Fighter Jets over UVA at 3:30pm | FerrariChat

Fighter Jets over UVA at 3:30pm

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Hessian, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    I was walking back to lab from the bank when three jets in tight formation (F-16s??) buzzed over the campus at apx 300ft(? I'm not a pilot; just a guess, but it was very low). Anyone know what's up?

2. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    We sent them from Blacksburg to make them ruin their dress pants.

3. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    Four F-16s flew over Richmond for the NASCAR race on Sat. They may have been practicing for a fly over event.

Yes I was there, and yes it was fun. I admit it.

I have never even watched NASCAR on TV, but it was a blast to go into the Pits and meet the drivers, etc. The crowd was also a blast.

John

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm in Lawrenceville, NJ (Between Trenton and Princeton) and i'm pretty sure i saw an Apache fly over yesterday. It was definately millitary and i'm 99% sure it was an Apache

5. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    That is possible, but I can't envision an event here that would warrant it; the home season opener football game was last weekend (and jets for a UVA game seems a bit grand). I don't know of any air base closer than Langley or Andrews.

6. Hessian

Hessian Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan S.
    This is totally off the subject, but is Colonial Lanes on Rt. 1 still open?