VH1 Enzo...irritating | Page 2 | FerrariChat

VH1 Enzo...irritating

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ferrari_lvr, Sep 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Can anybody provide the exact name of the show. Saw the ad but forgot to record it. Would like to Tivo it if there is a replay.

2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

"Curse of the Lottery" or something like that.

RMX

3. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

But look at the few they profiled versus the many who have gotten money. One couple actually got married to save 7million in taxes (lol) and seemed down to earth. The cars and the garage in question were (to me) just something to show when they narrated the 'he bought a Ferrari, Bentley, etc.'. I actually believe he had a red 360 Spyder. He was on another show a few years back and it struck me as odd how he had to give a price with the things he was showing.

On another note, if you win it, why not buy an exotic (if you won enough).

4. rareguitar

rareguitar Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Brad King
    #29 rareguitar, Sep 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I understand wanting to by a $200K+ Fountain. Very fun boat! ;-)

Brad
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Is that a 42 ft poker run fountain? When I get older I want a 42 ft lightning or a 38 fever.
    Erik

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Don't even get me started on how much I hate rappers...

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Don't like gold teeth and proof that money doesn't buy you good taste? :D

8. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    lol, I just remembered a MTV Cribs episode where some rapper was talking about his stock 360 Modena that cost him $350,000.... I still haven't decided whether he was just exaggerating a lot or if some salesmen just ripped off his dumba$$... which makes me wonder how often exotic dealerships get lower class people coming who have suddenly come across a huge amount of money (inheritance, sports contract, lotto, ect.) wanting a car and have no intention of haggling over the price... lol,

"How much for that there red one with the shiny wheels?"
    "Good choice sir, thats the, err "special edition one"... how much do you have to spend" :)

9. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    For some reason, I've heard that many of the rappers (with the excpetion of the "big guns") struggle financially due to agents/managers, promotion, spending, ect. Not sure if that's true or not.

10. The K Reloaded

The K Reloaded Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It's not just true for rappers it's true for most artist. For instance, many assumed Matt Damon and Ben Affleck became wealthy with the success of Good Will Hunting. Prior to that movie Matt barely ever had two nickles to rub together. Good Will Hunting did well for Miramax/Weinsteins. Matt and Ben bought matching Grand Cherokees and were promptly near broke again. What that movie got them was their careers and eventually they started to make a decent sum of money, not just the producers, agents and managers.

11. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

It's rough for everyone, not just rappers. Unless your on the top, you're probably struggling some where. People live a lie though, and appear rich, but are far from it. It's a shame actually. I'm probably getting out of this business soon. It's taking a big **** on itself.

About the original post, was this the trucker that hit the 200 million? I heard the owner of a strip joint tried to rob him..haha.

12. justmark

justmark Rookie

Aug 4, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Mark
    After the house went to auction I would think the cars would be auctioned next. Firesale on the Enzo?

His lotto winnings were from a $200M jackpot but it was split 4 ways if I remember correctly.

The strip club incident was the West Virginia man who won $315M (largest single winner in history) and he left something like half a million in cash in has car. His grand daughter later died of an overdose as well.

13. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    E! has a Lottery story on right now, THS.

14. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
  15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    ROFL! "Fiat sponsorship", I'll have to remember that. :D

16. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    It's really sad. He served time for robbery, then went back to jail 4-5 times for parole violation. Was dead broke and hit the lottery.

He seemed to have turned his life back around and gave back to the community after he won.

He did have a Lambo/360 spider/vintage rolls. The Enzo was purchased about a year later.

Got caught up in blow/crack.

The PB house was valued at 1.4M I think, it was foreclosed for non-payment of association dues of around 5K. Someone picked up the house for 400K at auction.

17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Money won't buy you intelligence, wisdom, judgement, class, style, or anything else - except stuff.

18. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Tru, but I also live with a guy who has a E36 M3 that never gets washed, cleaned, etc., and who had to ask me what kind of oil to put in it. I will admit to jealousy, yes, but people like me who don't have the money to buy/maintain a car like an M3 or a 430 get a little upset when people who can do the buying part but not the maintaining part. To us, it's like they have no appreciation for something that half of the world would kill to own. Kind of like a punch in the groin, if you ask me.

19. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Those are made in my city. I see fountain powerboats all the time, many people own them too...we have a powerboat race here every year, right through our river...its pretty cool, and you can hear them for miles. Everyone always see's the Fountain Company Vehicle, a 05 Denali. It has FOUNTAIN written in big letters on the side LMAO.....the owner is a jerk as I have heard :)

20. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    People like you? All people who can't afford an M3 or F430 don't get upset at people who can.

Get over it ... jealousy is not healthy, no matter how you want to justify it

G

21. Snapper323

Snapper323 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2005
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    L. Lee
    He took a briefcase with about 100 grand into a strip joint, and the owners recognized him and slipped a drug into his drink, he passes out and when he woke up the briefcase was gone. I don't think any arrests where made in the case nor was his money recovered. Easy come, easy go.

22. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I was sorta watching the show, but on the phone so I didn't hear everything. They showed the briefcase full of money outside in the woods, and a girl being arrested, as did the club owner. I don't know who the girl was...didn't hear that part.

One guys daughter was killed! How horrible.

23. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I saw that part, said he was a heavy gambler and had $550k in cash on him at times:eek:

He has had a ton of health problems since his win too....When I hit a huge jackpot I am going to claim it with a blind trust, maybe splurge and buy everyone here a membership to celebrate:D:D:D:D

24. rareguitar

rareguitar Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Brad King
    +1

Brad