Ferrari Work in Midland? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Work in Midland?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by lizard1, Oct 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey all - just got an '89 328 over the weekend and have since discovered that it's got a decent size oil leak(2" diameter puddle) after a 30-45 min drive. Look under the car and can see the oil forming drops off of the nuts sticking out the bottom of the oil pan(?)/housing.

Was curious if any of you knew of a qualified Ferrari mechanic out here in West TX that could atleast take a look at it and see if it's OK to keep driving and make sure it's got enough oil OR if this is something that needs to be addressed pretty soon.

If there isn't anybody out here in West TX, my only other option would be to make a trip to Austin or Dallas :( Any recommendations in either of these places?

Thanks all

2. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    PM Audiguy on this forum. He is friends with a big-time exotic car collector in West Texas. They might have a recommendation for you.

3. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    the first thing i did was PM Audiguy :)

I have a feeling I may be out of luck so am looking for referrals of good independents in the Austin or Dallas area. Thanks

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    No time like now to learn simple stuff, IE ;welcome to the Wonderfull World of Old(er) Ferrari ownership.
    Cover the distributor with a plastic bag and spray the warm engine down with a can of engine cleaner. Scrub if needed in heavy deposit areas. Dry off with towels, compressed air , or warm breeze over time. Make sure all the oil and water is off.
    Start engine let run for a minute. Shut down. Look for leak. If none repeat till found. You may be lucky and it will be a bad hose, valve cover gasket. loose oil filter, Etc. This stuff you can do. If not you at least know the problem
    Theres a first for everthing.
    Some mechanics dream of rich guys (read you ,the Ferrari owner) walking into their shop saying; " I dont know squat about this car, it dont work, fix it".

5. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Dallas = Norwood Performance
    period, end of conversation

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I got the PM. Sorry I was slow in responding. Been away for a couple of days.

1. Norwoods (and you guys thought I was only a dealership person)
    2. Call Mike Luongo at Lambo of Dallas
    3. If Steve Smith is still at FoD give him a call.

Who was the other guy that you other FC'ers talked about? Shade Tree or something like that. I do not know him but I heard some good things.

No place I would trust in Midland or Odessa. Mr. Beal has his own factory certified Lambo tech and sends the McLaren to New Jersey to be worked on in Woodcliff Lake or back to Surrey, England. I need to speak to him about the Enzo. I do not know where he takes it...........

7. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas