Veyron vs Enzo vs Zonda vs Carrera GT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Veyron vs Enzo vs Zonda vs Carrera GT

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by trev0006, Sep 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    OMG the zonda and the cgt sounds very nice

2. Shostakovich33

May 21, 2006
    wow does anyone know if I can purchase this now in the US? really wish it was the zonda F tho :(

3. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I would love to be any of those journalist who got to drive those cars but what a strange feeling it would be to be getting into a Porshe Carrera GT and feel like your getting the worst end of the deal. Not to say that it is a weak car by any means but I would rather drive the other three before the Porshe.

4. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    According to them a few issues back that car nudged out the Zonda and Ferrari F430 as the best overall drivers car, at least in that comparo. From what I've heard it's not the least incredible of the cars, just the most overlooked.

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

I did!.

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002

I do think it's a great car but I'd rather have the Zonda if just for the sound that thing makes.

7. GothamDreamBoards

Aug 27, 2006
    La Svezia
    Full Name:
    Christian Ferm
    The Zonda is owned by Harry Metcalfe who works at evo. So the 7.3 was easier to get hold of for a test than an F, or F CS for that matter.

And the F CS sounds more glorious than anything else on the planet!

8. 9779

9779 Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Norman, Ok
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Does a subscription to EVO really cost 78 pounds for a year? Isn't that like 140.00? Anyone know where I can get the subscription any cheaper?

9. donrecto

donrecto Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    I mean was it just me or did the Enzo have a hard time keeping up with CGT????I thought the Enzo was better in straight line acceleration,correct me if i'm wrong...(lie if you have too) ;)

10. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    The enzo is actually faster in the straight line then the Carrera GT, aswell as top speed. But you have to keep in mind that its not only the car which has to do its job, its the driver aswell.

11. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Yes, it does. And no, you can't. Just wait a month and buy it at Barnes and Noble for 11 bucks. It's cheaper to buy it a month late than to subsribe.

12. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    No i couldnt imagine it at all. Well im not 14 but still :D I wouldnt even know what to do with myself i would just sit there and not believe what i just saw lol.

13. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Are you sure it was the enzo? If you look in the mirror it loks silver doesnt it? Maybe its because my computer screen is messed up ahah.

14. HoboPie

HoboPie Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    The car is definitely red, but it doesn't mean much. For all we know the Ferrari driver was in 4th or 5th when he should have been in 3rd(pure example)

Nothing since the cars were unveiled several years ago has indicated the CGT was quicker than the Enzo in a straightline anywhere in the speed range.

15. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    That was most defintely an unscientific race to say the least. Two guys rolling up, playing around, nailing the throttle at different times. The Enzo has already been proven faster in official tests. But it's not faster to the point where you can be caught napping or against a better driver and still have the advantage.

16. Ulmis

Ulmis Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2005
    That Zonda S ain`t quite stock, it has 600Hp.

And it`s funny how everybody speaks about Enzo acc when there are some interesting facts in that article.

For example, when it comes to twisty mountain roads , they were thinking that the Enzo was the only one that could keep up with the Bugatti, they don`t even talk about the other 2 cars.

17. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    The Zonda S makes 550 hp stock ;)

18. Evan.Fiorentino

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Oh it looked silver on my screen. But the CGT does make its peak power at 8600 RPM so that could have to do a lot with a rolling start. Not that he would start at 8600 RPM but it makes its power at higher RPMs than the Enzo if im not mistaken..