O.K. wahat was PAG and "10" like? opinions? | FerrariChat

O.K. wahat was PAG and "10" like? opinions?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bushwhacker, Oct 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    For those of us who wanted to but couldn't attend the festivities today.......how was it?
    cars, attendance, location and of course the coffee/breakfast?

2. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    PAG

I liked it.

There was a featured cars section. This week it was certain Porsche's.
    There was also enough parking...and it filled up = a lot of cars!
    I was there at 6:45 and it was neat to just stand at the enterance and watch them all pull in. There were two places to get coffee.

Good: It can fit more cars in the display area and there was plenty of other parking. Therefore, it wasn't such a mad race to get a spot. Nice bathrooms and nice security people. You felt like you were invited, more organized, and more like a car show. A lot more of a open area...you could see and hear the cars coming down Gateway.

Bad: Food? Didn't see any. No palm trees, ocean, or PCH.

I prefer it because you can take your time, cruz in, and find a parking spot.

3. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    C&C was outstanding !!! Great set up and environment, great turnout ( incredible showing of vintage F-cars ) the feature porsche lot was awesome, just cool in every way. Muffins ! Great Coffee ! Fresh bananas and apples ! all served by friendly people at a reasonable price. I'll be back next week w/ my car for sure.

Nice job you guys....

did not do the "10" meet.

-L

4. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    whats the featured parking area? is it something that is controlled or is it just wherever the largest group of the same car decides to park? sorry just curious sounds interesting and I didnt get a chance to get up there today

5. yellowpad

yellowpad Karting

Feb 17, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Full Name:
    Calvin
    IMO, it was very well done...one side with three lots for show only and another lot for spectators. While I didn't see any RAC, there were a handful of people that directed traffic. As such, it was controlled. Like others have mentioned, foods were gone by the 7am? :) Regardless, I didn't go for the foods...I went for the people and cars. I think I like this better than CC. Thanks to all that made this happen.

6. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It is controlled. There was a C&C sign informing people that it was a featured car section.

7. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Lou
    I completely missed you this morning, but saw everyone else it seems like.

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I thought PAG was pretty good. Yeah, there's no beach, but still a nice turnout. Only time will tell if it continues.

Thank you to Ford PAG for hosting this event. It is nice to see that the spirit of CC will live on.

Dom

9. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    so how doesa group get to be asigned that section?

10. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Car clubs or groups can reserve the "Featured Marque Salon" (it'll hold about 50 cars)for any future Saturday so they can have the whole area for their corral. Goal is to encourage car clubs to come out in force and share their marque. Just contact Tom Shaughnessy(he doesn't know it yet) to put your club on the calender. By the way, Thanks everyone for coming out !!!

Freeman

11. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    I just did a post for autoblog on the Mazda/PAG show. It should be up in a little while:
    http://autoblog.com

I also swung by the Panini/Ten/Tentation lot afterwards and talked to Brandon (OCKLASSE). About 10 cars showed up there during the morning and got to see the Redline Enzo, SLR, Murci Roadster and Ford GT on display. Not sure whether or not they will be there EVERY week, but it made for quite a sight. If you want a more intimate meeting spot, this would probably be better for you. Just make sure to use the Birch or Campus entrances for more f-car friendly curbs. And in case you've never been there, the food and bev at the restaurants is really good. They will be doing another screening of the Redline movie in Tentation on Oct. 30. That's a week from Monday night.

12. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    My contact information is [email protected] or ring me at (949) 378 8405

The event today was over the top!!!!! Some fine tuning being done for the next gathering, minor. Coffee earlier!

The 911S Registry and R Grouppe participants did a outright fabulous showing of their enthusiasm. I was told eighty five 911's were present. Being Freeman did such a GREAT job, maybe he should continue to be the keeper of the coral. I am not worthy of filling those shoes. Forum, may I nominate Freeman Thomas for KEEPER of the CORAL, can someone second the nomination!

GREAT JOB to EVERYONE !! Event Organizers, Security, Food Concession, Traffic Directors, Participants, and Spectators. We couldn't have asked for a better first outing. Thank you Southern California Car Enthusiasts!

BTW Freeman is away from the computer for the next couple of hours, Please second and third and fourth that nomination. He will not be able to say NO
    (and get me off the hook).

13. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Too late Tom, You're it!!!

