Japan's Fabulous F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Japan's Fabulous F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by notiguy, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I like it. I think it looks good in those pictures. I also like the wing, and I usally dont like wings, for some reason I think it looks good on the setup they have.

2. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Thx for responding to my post. I hoped someone w/ties to Fabulous would chime in. Before I go on .... it bears repeating .... "Celebrate Diversity."

I do hope that our (specially mine) different ops don't upset you. How we mod our cars is a very personal thing. And I am a mod junkie. Or was .... I bought an F430 because I felt it was pretty close to perfect (for MY needs) off the showroom floor. So i'm somewhat prejudiced also. :)

I'm puzzled .... Fabulous are setting your car up for the SEMA show and you don't know what they'll do to it? What gives?

I agree very light. But I don't know much about drag racing. Except that it's reported to be the most popular form of "grassroots racing" in the USA.

But even for drag racing I seriously doubt that any serious racer would use the wheels pictured unless they were paid to. I would also question their strength and suitability even for drag racing.

But let's face it .... Kids (iow; my ref to "the XBox360 crowd") are easily impressed by chromed out "dubs" and bodywork reminiscent of what they see in movies like "The Fast & the Furious."

IIRC, I saw some Fabulous logos on the cars in "Tokyo Drift." Fun movie! But total BS .... of course. I digress: Let's not go off on Hollyweird. Back to our regularly scheduled rant ....

I stand corrected in re weigths. Thx!

Now let's correct a misconception you're spreading ...

... Bigger and wider is NOT necessarily better.

Side issue: Lighter i NOT better if it means giving up strength and re.

Finally: Ever try to find race rubber for wheels larger than 18"?

And did you ever consider unsprung weight, rolling resistance, etc?

Of course drag racing's a whole 'nother ball of wax .... but frankly speaking I don't consider the "Thursday Night Drags" racing. I know many will be offended but i'll say it anyway .... "Anyone Can Go Fast In A Straight Line." Sorry.

BTW, the single most common question I hear from kids (14 somethings) is "Are those 20s." If appropriate to the circumstances I reply with, "... overly large wheels are only for show. This car's about going fast." In a kindly non-condescending, manner of course.

One last point: If you want a "Drag Racer" why buy an F430.

Truly? I did a quick Google (a couple of different searches) and could find none.

Not listed thru Google. Sorry.

593 hits. "Forward Racing's" british website does not appear to be the right one. Would you give us more details please?

Google searches brought up nothing of value! More details please?

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say post us some pics. Pretty Please! ;-)

Pardon my abrassive manner but if one wants to impress 14yr olds then I suggest the Fabulous F430 will do the job. But Racers and the "cognoscenti" will be LOL!

Regards,

Richard.

3. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    They look great on your Cab.

Regards,

Richard.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I SMELL SAKI! Why???

5. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Once again: I stand corrected. Thx! Pics do lie .... but to my trained eye they look as good as chrome. Good Job!

For the record: You have a vested interest in the aftermarket products/tuning industry. But you do not list Italian cars on your site.

Is the latter why you're working with Fabulous and are not a sponsor of this fine site were chatting on?

I noticed a 240SX turbo kit is listed prominently on your front page. The 240SX is still a fave in Japan.

One of my longest, dearest friends (Yasu) is a Japanese national living in Tokyo, and a car enthusiast, who visits me regularly. He was just here a few weeks ago. We ahd a great time chatting about the Japanese tuning/racing scene. BTW he almost died when i let him drive the F430.

Note: Yasu made it clear that the Japanese market should NOT be confused with other markets.

IMHO: Fabulous should stick to what they know best. For that piece of financial advice i'd like a nice single malt please. <chuckle>

The Fabulous F430 is .... At Best .... a gross example of "Gilding the Lily" and I would be astonished if the average F430 owner (check the demographics please) would be interested in making his/her car look like a 240SX (ie; Lisa) on drugs.

Finally, for the record: I have no connection to the automotive industry, be it aftermarket or otherwise. So, no axe to grind here, cool? So my advice to you, free but I still would accept a nice single malt (mo chuckles) is toalso stick to what you do best and after SEMA lose the Fabulous mods. They do ruin our fine cars.

But heck ... it's your car, your money .... do as you please and enloy. Never mind what others will say. I doubt they'd say it to your face. But I would. <shrug>

Regards,

Richard.

6. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Sheeit dude .... wise up!!! This ain't the 1950s when Japanese products were considered poorly made crud.

The Japanese tuning market is at the cutting edge of technology and design. Ever hear of the P4/5 for example?

How about the GTR .... an old bucket of bolts still able to hang (oem vs oem) with the newer cars in its class. And I could go on and on and on ....

Seriously .... I smell .... hate. It's cool to disagree but let's leave jingoism and all the other hateful "isms" out of our discussions .... please.

I hope i've misjudged you. But your profile leads me to believe that you are a true car enthusiast (yes, i know profiles lie like rugs) and should know better.

Regards,

Richard.

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The term "rice-burner" has been around for years, and as its name implies it is of Asian descent or tweeking. It is not meant as a positive, or as a negative. You took it as a negative and that's your perogative. I personally do not like to see a fine Italian car "riced". My question is why? There is no hate here for anything or anyone, my asian friend sits besides me as I respond to your retarded, supersensitive nature. I would be happy to run down a lengthy history lesson with you regarding Japan, their industrial revolution and the quality control aspects of their [current] economy, as I visit the country periodically to evaluate companies.

So, I'll excuse your sensitive nature [which is misplaced] when it comes to euphamisms. If you're in the Dallas area sometime, call on me and I'll introduce you to my asian friends who slap the title of "rice burner" on this car. We all are involved in cars and martial arts together. They find your stupidity amusing. The invitation stands...

8. KINGS POWER

KINGS POWER Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    King
    No offence taken at all. To what degree I was misunderstood in reffering these wheels and or this vehicle for drag racing is beyong me.. I have drag raced in the past, I have road raced, and drifted as well, I enjoy all forms of motorsports except the roundy round Nascar, each to his own, but not my bag. I am huge into F-1, and Champ Car, I do not believe in drag racing a Ferrari, nor would I EVER advocate it, this are fine exotic road cars, not hopped up drag racers cars.

I have quite a bit of experience in time trials and chassis dynamics and set up, I will agree to a certain extent of the notion of *bigger is not always better*. Wheels are a great way to free up unsprung weight and altering the way the suspension acts under compression and rebound. For performance I always look for a good combination of light weight forged wheels that look good and have the right specs and offset I'm looking for (for those who do not know, forged wheels are the strongest, and they must pass a stringent testing procedure to pass).

As far as my 360, I know EXACTLY what is going on, as our company in colaboration with Fabulous, Ferrari Service of Irvine, Falken Tire, VIP Forged, I personally am taking care of all the logistics and styling etc., to my taste.

As far as Fabulous in the motorsports scene, they have a link you might like.

http://www.fabulous.co.jp/racereport/index.asp

As far as our page, it has not changed or been updated due to our webmaster being *missing in action*, we had to hire another firm to build a completely new site which entails our european heretige and projects. in fact something springs to mind is the fact that, we were on the cover of European Car Magazine March issue 2002 with a silver 993 TT widebody was called *wicked one offs* kind of shows our capabilities for a high HP and well rounded car with handling, looks, and power. We just finished up a Bentley Flying Spur with a few *tweaks*, CG lowering module, 22" forged wheels, CG exhaust and ECU tuning, was a real rocketship.

But as I mentioned, each to their own I respect everyone's opinion, good or bad, I don't let it get me down if others do not like what I do, I just respect their taste and alter my programs to meet their needs/taste, as each person should be allowed their own creative vision without ridicule, that's what I feel at least..and it makes everyone much happier this way to respect their opinion and taste.

9. KINGS POWER

Aug 3, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    King

Ok, to clarify a few points made here.

1. I never said a word about drag racing, never will.

2. Weight on wheels in liu of strength? I would never do that, nor would I advocate that, I want a lighter AND stronger than stock wheel, if I cannot have that for my motorsports activities, I'd rather not buy.

3. Race rubber and Sizes? I would NEVER EVER EVER buy anything over a 18" wheel for road racing, they simply canot be had. My plan?? I will have 3 sets of wheels and tires. 1. 18" set of 1 piece forged alloys with race rubber for the track (love Willow Springs, and Buttonwillow a 2nd). 2nd set of street sports wheels, 1 piece forged in 20". 1 set of 3 piece forged wheels to go to dinner, but hey that's me..might not be for your average folks.

