 1 police. It was a very fun day!

8. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Tom, thanks for the info!

And do I see nobody in the passenger seat?!

9. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    yeap - all empty, no one asked to come along I guess :)

Todd - thanks for posting only the pics that make my car look almost as clean as all those other concours 348's, yikes! I'm positive I didn't see one bug splat on any of 'em before we started :D

There was a rumour that the #7 spotters picked off one of our Fcars for no-plate and going-too-slow. Likely because he was lost because I gave one of their members conflicting directions, not sure if it's true or not...

10. furious_ferrari

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    When is the next drive/meet? I cant miss another!!!

11. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    More traps, yes. I didn't return with the group but went up to Whister. I was in the Canyon area, double lanes, little traffic, driving my CS as if there was no tomorrow. Over a hill, got pulled over by laser tripod radar. The outcome is not what you might think; I'll explain in person our next outing.

12. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

Paul we will talk soon, I have something in the making, call my cell

13. GRIESDALE

GRIESDALE Karting

Nov 12, 2001
    Lions Bay, B.C. Canada
    Full Name:
    Donald Griesdale
    Great drive Todd. Let's do it again but not on a holiday week-end. You all can stop in at our place in Lions Bay next time for beer and a bathroom break! It was very nice to meet old friends and new ones. Don.

14. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    oooohhhhh i need that 355 gts for someone.

15. Chest Rockwell

Dec 3, 2004
    Vancouver, BC.
    Good Luck with that! He just bought it....

16. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I know of others, call me james

17. Lip Service

Lip Service Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2005
    [​IMG]

Beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing guys.

18. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    The 348 gts styled car (without roof), and the spider together are killer.

19. SteelFlint

SteelFlint Rookie

Aug 17, 2006
    Anyone know of the major F-Car clubs around Vancouver? I'm new to this board... and not familiar with the Italian Car Club (?). About to garage my 348 for the balance of the year, but hopefully there will be a few more decent driving days left... Help appreciated. Thanks.

20. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

Sent you a PM