Cost of ownership per mile | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cost of ownership per mile

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tpower22, Aug 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Every chance I get; believe me.

2. Vivid

Vivid Rookie

Aug 23, 2006
    Wow. Not counting insurance but in the last two years, my car has cost me maybe 300 bucks. I dont give my money to Satan (dealership) anymore. I do all my own maintenance. Talk about cost savings...

3. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Rookie

Jul 8, 2004
    Total noob here. I'm starting my research for my first Ferrari and this thread is very interesting. I've been DIY'ing everything except alignments on my Porsches for years. Assuming I can DIY most stuff on a Ferrari, would a 355 or even a 512BB still kill me?

4. speedball

speedball Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Pasadena Area
    Full Name:
    Scot Anderson
    12,000 miles on my Maranello in 3 years ....... total maintenance costs, including belts/service/alarm/misc bits ..... $5,500 .... works out to 45 cents a mile, less gas/insurance/registration.

Perhaps a better measure of cost is the toll it's taken on my life span, what with all the sudden shocks to my system when I've come upon cops at high speed.

5. Gary48

Gary48 Guest

Dec 30, 2003
    I do my own servicing on my 2000 550, gear oil, crankcase oil and other than an emmissions electrical relay problem, I have not had any problems, zero! so other than lubricants, gasoline, alignments and tires there are no other expensives on this car, so I must say that this 550 requires little and gives alot.

6. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #31 robertgarven, Sep 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    $30 k for gt4
    4 sets of wheels
    40$ or was that 60K in **** I didn't need but HAD to have
    ferrari signs
    parts, parts, parts.
    tools, tools, tools
    allen machine, sun machine
    more tools, more parts
    team shirts, key fobs, cuff links, more Ferrari clothes
    more tools, 30 baldwin filters, enzo statue, models, wheels inserts
    more, more, more I need more, got to have it help, help, help
    nuts dont forget the nuts the shiney gold ones
    oil lots of oil and coolant dont forget more parts and brake fluid, need special brake bleeder oh god help

this is not a rational debate, will medication help???

please help someone got to stop! Oh god ebay nooooooooooooooooo

Im better now

what ever it costs its worth it, Paul you have got to start driving at least one of those babies more the hot cam one id think!!!

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    books more books I need books, cavalino, forza, yearbooks, manuals, pouches, tools, more tools. more books, relays, leatherique, did I mention books and wheels??????

8. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    #33 robertgarven, Sep 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    awards got to have awards. I dont care what it cost more more more.
    horses did I mention horses, big ones, small ones, medium size ones, hanging ones, ones for around the neck, pictures, old pictures, new pictures, flags, my god i forgot to mention the flags. When I figure out the $ per mile i will get back to you guys!

:p

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Holy moly Rob thats quite a collection of stuff you have there :eek:

Don't worry help is on its way, I have chartered a removalist truck with 4 blokes to help you unload your stuff off your hands and drop it off at my place :D

10. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Robert One more thing you need to have custom Cue balls for the pool table
    like have .

DM

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I hope I'm figuring this wrong but probably not seeing some of your examples! I have seen this type of thread before but have never added it up and I wish I hadn't now either. Just with ballpark guesses on what I've spent (I'm afraid to sit down with the reciepts and add it up for real!) I figure my 308 has run me about $42/mile. Hasn't helped that it has been in pieces for almost a year. Another 5K miles (what I was averaging/year) would cut that by a third!!

I don't regret a dime of it but let me tell you this..........DON'T BUY A NEEDY FERRARI!!!

The other good news is that it's a 308 and once I get it back together I could sell it for what I paid for it. I think like was mentioned above most of you are figuring this without adding in purchase costs. If I do that and assume that there will be no depreciation it comes down to about $2.25/mile. Not nearly as bad but still higher than some!

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I would imagine anyone who bought a 612 for 325K (when they first came out) would cringe at the thought of answering this thread.

13. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    oh no hnow I need a kimi doll & cue balls! :)

i have been just joking above but my point is if you are a true tiffosi the amount of money you can spend on the car and accessories can get a little out of hand!