I would kill Pedrosa with my bare hands-MotoGP spoiler | FerrariChat

I would kill Pedrosa with my bare hands-MotoGP spoiler

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Choptop, Oct 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Amazing, stunning, stupifying.

How could you not beat the living hell out of Pedrosa? I would kill him with my bare hands.

Ya know, sometimes I think the F1 team orders go a little far, but for farks sake, you would think Pedrosa would have some common friggin sense. To take out a team mate in the 2nd lap of the 2nd to last race with a team mate just 3 points up on the world championship? Abso-freaking-lutely amazing.

I cant wait until Laguna, if Pedrosa is still riding I'm going to spent every spare second screaming at him.

he just cost his team, sponsors and Nicky millions of dollars. MILLIONS.

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Umm. Excuse me... your title is still a spoiler!!!

3. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    well, I cant edit it now, so its too late.

if someone hasnt seen the race or heard, all they would know is that I'm pissed at Pedrosa, nothing more.

sorry if it spoils it for anyone.

4. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I felt the same way ... I wanted to kick him too

he's been jealous at Hayden's season btw
    since he's supposed to be # 1 at Repsol

I hate PEDROSA he's so stupidly immature
    I couldn'd believe it.

Let's just HOPE Pedrosa tries hard and fixes his exteme dumbness at Valencia
    I'll pray

5. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
  6. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I know Pedrosa always has that chance of diving in a corner and crashing out, he's done it too many times this season. There is just no excuse for taking out Nicky. I understand he's racing too and wants to do his best, but don't jeopardize the championship opportunity of your teammate! If Nicky loses the championship I want it to be because he was beaten, not because of a stupid move by his teammate. There still is a chance for Nicky, but Rossi doesn't get called the greatest ever for no reason. Vale's gonna be hard to beat.

7. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Nicky never had a chance. Rossi broke several times this year, and once Yamaha got it's act together, it was a done deal. Nicky is a great rider, too bad he's competing against the best that ever was. I raced against the best 2 generations ago, and I've seen Kenny Senior, Ago, Eddie Lawson, et al, and the only rider who is even close was Mike the bike.

Nicky was going to lose at Valencia even if he hadn't been knocked down. He couldn't stay with Rossi at the start and he wasn't going to beat him here. At best, he might have gotten 2nd, but 3rd or 4th was most probable. That would have left him about tied with Rossi going into Valencia, where he'd have lost against him.

I'm going to Valencia this year (again) and I'll post from there.

Art

8. ChunkyMonkey

ChunkyMonkey Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Texas, duh
    Full Name:
    Chad
    anyone with a vid link?

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Personally, I have never been very impressed by Hayden. He had a factory Honda for the last 3 (?) years, and won less GPs than other riders on private Hondas.
    This year, with Yamaha experiencing frame vibration and Rossi in trouble at the begining of the season, Hayden scored points, but when Yamaha solved its gremlins, he has been racing backward since. On an inferior bike, Rossi has done a sensational come-back all year, which Hayden hasn't been able to contain with the best bike in the field.
    He blames a 'faulty clutch' for his lack of success; strange: Pedrosa, Milandri, Tamada, etc... on the same bikes don't event mention clutch.

I agree that Pedrosa's move was a bit daring and that he couldn't pull it out, but Hayden was slower than him (almost all season). What he was supposed to do: stay behind and go backward too, or take a chance?

Hayden lacks speed, is not consistent and look for excuses. Rossi is a far better rider who deserves another championship.

Wrong man to lead Honda. When Rossi was at Honda, he was almost always on pole, or on the first row. Hayden is often in the middle of the pack on the grid.

10. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith

nor do they get good starts or good finishes.

11. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    i;ve never heard him complain of lack of sucess, he was in the points lead after all.

12. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Don't get me wrong, without Rossi, Hayden is a world champ. However, he just happened to come up, when Rossi was there. We won't see another Rossi for quite a while. He's one of those riders who is so good, that he makes the other competitors, who are great riders, look slow. Too bad for Hayden, that Rossi didn't sign with Ferrari.

I saw Ago at the end of his career, when he ran Daytona, and frankly, we wasn't much then. Kenny was great, but how much of that was Kel, or the works Yamaha, who knows, but I also saw Mike Hailwood, on a bike that was down on HP at the TT, and watched him embarass just about all the folks riding Japanese stuff. Liked it so well, met with Steve Wynne, the fellow who built his bikes, and I ended up winning a few races on his equipment.

