Republican Re Election Bumper Stickers | FerrariChat

Republican Re Election Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by writerguy, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    not to start a political debate AGAIN but

Republican '04 Bumper Stickers

Bush/Cheney '04:* Four More Wars!
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Assimilate. Resistance is Futile.
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Apocalypse Now!
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Because the truth just isn't good enough.
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Compassionate Colonialism
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Leave no billionaire behind

Bush/Cheney '04:* Over a billion Whoppers served.
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Putting the "con" in conservatism
    Bush/Cheney '04:* Thanks for not paying attention.
    Bush/Cheney '04:* The last vote you'll ever have to cast.
    Bush/Cheney '04:* This time, elect us!
    Bush/Cheney '04:* We're Gooder!
    Bush/Cheney '04: "Leave no child a dime!"
    George W. Bush: A brainwave away from the presidency
    George W. Bush: It takes a village idiot
    God Save the King!
    Don't think. Vote Bush!
    Let them eat yellowcake! Vote Bush!
    BU_ _ SH_ _!
    Peace & Prosperity Suck -- Big-Time
    Who would Jesus Bomb?
    Vote Bush in '04:* "I Has Incumbentory Advantitude"
    Vote Bush in '04:* "Because every vote counts -- for me!"
    Vote Bush in '04:* Because dictatorship is easier
    Vote Bush in '04:* It's a no-brainer

2. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I would elimanite those because those were Al Gore's slogans and look where it got him.

I am still laughing... and I am Republican.

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Vote Bush in '04:* "I Has Incumbentory Advantitude"

is my fav

4. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I saw one recently that said: "BUSH/CHANEY '04- America's Second Choice".

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    please sign me up. I'll take two. =D

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    If I was Kerry, my slogan would be "LICK BUSH IN 04"

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    How about "LICK BUSH, BEAT DICK" :)

-R

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Now that is funny!

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i guess its all in jest, but i'm losing my sense of humor.

i still can't understand the logic of the left/dems.

if you believe bush lied to you about wmd, then you have to believe that clinton and every other world leader for the last 8 years has been lying about the same thing - possible i guess but unlikely.
    then if you still believe bush lied, then he is evidently a completely devious and ruthless individual right? well then if he is so horrible why didn't he just plant some wmd evidence to be 'found', or why didn't he suppress the kay report? either he is evil or he's not. make your minds up.

then of course, don't spend any time thinking about whether we or iraq is better off now that saddam is gone; might be too difficult to think about or research.

then if your answer to the first question is that he is too stupid to have thought about planting evidence, that also doesn't make any sense since most people who are devious,ruthless,cunning by nature have to be pretty intelligent.
    or if you maintain that he still is stupid, then how did he get in and graduate from harvard business school?
    yes, there were/are ways to get into undergrad, even the ivies, if you come from a wealthy family and have influence (just ask kerry), but there is no way that you get into hbs, and then subsequently graduate, if you can't cut it. no way no how. and if you don't believe that then why did you, or your kids, dream of getting into the ivies if its all such a sham?

if you have issues with the policies and proposals that have come from the whitehouse, fine. voice your opinions and differences, after all that is the way we move the system forward. but stop with the other bs.

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Those are ALL hilarious...! LMAO...!!!

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I don't think many people are saying GW lied about WMD. Only that he acted rashly on sketchy evidence. I think it's funny that people always say "Clinton and every other world leader thought he had WMD too!" Yes of course they did, BUT... did they blow the crap out of the country based on that? No. Why? Because they didn't feel the evidence was strong enough.

One of the core mantras of the scientific method is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"... If you're going to go to war based on some claim, you better be DAMN sure your evidence is correct. Because the evidence wasn't correct, GW comes off looking like a trigger happy shoot-now-ask-questions-later president. I think one of the most problematic issues is from Powell's speech at the UN. He put up satellite photos of industrial complexes with maybe 7 or 8 buildings circled. He said "These ARE chemical weapons plants. We KNOW they are..." I'm sure those buildings were some of the first ones checked after the war, but of course nothing was found. The administration made direct and testable claims that proved to be false. This doesn't mean they lied about it, only that they were wrong. When your mistake results in the deaths of thousands of people, I'd say that's something to reflect on...

-R

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Me neither.

13. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    May not but at least you are able to figure out WHAT they are saying.....

14. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    How about this one for both reps and dems. "Elect us and we'll spend your money for you so you don't have too!" Or how about this. "Elect us and we'll show you what is best for you!" This debate over Republicans and Democrats is like debating which apple is better granny smith or fuji. The fact is they are both apples and aren't really all that different. They will both take our money and tell us how we should live our lives! I don't think it will matter who gets in unless it is the Libertarians!

15. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Well, here in DC, Lyndon LaRouche is on the radio every day saying the only two real candidates for the Dems are him and Kerry. Now with Nader it'll be a close threesome....
    :)

16. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    robin, you make a valid point, and i have often thought that gwb ought to go on the record saying that there was obviously something wrong with the intelligence that we were all working with, but at the time it seemed like an imminent disaster would occurr and we took this action.....
    an admission of fault can be forgiven in these circumstances, but the admission must be made in the first place.
    on the other hand, i think he is trying to shield tennet (wish he wouldn't) in some way, since getting viable intel back there is actually very hard.

as for those who don't think there is a difference between dems and reps, think about your taxes.