4. I am NOT spreading *wider is better*, I have never said that, yes I understand physics, (I did pass that class LOL) I would have to do the math (my head already hurts LOL), in order to calculate the difference in rolling resistance or adding 1/2" to the rim width, as it pertains to fuel economy etc., but is that what we're really getting at? I don't think so, but correct me if I am wrong.
    For me?? I like wide wheels and tires, this is why I am having special wheels built for me by VIP Forged in 20 X 9 and 20 X 12.5, Fabulous is giving me a set of 20 X 9 and 20 X 11 to help them promote them, but these 2 sets are just for visual appeal nothing more. My serious track wheels? will be 18 X 9 and 18 X 10 most likely.

10. caballorojo

caballorojo Karting

Mar 8, 2005
    Make the wheels silver and delete the wing, now perfect.

11. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Thx. It's hard to convey emotion on the Net. And I do have (or so i've been told <wry g) and abrassive Net manner. But I mean no disrespect.

Gosh not at all. I brought up drag racing as a possible use for overly large wheels. And because the only Fabulous ref (and vague at that) I could find was in re drag racing.

Cool. I salute you. I specially love drifting. I hope to take some instruction (w/David Smith) soon and learn how to drift. The only drifting i've done so far was .... uh .... unplanned. <chuckle>

NASCAR ranks w/drag racing in my book. Again: No offense to the tens of millions who love NASCAR.

Aaahhh wheels. I'm looking for a spare set for the track as we speak. I might have to start a thread on it.

Knowing nothing about Fabulous I must be sceptical about their production methods. As you know all forged wheels are not created equal.

Very Cool! I admit you had me worried for a mo. LOL!

Would you mind sharing w/us your plans for the 360?

Thx for the link. Cool site. As are most Japanese sites i've visited. Bookmarked. I'll visit often and ask Yasu to translate for me.

I wonder why Fabulous (and racing, etc, etc) didn't show up in my Google searches?

Aside: Although i'll withhold judgement .... I am impressed that they race what they sell.

Not casting aspersions. I was just curious.

BTW: You should congratulate your web designer. I liked the site.

I wish we had a shop like yours in Oregon. I can't begin to describe the nightmares i've gone thru modding my cars.

Agreed 100%!!!

A little education goes a long way. You've begun my education in re Fabulous and a couple of probs (as noted in my previous replies to your posts) have been cleared up. Thx.

But as harsh as it sounds .... if I saw your Modena at a track. decked out like the F430 in this thread .... i'd definitely walk up to you and tell you I think it looks horrid. Then again .... if you showed me how well it drives ....

Let me put it this way .... i've often written (google ronin and the phrase below, or check around the M3 forums):

"If it looks like a brick and sounds like a chainsaw but ..."

here i'l insert [drives like my F430]

"... i'll buy it." In a heart beat!!!

Regards,

Richard.

12. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Thx for taking the time to alleviate my concerns. <chuckle>

As for the insults .... unnecessary. I took great pains to NOT be insulting.

So has the term "ni-gger." In fact Blacks call each other that all the time. And it can mean many things.

Tomorrow walk up to a Black acquaintance (not a close friend) or better yet a stranger and in a kind and friendly tone say, "Wazzup my ni-gger." You know the rest.

Now that's 100%, Pure, Unadulterated, USDA choice, Bovine Excrement!

You know EXACTLY what it means. The fact that you try to hide it and respond with gratuitous insults, with such bile, makes me wonder if I was not wrong about you after all.

In fact the term "Rice" is censored in many sites on the Net BECAUSE of it's racist nature.

While I disagree w/censorship (preferring peer pressure and re) .... and while I have not yet reviewed your posting history here and elsewhere .... it's clear that you KNOW the term to be highly inflammatory simply based on your profile.

Which, BTW, contains a fine list of fine vehicles. The fact that they are all German I am sure is simply because the Germans make some fine autos (or shall I call them Krauts, or Nazis? if I did, it wouldn't be a negative or positive right ... LMAO).

I asked the same Q in a strongly worded manner. But I didn't add an offensive term. And I went out of my way to show no personal disrespect.

I see. As I posted .... I too have an "Asian" friend. And i'm SURE .... like me .... you wouldn't be upset if an "Asian" wanted to marry your sister?

