My ABS hydraulic pump is going..... | FerrariChat

My ABS hydraulic pump is going.....

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by coolblue, Oct 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coolblue

coolblue Karting

May 6, 2004
    In my 1995 355. The warning light comes on (and the pump makes a buzzing sound)...together with the red warding light. Then about two minutes later....wooden brakes and little stopping power. The brakes come back about two minutes later with an 'awwwwwwwww' sound.

My question....Is it a Teves mark 2 I look for?

2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I'd suggest checking the ABS unit's independent error codes (put a 10 Amp fuse in the open socket on the relay that may have a white dot on it attached to the ABS computer).

Then I'd suggest a couple of basics such as replacing the ABS relays/fuses and bleeding/re-filling the system with clean brake fluid.

The above might give you enough data to fix the problem, and if not then yank the fuse/relay for the ABS and test the brakes at parking lot speeds (the system is designed to have power non-ABS brakes if the ABS system fails, so if your brakes are lousy with the ABS disconnected you may have a non-ABS problem impacting that system).

3. coolblue

coolblue Karting

May 6, 2004
    Thats more than enough to go on.....watch this space