Art

13. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Art, is it safe to go back in the water yet?

I really wish you'd tell some more stories about guys who I used to read about in Cycle and Cycle World. I only did a little bit of dirt track and scramble racing back in the day. Sad to say, but I have never been on a bike on a road course.

Why not leave the P&R stuff alone. It will just get you in mo trouble.

Just keep the good stuff coming.

Dale

14. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    For all the people that whine about team orders in F1 this is why you need them sometimes. There was no reason pedrosa should have been racing him that hard. Even though he may have been a little faster. The sad thing is this is Nicky's only chance to win a championship in motogp. He's been slower than his rookie teammate most of the year. The only difference seems to be Nicky doesn't make as many mistakes as Pedrosa.

15. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Dale:

I'm probably done here as soon as I get delivery of the 430, sometime in March. At some point in time, I'll let in on a few of the PMs and you might see a different perspective.

However, the motorcycling was a great time in my life. Going to a track day at Sears Point (I know they changed the name, but f-them, I still call it what it is, not what some snot who paid money can call it) for Vincent. Should be fun, a lot of current AMA Superbiker riders will be there, and at the dinner afterward.

Art

16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Well, again, I'd love to hear the stories. Screw politics. At the end the day, it really doesn't matter does it?

So keep dem stories coming. I'd love to hear more about Roberts and the rest of the crew.

Dale

17. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Art,

Your always fun to talk motorcycles with.
    Do you still ride on the street?

18. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I too would love to hear some stories.

dont know how much racin I'll be doin next year. Lots of other stuff to do. Perhaps a race or two, to keep the license up, lots of track days and a trip or two to Bonneville.

but I'll be around the pits.

19. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!! CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD

20. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith

one cant edit the title of the tread, only mods can do that.

again, the only thing the title gives away is that I'm mad a Pedrosa, nothing more. Not who won, not who didnt win, not what Pedrosa did.

if nowing someone is mad at Pedrosa spoils the result of the race for you, I'm sorry.
    I would edit the title if I could. However, the words MotoGP Spoiler are in the title, so everyone is warned about reading the thread, and can leave it alone knowing onliy that someone is mad at Pedrosa.

21. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Unbelieveable! I've never seen a racer as pi$$ed off as Nicky was after that. I would have loved to have seen what happened when he ran into Pedrosa after the incident.

I have never seen such a display of an awful team player as I witnessed watching Pedrosa. Then at the other end of the spectrum, there was Edwards, who did exactly what a team mate should to support his team mate, holding off the pack for as long as he could.

Once again, another fantastic race. I was on the edge of my seat for the entire race, especially the last lap. So highly entertaining.

Where the heck does this question come from???????

22. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yes! More stories. I was at Daytona when Roberts won in 71 or 72? It was my first year of college. Refresh my memory. Was that the first 2-stroke win. What year did Pridmore win with the factory BMWs.

23. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I've got the following: 996 (very special, makes 20 more HP than a stocker, with special paint, etc.), 1977 Triumph 750, my Harris Ducati (restored, but probably will never run again), a SV650 (the old roadracing world project bike) and I'm in the process of getting a BMW, so I still ride on the street. Will be riding at Vincent's ride at Sears in a few weeks, probably will ride either the SV or the Triumph that day.

Riding on the street is probably dangerous to your body, but it's more dangerous to your license, if you like a little speed.

Dale:

Went to the motogp race at Laguna this year. Took Jerry Greene with me. You probably don't know who he is, but if you look up the results for the Expert/Junior 250 races for 1971 (or 2, I don't recall), you'll see that he finished 2nd in all of them, behind Kel Carruthers, and in front of Cal Rayborn, Jr., and Kenny Roberts. Also won 5 of 6 Junior Nationals on Irv's 500, and at Laguna, he was 5 mph faster than Rayborn, who won the expert's race there. He got into with the powers that be at Kawasaki, got black balled, and was out of the sport by 74. Tragic shame, he was the best rider of our generation, including Roberts.

Art

24. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I think it was 72 or 73. I remember because he beat me for the production championship of the AFM that year, by one point. Reggie was a client (I represented him when he got hurt at Laguna, and a good guy, it's too bad about him and his son). The guy that does my engines, Ken Augustine was one of the mechanics who built those bikes. Augustine is about as crazy as you'll find, but if you can get him to work, he makes a pretty decent motor.

Art

25. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003