Look, you say you meant no harm. I would take your words as given if it weren't for the Hate you spew in your reply to my Qs.

So now I ask "Why?" Why be so upset that you resort to calling me "retarded," etc?

Or is it that you truly do not realize that you're insulting folks when you spew what can only be described as "hate" (specially racist insults)?

Hmmm, I bet you call women Biatches and don't consider that term misogynistic, right?

Reminds me of a gent (now deceased, RIP) I knew fairly well. He once referred to some of his laborers as "... my Mexicans." Naaah, he's not racist. Ask him. Heck, he employs lotsa minorities, right?

I have no idea how that is germane. Unless you're protesting again and still trying to show that some of your friends are "Asian."

If that is the case .... the French have a saying about those who excuse themselves when they haven't been accused in the first place. ;-)

But i'd be happy to hear your views in re Japan, etc. Feel free to post a thread. Or PM me. Or eMail me.

Oh, I almost forgot .... if you plan to continue insulting me .... don't expect a response; whichever method you choose. <chuckle>

Thx. Next time i'm "excuse[d]" please do so in a manner which doesn't belie your words.

While you're at it, please excuse the "sensitive nature" tens of millions of abused immigrants, ex-slaves, etc. I'm sure they also are "retarded" and "supersensitive." They simply do not realize that you've re-defined racism.

And of course, please excuse the many "retarded," "supersensitive," "stupid" website owners who censor racist insults.

Yes, we know, we know .... some of your best friends are "Asian." ;-)

BTW: Any of them moving into your neighborhood? If so .... next you'll find Kikes, Spics, Miks, Jigaboos, TowelHeads and all manner of assorted untermenschen.

No prob tho 'cause they'll just become your new best friends and you'll be pleased if your sisters married them.

OK, nuff w/the sarcasm .... you've disappointed me not because you insulted me .... goes w/the territory .... but because you DENY the racist nature of your insult.

Kraut cars? <chuckle> Dayum, doesn't the smell of so much cabbage stink up the fine leather? ;-)

Now that's sooo scary. If I visit the D/FW area again i'll be very careful around you.

I'm sure "they" do. Reminds of "Hang around the fort..." But i'm sure that doesn't apply in your case. Right? ;-)

Oh gosh yassuh, mein Herr. I am properly chastised. Your not so thinly veiled threats are veeery scary.

Golly gee whiz I do hope such a well traveled person like you doesn't do a Net search and sees that I am the World's easiest person to find. Otherwise you might come up to Oregon and demonstrate your scathing martial skills.

Pleassuh, Massuh, doan whup dis pore ole Nigra. Ize jist too stoopid to knows bettuh.

I repeat .... Wise Up! Methinks you simply made a social gaffe. Nothing to get so upset about that you need resort to insults and intimidation.

I am frankly shocked at your conduct. It's most unbecoming to an adult. Of course we KNOW you're an adult and own (owned) so many fine cars.

But if you were a teenager then I would understand why you would not find the term "rice" as being necessarily racist. As you would not think the word Biatch is necessarily misogynistic. And finally <phw> I would understand why you would choose to go out of your way to spew hate and (seemingly) think nothing of it.

Richard.

13. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Thx again. Please see my previous reply in re the snipped portions of this latest post of yours.
    So as not to thread-jack i'll ask first if you would recommend a Fabulous set of wheels for my needs? Details please.

If not Fabulous; which? Again, details please.

Here are my needs in no particular order:

1) OEM fitment. IOW; A true bolt on; no spacers.
    2) One piece.
    3) No more than 7 (simple design) spokes. For example; I love the looks of Dinan M3 wheels.
    4) No shiny finishes. Although I might consider, semi-gloss, painted/powder coated wheels. Or anodized?
    5) 19s and made specifically for 235/35F & 305/35R tires.
    6) Considerably lighter weight than Ferrari Challenge wheels.

I do not plan to race. These will be used for HPDEs at the Advanced/Instructor level. I plan to use (primarily) PS Cups.

Regards,

Richard.

14. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
    Wow. That is the most bad as Honda I have ever seen.... That wing is off the hook. What's next the McClaren?

15. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Strange the more I think about the mods .... I can see some utility.

