Alonso slams Schumacher | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonso slams Schumacher

Discussion in 'F1' started by jknight, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    He didn't say anything wrong as far as i'm concerned too. He's stating how he feels. There is no reason to call him names, most people here would sell thier souls to the devil to be him for a single day.

2. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Forget the day, I would love to be him at night with all the senioritas.

3. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    That makes two of us. Partying in Ibiza, holy crap i'd need ointment after that night...............:)

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #29 RP, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ointment? Too much information!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Well see what he(Fa) says when MS takes his 8th WDC.. ahahahahaha

6. steve79

steve79 Karting

Dec 26, 2005
    Luxembourg
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Alonso always talks sh**t, when he's under pressure and on the way to loose. He's by far not so a great talent like Kimi, i think.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Actually when has FA been under pressure? He is entitled to his opinions, but in this case, IMHO he should have kept it to himself. The one who broke under pressure last season was more Kimi than Alonso, once the WC was his he drove like a demon and made sure Renault won the last race from McLaren and helped give them the Constructors Trophy.

I think Kimi is excellent and happy to see him at Ferrari, but Alonso is a great talent as well, in this case, I think he would have shown more dignity and class by keeping his mouth closed about MS.

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Thanks for making my job easier...

A few more idiotic comments like that and you will have no credibility left!

People are finally starting to realize that Alonso is
    a farce champion
    that won a farce championship
    in a year full of farce races!

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Lol.

Hi, i'm Fernando, shall we shag now or shag later?

:)

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    And that directly relates to Alonso's penalty how?

All the mud slinging in the world is nothing more than a smokescreen. If Alonso has a complaint about that penalty, it should be directed at the stewards who made the call.

Heck, it was a weird call. (Made under weird rules.) But no matter what you think of Schumi, it's not like he was slipping the stewards a fiver to make it. You'd be closer blaming Massa for filing the complaint in the first place, but it'd still be off the mark, because the decision rested with the stewards. Or you could blame Coulthard for filing that kind of complaint at half the early races this year. ;)

But it was the stewards who made the call. Not Schumi, not Massa, not DC, not the Pope, ... :p

This does echo some of the earlier complaints about the inconsistencies with local stewards. Trying to splash the mud further doesn't really help fix the problems. It just sullies F1 in general without making it better.

11. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

People are tired of MS and Ferrari having things thier own way. All of the inconsistent rules, stupid penalties and whatnot, has gotten to Alonso and he lashed out. The stewards may have made the call but everyone has thier suspicions as to why they are making potentically championship altering desicions, when they should stay the hell out of it. Fernando has his own opinion and he has stated it. FA was no where near blocking Massa, if it had been any other driver, one, there would have been no complaint, two if there was, it would have been denied. But because it's Alonso it's a huge to do. I'm sure Alonso feels that he's not only fighting MS but the FIA as well. The FIA is no better than NASCAR at fixing results but at least NASCAR is better at not being so obvious about it

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    or SCCA or NRHA or NASA or ...

Once you start setting rules, it can impact the championship.

When you start imposing an excessive amount of rules, the championship gets flanged around at the end of a long rope. Enforcement becomes inconsistent, and it's always going to appear biased -- and will be, whether intentionally or not.

Remember when everyone said that the 2005 tire rules were just to keep Ferrari from winning again?

13. twk63

twk63 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2005
    careful, bro. You are bordering on sacrilege. This is Ferrari Chat, if you are even remotely critical of MS, Massa or Ferrari, they'll rake you over the coals...

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I still don't understand this agrument. How can one predict that the rules set BEFORE the season started would hurt Ferrari? People starting screaming the rules were done to hurt Ferrari, but only once the season was underway. There is not a single agrument that supports how the rules were made to hurt Ferrari imo.

Now we're talking about rules being changed DURING the season and it is making a noticeable and immediate difference. Being moved down the grid, removing dampers, flexing wings, etc.

