New MASERATI Coupe in `07 | FerrariChat

New MASERATI Coupe in `07

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by wbaeumer, Aug 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Today I got the info from Italy that the new Maserati Coupe/Spyder(?) will be launched in the Geneva car show next year!

Ciao!
    Walter

2. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    so is it coupe only or Coupe/Spyer(?)

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    This my resource doesn`t mention.
    The launch in Geneva early in `07 shows that the Factory is very far in the development as the car was been expected for the Paris-show later that year.

Ciao!
    Walter

4. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    Did you get any pictures? Didn't you mention before that it looks a bit like an A6G?

5. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    The new Coupe was shown to dealers at the Paris Auto Show. It is being refered to as the Quattroporte Coupe (Dueportte?). The best description of the car "Stunning". Many feel that it will be the most beautiful car on the road. And these are Ferrari dealers.

The big question is how many Scagliettis will they have to take to get 1 Quattorporte Coupe?

6. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Did you have to post this while I'm contemplating purchasing another 4200? Thanks for making my decision so much harder. ;)

7. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    can't wait to see it, but with the rate that maserati's depreciate, as soon as the new coupe comes out the old body styles, namely the 02's, which i've seen in the lower 50's, will easily drop into the 40's. just my .02 on this one, any other input on this?

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    The car won't be officiall shown until Geneva in March, I wouldn't think the car will be available until later in '07. From all indications I would expect a bit a waiting list for at least 6 months until production gets going. The car is going to be priced well above the current coupe.

9. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul

Wait until the car comes out then you can pick up the 4200 even cheaper....

10. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I lack patience, the problem is the 4200 I'm looking at is an 06, I'm buying it new because I plan on keeping it at least 3-4 years unlike my previous 4200 which I kept less than a year. I'd hate to buy an 06 model only to want the 07, I'll probably end up taking the dive and decide what to do once the 07 is available for purchase.

11. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    02's can already be found for $40k with 20-35k miles. Spyders and Coupes both. I don't know how the 4200 will react when the 07 model is released, take into consideration italian cars said it will be priced well above, it may attract a different market and not cause much of a depreciation.

12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    The car will be a 2008

13. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My mistake, thanks for clarifying.

14. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    My dealer just got back from Paris. He said the new Maserati is stunning. He also said he would take as many cars as possible. This car is going to be very easy to sell. It's that gorgeous.

15. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    my dad's friend bought his used, he looked at a new one but was told that he can expect no more than 65 back for his trade in after no less than 2 weeks. they're beautiful cars, and very soon will be on my list of cars to take a serious look at

16. Bince

Bince Karting

Jun 8, 2004
    I wonder what sort of engine they will whack in this time... it cant be the same 4.2L block... right?

17. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan

It is rumored to be getting a 4.7 Liter V8 engine. But I have read a lot of rumors regarding the new coupe. No idea if it is true or not.

18. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i was at maserat in february. i took photos of the "prototype" that we have seen before. basically, it wa sthe swb qp. i was told it wouldn't go itnto production. clearly, there is a reason the car was made available to me. i would like to see some type of spy photo before i believe any of this

19. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    me too!!

20. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I`ll just got confirmed by Maserati-Germany that the first pre-series cars will be available for test ride in August `07 for the Olftimer GP in Germany at the Nuerburgring. This will be the FIRST official appearance for driving worldwide.

Ciao!
    Walter

21. nisanprathan

nisanprathan Rookie

Sep 10, 2006
    Bangkok
    Full Name:
    Nisan
    Do you have any idea what it will look like? Any spy-pictures?

22. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    That is contrary to what I've heard...supposedly, the next generation Coupe will increase in price just a few thousand $$$ over the current Coupe, although it was unclear to me if they were reffering to a Coupe or a GranSport in price.

23. Maserati-Mark

Maserati-Mark Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Minnetonka
    Full Name:
    Mark Potter
    I've heard it looks nothing like the shortened QP spy photos that have been floating around for the last year. We can expect the front end to go back to previous Maserati models, like the A6G. Overall it should be about 6" shorter than the QP, with rear seat room similar to the current coupe, which for anyone that has compared rear seats, has far more room than the Bentley with which it will compete.

After GM decided to pay FIAT $2B instead of buying the company, they no longer had to seperate Ferrari from the group, so all of Maseratis technical development and engineering is still done in cooperation with Ferrari, and seemingly Ferrari is using this to make their components better with more real world testing before they use items in their cars.

The 430's engine is the same as the Maser 4.2, with different pistons, connecting rods, a flat plane crank rather than offset, and intake manifold set-up.

With the Alfa 8c going into production, equipped with a 4.7L, and dual clutch transmission, it wouldn't surprise me to see an evolution of this in the new Maserati Coupe and probably Ferraris in the future.

Before Kalfbell resigned, he made a lot of comments regarding Maserati continuing and strengthening their cooperation with Ferrari, and with Alfa likely coming back to the US in the next 24 months, and FIAT's future looking brighter overall, it only makes sense for the three marques to continue cooperation in engineering and development.

I've heard a few of the future plans in development at Maserati, and while I can't share them publicly, their future looks bright.

- Mark

24. PacoSaca

PacoSaca Rookie

May 24, 2005
    El Salvador
    Full Name:
    Paco Saca
    #24 PacoSaca, Sep 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://edmunds.nytimes.com/future/2008/alfaromeo/8c/100805076/preview.html

This coupe takes its name from two sources: the original 8C cars of the '30s and '40s that utilized eight-cylinder engines and the 6C Competizione coupe that competed in the Mille Milgia in 1950. And not only does it draw its name from Alfas of the past, it also uses several design cues, such as the round rear light clusters that were prominent features of prior Alfa models. Built mostly out of carbon fiber, the 8C concept that debuted in Geneva in 2004 took its cues from the past and turned them into a modern design with the looks and performance of a modern sports car. Power was provided by a 4.2-liter V8 and the production version will most likely get the same. Expected to debut at this year's Paris Motor Show, the 8C Competizione is also scheduled to be the first Alfa to go on sale in the U.S. when the automaker makes its return in 2008.

Holy guacamole!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    What a great way for Alfa to return to North America!

Wow!

That is one of the most beautiful new cars I have seen in the past ten years! An instant classic. They can be very proud of the 8C! :)