Of course it bears repeating that the mods are somewhat confusing. Ie; Show wheels that are, practically speaking, useless for the track .... along w/bodywork (and isn't the car also lowered?) which makes the car, practically speaking, useless for street driving.

All in all leading me to think that this is strictly a show car. That's cool. We can see some of their products all in one package w/o having to wade thru pics of different F430s. <chuckle>

Speaking for myself only .... the F430 is a superb melding of form and function.

At one point, being performance oriented, I actually considered modding my car into a Challenge replica (but still street legal, kind/sorta). WTS: I can see (from further study) that the bodywork may provide some advantages for certain track related activities. And the fact that the mods ruin the looks of the car (IMHO, your op's as valid as mine) shouldn't deter a performance oriented individual.

But Galdurned It!!! Agaisnt all odds i've fallen in love w/my F430 as is. And primarily because of it's .... uh .... Beauty!

Now I am of the opinion that even if the Fabulous mods had some utility .... and made me want more speed .... i'd simply buy a Corvette and add a few grand in handling oriented mods and I am quite sure that it would perform as well as an F430 w/Fabulous mods.

So, i'd have TWO cars (one which i wouldn't care if i trashed). And my (beloved <geesh>) F430 would still look beautaceous! And not have reduced utility.

As for the financial issues .... i'm sure the Fabulous mods are affordable (i know .... if you have to ask .... <chuckle>). But I am also quite sure that I could buy a used Corvette, throw about 15K in mods at it and have one faaast car.

Well, after further research, I guess I still remain convinced that Fabulous is following in the footsteps of other great companies that lost sight of the forest for the trees. You must know what I mean .... those products that leave one wondering; "What were these admittedly brilliant execs THINKING!"

Bangle comes to mind simply because he tossed way untold millions of BMW's hard earned $s and still retains his job. And BMW is still doing well. But for a bottle of single ma.... no wait .... for a six pack of Bud, I could have saved BMW a heck of a lot of lost profit. I digress .... back to Fabulous:

The above products look to me like a typical example of a company that doesn't udnerstand the market. Perhaps coupled w/the age old saw; "A solution in search of a problem."

Thx for listening to my latest rant. <wry g>

Regards,

Richard.

16. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The plethora of rivets where the wing meets the stilts, or whatever they're called, should show that the wing is in fact adjustable.
    It's a show car, a company showpiece. The wheels are almost required to be flashy.
    You must really hate the FIA GT series then.
    Your Superman X-ray vision abilities amaze me. Somehow, through the rear bumper you can tell me what the muffler is made out of, how big it is, AND how much it weighs! Respect.
    Agreed.

17. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    vanilla rice rice baby

18. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Sure, rivets are adjustable. LMAO! If we remove them and redrill, etc. So is a fixed one piece wing. If we slice it up and add fasteners of some sort.

That's what I wrote in the post you're replying to. In your zeal to demean you must have missed it.

As I wrote earlier: The car is a confusing mis-match of parts allowing us a look at a selection of F430 products (by Fabulous of course) on one car.

But as for "... almost required to be flashy." I think it only shows how out of touch Fabulous is w/the Western F430 market. And based on my (albeit limited) knowledge of the rest of the World's markets, even Japan's. I feel comfortable repeating that I think Fabulous don't know what they are doing in this context (i have to repeat myself 'cause you don't seem to be paying attention).

For example: A set of 18" wheels, w/a flat or satin finish and in a proven LTW, strong design (iow; lose the ridiculous lip, etc) woudl have been much more in keeping w/the rest of the car's appearance and might enhance it's desirability within the relatively small community of F430 owners and prospective owners.

Somewhat indicative of the veracity of my op is the fact that NONE of the (FEW) folks who said they liked the car own an F430.

Nope; 1:18s don't count. LOL! (laughing wid ya bro, not at ya)

As for YSS and his Cab .... the wheels look good on his Cab but he did not express a liking for the Coupe as is. And I seriously doubt he'll purchase the bodywork, etc.

As it is the posted F430 Coupe might impress the underinformed. And will impress the Heck out of 12 yr olds.

The underinformed are unlikely to purchase an F430. But if they did, let's say on a whim, I doubt they'd then ruin it's looks while throwing tens of thousands of dollars away.

I seriously doubt that 12 yr olds make F430 buying decisions (aftermarket parts inclusive).

