People claiming to Ferrari that others have fake cars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

People claiming to Ferrari that others have fake cars

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by dretceterini, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    And if you will not tell us who in Europe it is why should we care?

You might as well say a 2-year-old is out to get us. There are millions of them!!!

2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!

Guess where.....

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Dr Stu is reporting a very serious case which BTW was decided in Coco Chinetti's favor. Marcel has reported on this case in the Vintage section as well.

This is the real deal and I agree with Dr. Stu. One of the cars involved is mentioned in the old photos thread.

4. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I didn't want to mention Coco's name without his permission. I haven't spoken to him as yet. The guy who "reported" him is Olczyk. I know OF Ted Johnson, but have only met him one time; years ago at an event at Jacques Vaucher's old shop. I met Coco over 30 years ago, and have spoken to him a number of times since, but do not really "know" him...

This is specifics of the e-mail that came to me yesterday:

Dear Dr. Schaller:

I have read many of your postings on the Alfa BB and others and do enjoy your
    comments and insight. I too am afflicted with the dreaded 2600 disease. I own a
    restored 2600 Spider and a Zagato Coupe. The purpose of my offline contact is as
    follows; A very dear friend of mine Luigi Chinetti Jr has had some considerable
    difficulty with a gentleman of your accquaintance. It has cost him an enormous
    amount of money and time. All this because of the unwelcome attention of Mr O.
    In a recent conversation he expressed to me his intention to take action to
    defend his interests. I mentioned your difficulties with him and he asked me to
    get in touch with you and see if you would be willing to speak with him about
    your recent experience with this fellow. I realize this is coming out of the
    blue and you don't know me from Adam, but If you would be interested in helping
    Lou and perhaps retreiving some benefit from the horrible mess that jerk threw
    you into I invite you to get in touch with me and I can explain further. If not
    interested, I can certainly understand.

My contact information:

Ted Johnson
    In either event thanks for yourconsideration.

5. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The case involving Coco has been public record for some time.
    The cars involved have been discussed in Vintage.
    Marcel has correctly reported the results of the court case. (Coco won)

If you have personal knowledge about any of this I urge you to contact Coco whom from what I believe is the injured party in this matter.

Best!

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    FINALLY!!!! This thread now makes sence!

Doc Stu, you should start it over now so that people don’t have to wade through two pages of crap just to find out wht the hell you are even talking about.

7. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

OK, done.....I just wanted to get the OK to post this from Coco first. I didn't know that he had actually won the case until Jim G said so....

8. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    My understanding was that this case was settled back in January of 2002 relative to all three cars. Has more litigation occured since then?

9. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I don't know if there is more litigation or not. All I know is Olczyk, who started the whole thing, is still trying to cause problems. FYI, Olczyk has recently been banned from the Alfa BB, and is threatening the owners for doing it.

In any regard, here is an e-mail that I just got the other day:

Dear Dr. Schaller:

I have read many of your postings on the Alfa BB and others and do enjoy your
    comments and insight. I too am afflicted with the dreaded 2600 disease. I own a
    restored 2600 Spider and a Zagato Coupe. The purpose of my offline contact is as
    follows; A very dear friend of mine Luigi Chinetti Jr has had some considerable
    difficulty with a gentleman of your accquaintance. It has cost him an enormous
    amount of money and time. All this because of the unwelcome attention of Mr O.
    In a recent conversation he expressed to me his intention to take action to
    defend his interests. I mentioned your difficulties with him and he asked me to
    get in touch with you and see if you would be willing to speak with him about
    your recent experience with this fellow. I realize this is coming out of the
    blue and you don't know me from Adam, but If you would be interested in helping
    Lou and perhaps retreiving some benefit from the horrible mess that jerk threw
    you into I invite you to get in touch with me and I can explain further. If not
    interested, I can certainly understand.

My contact information:

Ted Johnson

In either event thanks for your consideration.

10. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    The battle is FAR from just Olczyk and me.

Olczyk was the one who started the problems for Coco, and the reason Coco had to spend a lot of energy, time, and money to straighten out the situation.

Olczyk is now trying to cause problems for the owners of the Alfa BB, as they have banned him.

If it was just me, I would have never posted this, as I am MORE than capable of taking care of myself.

It may be boring, but what is going on should be a warning to others.

Stu

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    From Ted's email it seems to me this may soon be between Coco and O as well which is IMO interesting and new.

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You'll note I deleted that comment -- actually before you even posted, you must have hit the quote button quickly :). Why? Because I decided I didn't care.

Mountains/Molehills, etc. Have fun

T