Ultimate Fighting NASCAR | FerrariChat

Ultimate Fighting NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by MJDrive, Sep 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MJDrive

MJDrive Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Ryan Johnson
  2. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Oooh. Some day, when I'm rich enough, I want to move to "Glass City". Sounds fancy. Much better than "Food City".

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    This is really stupid. First this was not a NEXTEL Cup event, just some local speedway. Second, this sort of looked like the brawls we have witnessed in the last year in road racing. This is not what NASCAR or any motor sport is about.

So what was your point, if any?

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    To be technical, this is an ARCA event, not NASCAR

7. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    what would have been really cool is if that ***** broke both of his legs pulling that trick.

8. maxximus

maxximus Rookie

Oct 5, 2005
  9. MJDrive

MJDrive Karting

Mar 26, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael Ryan Johnson
    Lighten up, just having some fun.

If they had brawls like this in nascar I might not fall asleep during the races.

10. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yep - folks stereotyping........

Well, I suppose Piquet should have been banned for life after taking a leg-swing at Eliseo Salazar when Eliseo punted him in the German Grand Prix circa 1983 was it ?

11. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    I think we should all just have a good laugh and enjoy this great celebration of American redneck-ness (I say that because I'm from Tennessee). I don't care who did what at whichever grand prix or LeMans--this is hilarious. Drop kicking someone through a windshield? That's amazing. Now, he shouldn't have done it, but...oh, well. In two weeks everyone will forget about it and he'll be out a couple grand.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You have a strong point there, Whisky!!

Well, in theory yes, I have to say. Piquet's outburst was one of the first one I saw on TV, of drivers having a fight after a 'track misunderstanding'. I can't recall if FIA took action then.

Since there have been many at the top echelons of motorsport (F1 -Senna-Mansell, Champcar, NASCAR, etc...) and nothing, it seems, is done about it by the authorities.

That's one area where I would have like FIA and others to be more proactive and put clearly in their rules the threat of disciplinary actions for physical assaults, starting with a year ban, and ultimately life ban. It's strange that you can get disciplined if you criticise the ruling body (Briatore v FIA), but not commiting an assault on one of your competitors.

13. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Where's JC France?

Where's Captain Quebec?

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Maybe you are new to this, it just been dicsussed so many times, this NASCAR stereoptype is becoming very tiresome.

There are some of us that appreciate all forms of motorsports, and that do not try to compare to such different programs such as F1 and NASCAR. I happen to like them both, and have for 25 years. So when you sterotype, you tend to offend those that do enjoy left turns as well as right turns.

15. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    A.J. Foyt punched Luyendyk (sp) in victory circle at the Indy 500. How about the first ever televised Daytona 500 with Pearson and Yarbough duking it out.

Lighten up. Just no hitting on the girls.

16. modena1xxx

modena1xxx Rookie

Aug 27, 2006
    istanbul Turkey
    Full Name:
    kadir dilan
    ban you for life!

17. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Senna decked Eddie Irvine in 1993 at the Japanese GP. Oh, those crazy NASCAR drivers...

18. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Who would you rather get punched by--Senna, or Buddy Baker?:)

19. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Don't worry about the hate here.

This section is often a collection of the ultimate motor racing fans, not drivers.

20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    As I said on another thread here, the european racing press will miss JPM because of his personality.

F1 won't have to worry about fights because all the drivers are anymore are trolls.

21. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Ha I live pretty darn close to Toledo. Those arent even Nascars though Im pretty sure there late models. What I dont get about people who make fun of nascar is there making fun of a part of motorsports. Without nascar it woudnt be as intersting to just watch F1.

22. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    :confused: I've spent years racing FF1600, 80cc shifters & 125cc shifters as well as several years working as a race mechanic. I know many others here race and crew as well. A good deal of our knowledge and opinions comes from active participation in the sport. That sport being auto racing. As I've said before anyone that straps on a helmet and dons a fire suit gets my respect, whether they're in NASCAR or F1.

Seems the only “hating” :rolleyes: going on here is a few snobs sticking up their noses at men (and some women) who’re out there racing in series they feel are sub par.

23. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

That, and 'local' racing is the last bastion of motorsports: if you don't like one track, you go race at another. Hard to do that with any other form of motorsport.

What scared me about that video is it looked like they are racing dirt late models on an asphalt track, and they are not made for that at all. Better them than me, I guess.

24. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I love my Fcars, but F1 puts me to sleep....