For Grins N Giggles: Another VERY common Q i'm asked by kids/children ... "Does it have NOS?" Hilarious!

But sad to see their disappointed faces when I say it doesn't. Even tho I mention 490HP. They still seem disappointed/underwhelmed? Go figure. <chuckle>

Tell me that you are not seriously comparing an F430, with a set of mis-matched parts, which ruin the looks, the utility and the value of a vehicle that no one in their right mind would try to race in OEM condition, w/an FIA GT car.

FIA GT cars have been lightened within an inch of their lives. With components that only pay lip service to OEM parts.

Please, tell me it isn't so. <chuckle>

And please don't mention that cars like the MC12 are "essentially" the same as the MC12s that are being raced. We're talking F430s.

Nope, methinks you're simply being argumentative.

Now, IMHO, if one wanted to LOOK like a racer (or what the average XBox360 addict thinks a racecar should look like) then the above would do the job. But I think REAL racers are offended by the "wannabes."

BTW, I am not offended by "wannabes" unless they are attempting to deceive. Otherwise I think it's flattering that someone would imitate my style (not speaking of racing, just in general).

Another reminder: The OP shared these nice pics w/us and now we're asking some Qs and expressing our ops. Most of us are doing so in a relatively inoffensive manner. What's the prob? Why do you resort to insults?

It's obvious from the pics that the pipes are larger than OEM and appear to be polished steel and/or chrome plated. So I am guessing. And based on the lack of info contained within your post I guess you're guessing also. <chuckle>

You know, it would save us a lot of time if you bothered to read the entire thread. Or perhaps you did and don't care, preferring to express yourself in a demeaning manner? LMK & TIA.

You are being disrespectful kid .... not I.

Aside: Strange how quick kids are to ask for respect all the while extending none in turn. Now back to our (one sided) debate. Onward ....

If you bothered yourself, you'd notice that KINGS POWER (a gent w/a vested interest who wouldn't be blamed for being offended by my harsh opinions and strongly worded Qs) remained thoroughly respectful at all times.

He also managed to correct some of my errors/miscinceptions and educate me to the point that my op of Fabulous has mellowed .... somewhat.

Last but not least: Again, if you bothered to read what I wrote .... you would have noticed that I did not mention the muffler.

PS; I'm off to PIR for an HPDE tomorrow. And my car will be fine in OEM condition. Well, the tires are shredded after Thunderhill. But who cares? I'm NOT racing and the car's more capable than I at this time.

OTOH, if I were driving a 350Z like you did(?) and like my dear friend Yasu does .... I would definitely mod the piss out of it.

PPS; If you're not too busy ake a look at some of the FIA GT cars and note that the posted F430 Coupe is practically a caricature of an F430GT.

Regards,

Richard.

19. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    man , your posts are too long

20. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Aye, I mean nuts and bolts. Wrong term, wrote the post too fast :).
    I had no idea you disliked agreement so much as to argue with it. :)
    Check out any pictures from the SEMA show, or look at Hamann's F430 that so many here loved. There are plenty here with HREs on their 360s that serve exactly the same lack of purpose other than looking good (and they do). The wheels get attention, for sure. Whether they recommend them to sell with the kit is unknown to me.
    I think you have (no offense) a wrong perspective of the Ferrari community. There are many on Ferrarichat who love their cars as they should and drive them as they should, but far too many F430 owners buy their cars just to be seen in said car. Ferrarichat is a skewed perspective of the Ferrari owner as these are the more enthusiast types here :). Heck, look at the 348 guys!
    That's because all of the people in this thread who don't own one are probably on the decade long 'waiting list' ;)
    You'd be surprised!
    The bodywork is quite similar between this and the F430 GT, yes. On the street this is just too much, I agree. On the track I don't see this hurting at all. There have been several 360C owners who have added the GT-spec bodywork to their Challenge cars and praised the additional handling characteristics.
    Why did you resort to saying the car is effectively useless partly by the shape of its exhaust tips?
    So because I disagree with your original claim, the burden of proof is now on me to prove the exhaust system/tips are lighter than stock? No, sir, the burden of proof is on you to prove it isn't.
    My age has little to do with my opinions. For you to suggest so is immature.
    I did not ask for your respect. You are not to demand my respect. My respect is not demanded, it is earned.
    My block is too weak for the mods I have/had planned. I'm looking to swap out my Z with one with the updated REV-UP motor with a reinforced block to continue with them :).[/QUOTE]

21. wheelhor

wheelhor Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2006
    Cheyenne, WY most of the year
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #46 wheelhor, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    But the same wheels with silver centers....... ;)

i've said how i feel about the car when i posted the pics awhile ago. Add/subtract a few things to your style and leave it at that.