17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't you just hate it when an innocent little post with a sense of humor becomes a diatribe full of political bickering.

Can't we ever just enjoy the humor, or at least ignore it if we don't?

I don't think writerguy posted this to cause another Democrats/Republicans, Liberals/Conservatives squabble.

OR DID YOU WRITERGUY?

18. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Don't you just hate it when people complain about other people posting "diatribe full of political bickering" in off topic....

Can't we ever just enjoy, or at least ignore it if we don't?

19. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oh oppie, are you chasing me from discussion to discussion?

20. ART360

ART360 Guest

Take a long and hard look at the book on Paul O'Neil. The insight into Iraq is astounding. Bottom line: If Bush didn't lie, then a lot of other people in our government did. O'Neil indicates that they didn't have the knowledge to make those statements.

However, we've all forgotten one item: how many people did we kill? Our government refuses to provide this number, but there are other sources. The best estimate is a minimum of 10k, probably as many as 20k. That's a whole bunch of dead people, and when you read the reasons they did it (again the O'Neil book), you just might think it that its time for a regime change here.

Art

21. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Nah, according to forum etiquite it takes five threads to be a chaser and ten to be a stalker.

I do enjoy reading your "drivel"(your word, not mine) in that last thread. Keep it up. We need people with strong convictions to keep things interesting around here.

Keep on postin'

22. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Honestly I just put it here for a chuckle and even said I didn't want to start anything... Karvemore and Nibblesworth can go at each other all day... hey where is Capital R Redneck Nibbs anyway.....?

23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ditto.

Nothing like a fair exchange based on solid thinking to keep it interesting. See you in the next one.

24. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago

Well said, you saved me a lot of typing.

Now a question for liberals: If war was a bad idea, should we let Saddam go? hahahahahahahah!!!!

25. ART360

ART360 Guest

The war was a bad deal for a whole bunch of reasons:

1. We may have thought we had the proof but we didn't As to whether we did or did not have the facts, read Suskin's book on Paul O'Neil. It's clear from reading O'Neil's thoughts that Bush puffed up the info because of a pre-existing agenda.

2. We went to war without assistance from any substantive allies, except for Britian and Italy. We alienated the bulk of Europe, and as you can see from the Dollar's decline, they starting taking their money out of the US. The bill for that little issue hasn't been presented yet, but it will, sooner or later.

3. We killed 10 - 20k Iraqis, split equally between civilians and military (remember they had a draft, so we're talking about citizen soldiers). How long the anger at us for doing that will last, who knows. The moral implications of killing that many human beings is something that the Christian Right who supported this war need to consider. Thousands dead for what apparently was a mistaken perception could be considered murder. I've yet to hear a word of remorse for those who lost their lives in this case. Don't tell me that because Saddam killed thousand that we're excused. That's the old thought about if your friend jumped off the bridge would you? In this instance, those people didn't have to die. Remember that those who Saddam killed were revolting against his rule at the conclusion of the 1st Gulf War, and did so because we encouraged them to do so. Take a look at US history, look at what Grant did to the South during our Civil War: killed civilians, burned crops, destroyed houses, tortured people to get information. A general rule: a government will do what is necessary to survive, including but not limited to literally all violations of human rights. That doesn't excuse Saddam, but it sure explains it, and interesting enough, up to this war, the parties that got hurt, blamed us, for not supporting them. Oh: one last thing on this point: our allies, the Turks, have killed twice as many people as Saddam in the last 20 years over the same issue: no home state for the Kurds. I've heard no compaints about that behavior,

4. There was no reason to go to war at that time. Everyone urged restraint, but we refused to be delayed. Had we waited for a consensus, we'd have either drawn the balance of the world into the fray on our side, or been disuaded from taking the action.
    5. Now that we're there, we don't have any choice but to attempt to complete the task of making sure that the Iraqis end up with some sort of representative government. The problem with that is that 60% of the population are Shiites, and they want a form of government that we do not, the Kurds, despite their promises to the contrary, want their own country, and neither we, nor Turkey, Syria or Iran will allow the Kurds to have their own country, especially one that is oil rich, and could provide assistance to the Kurds in those countries. I'm reminded of a quote from Saddam to Clinton: If you depose me, and you want Iraq to remain one country, you'll have to find someone just like me to rule. This country as assembled from parts that don't fit together by the Brits in the 40s. If the people there don't want to live together, and their neighbors don't want them seperate, that is a prescription for endless war. We've now become a player, and despite the attempt to dissengage, there is no forseeable way we can disengage without setting off a major conflict in that area. Wolfowitz, et al, didn't have a clue about the reality on the ground, and we're just now seeing the results of their inability to get past their ideology by looking at the facts.

6. As to the comments that the conservatives can't see the other side, I find that either disengenous, or indicate of cognitive deficit. While I don't agree with the conservatives, I do see where they are coming from, I just don't agree with how they got there, or why they got there. I don't attribute their errors to any evil motives however.

Art