Parking In Newport, RI | FerrariChat

Parking In Newport, RI

Discussion in 'New England' started by abarthracer, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    I am going to Newport on Sat the 16th, staying at the Jailhouse Inn. I want to take the 355, but am concerned about parking in town, especially for overnight. The Inn says they have a parking lot, but can't/won't guarantee anything. We will be going to the Westdeck for dinner and am pretty sure they have valet there. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003

Ferris Bueller

3. PConnell

PConnell Rookie

Oct 3, 2005
    Boca Raton, Fla
    Full Name:
    Peter Connell
    Also ... this weekend is the Newport Boat Show so parking is always very hard to come by around the water ...

4. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    I do not know where the Jailhouse Inn is located, but I just ran the FCA/NER Newport weekend event and can assure you the major hotels WILL keep an eye on your car for you. Might be worth parking in one of their lots if they have room and give them a slip them a "tip".

5. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I'm in Newport everyday and I can tell you that parking will be tough with the boat show being this weekend. The Jailhouse Inn has a very small lot. You may want to check with the Marriott to see if you can park your car there. It is only two blocks away and is enclosed. Perhaps somebody there can keep an eye on it for you as well.

6. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Right across from the West Deck is a large lot where you can park the car yourself. It is usually pretty empty near the back of the lot.