E
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Yes, they are. ;-)

Regards,

Richard.

23. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The good news is you could buy a wing like that at pep boys.

24. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Understood. But my answer stands. Ie; wing doesn't look adjustable.

For the record, IMHO, lack of adjustability isn't a deal breaker.

Outstanding Response! I applaud your wit.

Sorry, I honestly don't see a point here.

Unsless you're simply trying to inform. In which case .... I agree.

None taken. Thx for caring.

Gosh, I hope I didn't come off as being so presumptous that I think I speak for others.

Ferrari Owners & Ferrai Drivers? Cool with me.

Although i'm an opinionated ole fool .... I do value differing ops.

Hmmm, not sure I understand. As you can tell, I am new to the site. Tho i've been lurking for a while. And most of the people i've been in regular touch with (including those who've been telling me for years to be done w/it and buy a ferrari) are car-nuts and Ferrari owners. WTS; I stand by my op that most F430 owners won't like the Fabulous mods.

<chuckle> Well, you're a car enthusiast and someday, Lord willing, you'll own a Ferrari. Do you really think that, as you approach middle age, you'll alter a Ferrari's looks so dramatically?

It wouldn't be my first mistake. <shrug>

Sorry, I disagree.

Interestingly enuff .... most complaints seem centered on the wing. Yet the wing is probably the only item that MIGHT be useful on a stock F430. And that's doubtful.

The Fabulous design adds weight to a car that already produces plenty of downforce. And, of course, handles like a dream.

Even if Fabulous could show wind tunnel tests (i betcha they can't) that say downforce is increased (again, i doubt the design is practical, but i'm not an engineer) the added weight would hurt too darn much.

First: I'll assume you mean Fabulous GT-spec bodywork.
    1) The Stradale is a lighter, more track oriented, version and would not be hurt as much by some additional weight.
    2) I seldom hear of a person who mods a car in an extreme manner admit publicly that they goofed!
    3) The topic's F430s. :)

Allow me to correct your poor debating technique: Straw Man attacks are bad form. ;-)

Another Straw Man attack? WTS: I noticed that you were not providing details and appeared to be speculating as I admittedly am. Do you have detailed info?

Touche!

Tit for tat was inappropriate. I apologize.

Sorry, it looked that way to me.

Maybe you asked me to show respect for someone else? <shrug>

If so: Whom? And how was I being disrespectful?

"What we have here is failure to communicate." <chuckle>

I made no such demand.

Sad to say Yasu now wants to get rid of his Z. It's no coincidence that he's been spoiled by driving my F430 on a very cool twisty-curvy fave road of mine.

I write "sad" because the Z can be modded to perform as well as an F430 (it'll cost and it won't be the same, but close enuff for the intermediate to advanced HPDE driver).

But it's not about lap times @PIR. Ferrari's are much more than that, aren't they. :)

Nice chatting w/u. Gotta go. More later.

Regards,

Richard.

25. KINGS POWER

Aug 3, 2005
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    King
    WOW!! this thread got totally out of control and off topic a bit..

I think we all need to step back a bit and take a deep breath. We're all in basically the same boat, we share the passion for these cars, and no matter who likes what and what their personal taste is, I don't feel there is any need to get hostile over it. My opinion? Each to their own, that's all, I respect the fact that not everyone is going to like what I do, but that's okay by me, it just shows diversity and I actually like that.

Rallen, I have some nice wheels up my sleeve if you need help, simple silver 1 piece magnesium forged lighter than the CS. BTW, the Fabulous wheels are 8000 Ton forged, so they adhere to very strict production standards, and from what I know as fact, the mfg plant that makes the wheels for Fabulous is making wheels of the same basic structure for some VERY well known players in F-1, as well as the reg. automotive aftermarket. I do not want to hijack this thread, so please PM me, we'll take it off site.