Freeman

14. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Thanks to everyone for doing a great job hosting all of us crazies. It was a great first event for the PAG and for both the old crowd and the newcomers. This could only happen in Southern California, lets all participate in making it work.
    No, that doesnt mean I want to manage the corral, Tom did a great job!
    Malcolm Barksdale

15. dan993

dan993 Karting

Jan 16, 2005
    O.C.
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Great day. Thanks to all.

Rumblings about next week and conflict with Mazda event. Can we get some clarification?

16. old nart

old nart Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    John Clinard
    For months, Mazda has planned to host Sevenstock (www.sevenstock.org) which is a gathering of several hundred rotary-engine Mazdas ... bring you ear plugs! So, they'll have the very lot that C&C was in today and we'll be relegated to being "spectators" in the huge lot that is across Gateway from the PAG and Mazda buildings. (This lot belongs to Irvine Co and Mazda has rented it for the day next Saturday.) This means the format that we experienced today will not happen next Saturday. We'll be in a sea of rotorheads, could be fun. Then, we will return to today's format in two weeks, November 4.

17. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    #17 shaughnessy, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some photos of how the 911S Registry and R Grouppe filled up the the Salon Area. Gonna be a tough act to follow, but we can try!! These pictures will show the 40-50 spaces we have available.

The corral area is currently not planned for every week, at this point. Triumph and British car club have asked for the second Saturday in NOV. No one else scheduled.

Just a thought, annually the national event for car clubs wind up in southern CA. Rolls Royce was here couple years back, Alfa nationals, Ferrari nationals etc. We would be delighted to host, in this dedicated area, any club having their annual event Saturday AM. Possibly making this part of the ride and drive, on their event calender. I know the Porsche parade is coming up next summer in San Diego and Wavecrest(annual Woodie convention in Encinitas, hope this is the correct name) occur every year. Get the word out to the organizers as we would be delighted to incorporate the Salon area and feature their marque. We can then show out of town car enthusiasts what the southern California car culture is all about, in return for the particular club sharing their vehicles. Everyone is welcome!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. RickDay246

RickDay246 Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rick Day
    It's been a while since I've been to Crystal Cove, and I'm up to date on this relocation. Looking at the pix recently posted, do you people realize how lucky we are to have so many people willing to bring out such terrific machines all in one place?! Yikes. Can't wait to come up in my 348 Spider!

19. bushwhacker

bushwhacker In Memoriam

May 25, 2006
    Phoenix Az.
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Wow! The pics of PAG look amazing ! Great job guys! Bummed that I missed the first event but Eugenio is just about finished with the "major" on the car as well as installing some Hyper Flow Cats so looking forward to being there in a couple weeks.
    Tom is the cafeteria open or is there just someone selling coffee/muffins, etc. outside?
    Oh, and sorry about the bad spelling on the header (Wahat) Arrrrg! too big of a hurry:)
    ....Bush

20. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Both inside and out. Fancy coffee drinks inside. Improvements in this area, which was pretty darn good for an unexpected 600+ people first outing, soon to follow. We are listening. Wasn't bad, promise will get better!

I am going to attend Mazda Seven Stock (www.sevenstock.org) event next week at PAG. Expand my horizons. When this concept came up, mind you only 2 weeks ago, no one realized once a year Mazda had this event. Previously Mazda held it at their old facility on Redhill near John Wayne airport. Little inconvenient, C&C gathering place will be in another parking lot right across the street, but something we can work with. The next week on, it will be business as usual at PAG with C&C. Only one week out of the year.

21. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Well worth the drive IMO. Hopefully every turnout is just as big. Just make sure to arrive at or before 7 so you can enjoy 2 killer hours of car madness.

22. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I went a few years ago - it's REALLY cool to see the things that Mazda pulls out of their archives for this event. Le Mans winning racecars, etc., and they even fired them up! (unfortunately was after I left though). Even had some of their race drivers there to sign stuff, etc.

Check http://sevenstock.org/Photos/Sevenstock7/ (not my pics) for some of the stuff I saw when I was there. You don't have to be a Mazda or Japanese import fan to enjoy some of the things this show has to offer...

23. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    I can let someone I know who dooes a lot of the organizing for the Woody Club know about this.

24. sportcars14a

sportcars14a Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Is this going to be every week?? If not what can we go to that will be every week?

25. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, every week and indefinately, for now.