Today I was given my sentence for 115 in a 55 on a suspended license | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Today I was given my sentence for 115 in a 55 on a suspended license

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nick85, Sep 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. my_adidas

my_adidas Karting
    BANNED

Jun 22, 2005
    You need to do time for driving like that with a suspended license. I hope you learn something from this experience.
    Quit screwing it up for the rest of us.

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    This country is constantly being dumbed down. Be an average idiot and everything will be just fine.

3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    ^^This is why you should be chemically sterilized, put in a beige jump suit, head shaved and be given gruel to eat for the rest of your life. It seems harsh but it matches your ideology and will be the safest thing for you. ;)

4. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    It's not a matter of guts; it's a matter of safety, common sense and responsibility.

You keep repeating the fact that you drive at 300 km/hr over and over (in this thread and other threads as well) as if this is something one should be proud of.

If I was doing that, I would keep quiet about it and be embarrassed if anyone found out because it is immoral.

You are endangering the lives of innocent people and breaking the law. Anyone with a basic sense of right and wrong would be ashamed of themselves.

I know that living in Egypt, after a while, people start losing the sense of right and wrong. Regrettably, it was also beginning to happen to me when I was living there. One starts breaking the law on a daily basis (from driving, to trying to get your traffic tickets erased, to avoiding paying taxes or customs duty on imported cars, to using unlicensed software or copying music illegally, etc.)

In another thread, you said that you have found a way to avoid paying the 300% custom duty on your F430: Case in point.

But please try to understand that you are on a global forum, where the majority of people would say that a person driving at 300 km/hr on a public road (or evading taxes) deserves jail time and to have their license revoked for good.

5. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    You neglect to factor in that in certain cultures in the middle east, the above are considered to be good qualities in a person. Only to western minds do we find the above to be "wrong". Not saying I agree, but that is just the reality of it. Being sneaky and dishonest are taught to youngsters as ways to get ahead, not shunned like here.

6. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    You deserved the maximum sentence. Next time, if you haven't learned your lesson, you will surely get it. It is driving like your that gives Ferrari and other high performance car owners a bad reputation.

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Last night a driver lost his life when he crashed into a tree. The news reports stated witnesses said another car was racing him.

This was Fairfax, Va. as I recall...... so be assured the police will be even more watchful.

8. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I am irresponsible with no common sense but that is my business not yours. Sue me and you'd better stay out of Egypt because most people living in Egypt are all irresponsible.

Nobody is evading taxes here, for your information foreigners living in Egypt and investing in Egypt are entitled to tax free cars, wise guy. Would you like me to quote the applicable law for you.
    Did I ever tell you I am a foreigner, guess not, oh, my name doesn't imply.

9. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw

Hey, everybody lay off the new guy. I like his avatar too much!!

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Unless of course you happen to crash into him..........I think the point is by all means kill yourself that after all is your descision and your alone, just don't kill anybody else in the process :)

11. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Thanks for the support :), don't worry, I can shoot too :)
    This guy, Omar needs to get laid, then he will cool off.

12. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    That is why they build these cars out of fiberglass and aluminium, no hard metal. Only joking!!

13. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I don't agree that speeding is endangering lives.. most deadly accidents happen within the speed limit..

give you an example.. it was 6 am, there were NO cars on the highway, and I was doing 110 on a 4 lane highway by myself.. I don't perceive that as dangerous at all.. If anyone here does that is their concern..

Now 180mph.. possibly a little dangerous.. hehe

14. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    I would try to avoid paying 300% tax too. Most would end up in corrupt officials pocket anyway.

However, personally I would not speed in Egypt. It would be the other drivers I would be worried about.

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Let's see:
    1. The current conditions, such as road type, location, traffic density are important confounding issues in assessing risk. (back country road v congested suburban roa with blind entrances and exits, wide open prairie highway)
    2. The type of vehicle is extremely important in calculating the possible danger. (Ferrari vs F350 dualie)
    3. The skill level of the driver is essential (schumaher vs half-wit uncoordinated person)
    4. Given same skill level the attention that person is paying to driving at that moment is a huge factor. (schumacher on alcohol, chatting on phone)

There are a host of other factors no doubt.

Soooo......if one considers these things then how can anyone assume speed is a linear correlate to danger?

16. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Privet:)

A man who knows how the world ticks.

Therefore drive when other drivers are still asleep!! That is the way to avoid them.

17. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Nope think the "insults" were dead on. What I can't understand is why anybody with your philosophy has even wondered into this website. This is FerrariChat isn't it?

18. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Long time resident of Fairfax County. This is possibly one of the worst Counties in VA, and certainly one of the worst in the DC Metro Region. I've posted on this subject before and can confirm that this is sentence is "sweetheart" of a deal.

First, reckless driving is a 6-point offense in VA. Second, it's punishable by up to 1 year in prison and a substantial fine. Third, in Fairfax, ANYTHING over 90mph (in any zone) is jail time. This is an unwritten and unspoken rule among the judges, who in my opinion, are totally out of touch with reality. You will have a misdemeanor conviction, but it is not considered a crime of "moral turpitude", so you won't lose your right to bear arms or vote (Oh, gee, thanks). However, if you ever so much as go in front of another prosecutor in VA, they will not agree to a plea deal with you. This is a direct result of your "past history". It makes me wonder why we "pay our debt" to society.

While not admitted to the VA bar, I am a lawyer and cannot stand the hypocrisy here. While driving fast can most certainly land someone in jail, your first dui conviction carries no jail time. So, in the eyes of the judge, it's better to have a few drinks and drive than it is to drive fast.

Also, in VA, you get credit of two days for each day served. In other words, the driver who was sentenced to 6 months, will be released in 3 months. Strange system, IMO.

Frankly, VA is so far off base, I am in the process of seeking employment elsewhere. The taxes are very high (just got a nearly $3K property tax bill for my daily driver), the roads are terribly congested and the Courts and legal system are a total disaster. Where do we even begin to fix it? At the polls in October? Ha!

CW

19. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    Yeah I know, I own them. Lambo's too. That doesn't mean we all think alike, or that you can lable someone a raging liberal, which is only rivaled by a raging conservative which is equally nauseating.

Besides, what would you know about speeding a 308GTSI is one of the slowest Ferraris every produced, and could be stomped by a Camry.

20. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Driving with suspended license you should be in jail. Does anyone have any respect for the law?

21. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    depends on who writes the law

22. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    In FFX county, most witnesses will report a car as "racing" if it's moving faster than the pedestrians.

I wonder if this relates to the troubles I've been having finding a good coffee maker (or even good coffee) in the stores around here. These people need way more caffene!! ;)

23. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I was once caught doing a sprint in my Gallardo, I went to 110mph in a 35mph zone, but because the Orange County police didn't clocked my speed all we did was talk about the car then they told me to go speed on the highway instead. They were young cops and liked the car plus I'm a down to earth guy.

24. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "While not admitted to the VA bar, I am a lawyer and cannot stand the hypocrisy here. While driving fast can most certainly land someone in jail, your first dui conviction carries no jail time. So, in the eyes of the judge, it's better to have a few drinks and drive than it is to drive fast."

Perhaps we should celebrate Fairfax County's legal system by staging a "perfect compliance" parade of exotics. I'd imagine they'd love to see our cars moving about the County at ... exactly the posted speed limit.

25. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Will,

I suggest we have a round before our "parade lap" of Fairfax? It would be less punishment if and when we're caught. So, who's buying?

CW