Acura RDX | FerrariChat

Acura RDX

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by bointc, Aug 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bointc

bointc Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Jersey City, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Anyone drive one? Any opinions? Seems like it would be a nice roomy daily driver, seems a lot cooler than the X3 in my eyes although I have yet to drive one/see one in person...

2. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    I am just waiting for Honda to put that motor into say... S2000 replacement? That motor could do 300HP easy, so light RWD sports car with Turbo motor sounds like fun.

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'd like to see that motor in the Lotus Elise....

4. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    Drove it a little bit the other day - felt extremely planted and you can really feel the effect of the SH-AWD holding the line even as you spool the turbo mid-turn. Handling felt on-par with a good car, although I didn't get a chance to throw it through any tight transitions.

That engine feels well-matched to the vehicle - nothing spectacular.
    I'm not an automatic fan, but the shifting seemed appropriately firm and quick to react to manual over-ride. The car is quiet - you can barely hear the turbo, and the motor just makes typical honda turbine noises.

The interior is pretty roomy with good seats and a DEEP compartment under the center armrest.

Overall, this would be a very compentant all-weather tall wagon that should never get left behind even on dry pavement.

Agreed about this engine needed to be applied to something well south of 2 tons with a proper sporting tranny.