15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, what do you expect? Alonso is Latin and latin people are usually volatile, aren't they?

What you have to do when you read or hear controversial statements from a competitor against another, or against an organisation, is to question the way they were obtained.

I have seen it time and time again: interviewers or commentators asking the same question again and again about one incident to one of the parties, until he lashes out and start a tirade, which will be quoted word for word, if not embellished for the papers the next day.

Basically, and I blame the media for this, they goad you and put you under pressure until you over-react. It's a favourite game for political interviewers as well. They push you relentlessly to make a statement. Then, they will interpret it, edit it and publish the 'juicy bits'. Before you know, you are crucified.

Don't fall for that one guys! The 'he said', but 'you said', or 'didn't so and so did that to you', etc... crap.

The media may have a hard time to obtain controversial statements from Kimi!

16. superbimmer

superbimmer Karting

Jan 12, 2003
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Listen ... as long as we're comparing penalties, how about THE penalty in Monaco? Sending MS to last starting spot, for his "stunt" (if it was one) ... was far more severe than FA's losing his three best times at Monza. MS's penalty seemed rather Draconian, IMHO. If FIA was trying to give the title to MS, why would they have orchestrated that?? Even if he did intentionally interfer with FA in Monaco, he didn't totally block him, or run him off the road. The stewards could have sent him back 10 whole spots ... still a big penalty. As it was, He ended up in 5th position ... think how many points he would have had, IF he had started from 10th, rather than last? FA should be glad they dealt so strictly with MS. Favortism towards Renault? (or, at least, against Ferrari?)

17. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    It's one thing to change rules from before the season starts to keep a team from dominating, if that was even the case in 05. It's another to have inconsistant rules, stupid penalties and banning things that were being used from the year before and considered legal to make a championship closer once the season has started. Rememeber, the rules were set in 05 before the season. Ferrari had the same amount months of testing to get the package right as everyone else but didn't get it right. It was thier own fault they didn't get enough data due to the exclusive tire deal they had. Everyone keeps harping about 05, but those rules were set at the start of the year. The FIA didn't let the season start, let Ferrari win a few races, then change the rules which is what it seems to be doing to Renault this year.

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    This was at the start of the season for one and secondly it was so blatant it couldn't be overlooked. FA was not close enough to Massa to be blocking him, so in reality did nothing wrong. There shouldn't have been any penalty in the first place

19. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Can anyone verify that the videos we have watched on our monitors is exactly the same video that the stewards in Monaco used to make their Alonso/Massa decision?

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Personally I can't see if the rules try to favor one driver or the other. I can say that FIA is more pro-Ferrari or more pro-Renault. I just find the application of these rules inconsistent and unfair. Everyone makes 'mistakes' at time, but I can't see the point of starting a FIA witch-hunt about it, analysing telemetry, checking data-logging, questionning drivers, managers, then stewards deciding penalties, etc... and spoiling the race to come.

Give the guy a huge fine if you want, but please, don't punish the spectators who have pay to watch a good race by sending a 'guilty' driver at the back of the grid.

But my biggest grippe (now I am on my soapbox!), is that those who create incident DURING the race, notably during the first lap, and send other competitors out of contention, NEVER get punished!! For me, that's more important than trivia during qualif.

21. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Regarding the picture in post #17--

Not sure what the picture is supposed to indicate...

Is he pushing traction control buttons? This would be a huge violation this season..

Greg

22. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    That his front tires were outside of the grid box. Pretty much getting a short headstart.

23. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Monaco or Monza?

24. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

my girlfriend who has no interest in formula 1 had an interesting analagy. she walked in during one of the press confernces televised on speed tv and looked at alonso with his light blue racing suit and matching cap and took one look at his eyebrows and in a low grumbling voice said "COOKIE"

has anyone ever seen fernando alonso and sesamee streets "cookie monster" in the same place at the same time? hmmmmmm

cheers!

joseph

25. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    Separted at birth? lol