Buyer Beware | FerrariChat

Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Hutch360, Oct 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hutch360

Hutch360 Karting

Jan 29, 2006
    Shell Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Steven Hutcherson
    Full Name: Steven Hutcherson

Ebay Lambo Scam
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just spent an interesting week conversing with a "seller/owner" on Ebay, '01 Diablo that just finished up bidding (did not reach reserve). I receive an email directly from a [email protected] saying that he was excepting second offers from those that had finished at the top of the bidding. I responded and he says he will sell it to me for 140K. However, the stipulation is that I need to wire the money directly to his bank in Budapest before he will ship the auto (free by the way) to your home. He says his reputation on ebay is rated the highest, and that he is completely trustworthy and that he takes online transactions seriously...and that he will sell the car according to ebay guidlines. He's deposited 150K in their Purchase Protectin plan and if I'm not happy with the car when it arrives I have 3 days to inspect and return it (at his cost, of course). After further questions on my part, I receive a form letter from [email protected]. I goes in detail what he been saying to me earlier in the week. I, of course, copy it and mail it to the Fraud dept at ebay. It is not from them and if it were, a copy would have been sent to MyEbay message center. I have been playing with the guy now for a couple of days. Was going to continue harassing but decided to stop, thinking he might keep his present email address. Anyway, red flags were flying, and IF IT'S TO GOOD TO BE TRUE...

Hutch360
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Hutch360
    Send email to Hutch360
    Find all posts by Hutch360
    Add Hutch360 to Your Buddy List

2. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Take all your emails and forward them to interpol or Hungarian police. Unlikely, they'll get excited about it, but it sure would be fun to have them set up a sting.

3. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    this is a common Ebay second chance scam. Is this the first time it has happened to you? I get 2-3 a week.

4. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
  5. Hutch360

Hutch360 Karting

Jan 29, 2006
    Shell Beach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Steven Hutcherson
    James, I went back and read your threads with this fellow. Same person, using same name and country where he is moving. He hasn't changed the scam one bit, just asking for more money.

6. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    There are a lot of trustworthy eBayers out there who trade in high $ every week but have to succumb to this unacceptable behaviour of these frauds.
    Buy the buyer not the item!