f chat population in florida | Page 2 | FerrariChat

f chat population in florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by tatcat, Oct 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Colorado Nazis?? That is hilarious!! I do not drink beer very often, but when I do, its Coors Lite or Corona Light. Just like wine, beer is a personal taste thing. What's the alternative, Bud Lite? Miller Lite? Yuk.

Yes, there is a hotel, right off the plaza in Celebrations. I think its called, hold on, it coming to me, something unusual, the Celebrations Hotel?

Besides, we are all staying at Simon's house, aren't we??

2. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I was there wandering around. I wasn't up for socializing, I apologize. I hope you all had a good time.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I believe so. I got dibs on the pool!

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    OK, fine, its yours. I get the master bedroom.

5. mystery

mystery Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2006
    New Port Richey
    Full Name:
    Tina
    That was great!

6. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I think a state wide meet would be great... been away for awhile and need to get back into things... Count me in also.

7. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Can someone fill the clueless in on the Coors Light gag?

8. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Dibs on the primary guest room!

9. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

No way, you are staying at the Marriott Courtyard around the corner from your house. The rest of us get your house.
    :}

10. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    haha, poor simon.

11. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I'll just stay at my neighbor's place... if you behave they might invite you over... :D

12. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    did a search a found many great photos of lots of great cars. do you have to register with someone to get in? how much? is space limited? does one of the event organisers post here? how close to orlando? nearby hotels for a group rate? six months seems far off but when putting a big event together is like six weeks. it seems like we could put close to 100 cars together. of course if 100 say they'll be there you can count on ten showing up.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I might be wrong, but I think there were 200 cars with half of them being Ferraris. Space is limited and you have to register at a cost I'm not familiar with (ask Simon). It's really not far at all from Orlando. The distance from downtown Orlando to downtown Celebration is about 20 miles. Most hotels on International Drive are only 10 miles from Celebration.

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Jeff Ipoliti (Jeff512TR) is one of the main people involved with the show.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?u=7227

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102942&highlight=celebration

Space is limited. Fantastic Event.

PM me if you need more info.

Simon

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    There are some shows you want to enter your car. Then there are some shows that are more fun looking at everybody elses cars.

Celebrations is one that I just like to look. Most of the cars are of fantastic quality.

16. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm going to it next year, I missed out on it last year, forgot to go and didn't think it was going to be that good, guess i was wrong!

17. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    I live in south florida (weston) and would like to get together with the F-chatters. It sounds like fun. I have participated in Cars for the Cure for the last 2 years in Orlando. I believe that it is in March, in Lake Mary (Orlando). There really was not a big turnout of Ferrari's (approx. 5 to 10).

The cars for the cure is for a great cause and it is very organized. About 100 to 150 cars. I had a porsche during that time and drove up from south florida on both years with not less that 10 porsches. We had a great time. We met on the Turnpike and then drove up together.

That would be my vote. We could all plan on staying at the same hotel and then get together on Friday night for dinner. Then attend the show on Sat.

18. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    The Navy just moved me to Pensacola from Great Lakes, Illinois where I was in boot camp. Looking forward to meeting some local FChat people once I finally leave base!

19. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I went to the cars for the cure, this year, it was a great show, even though the weather started out bad, it cleared up!

20. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    i guess the question is do we want to be part of a big thing, like celebration, or something smaller.

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    My questions would be:

1) Since we are on FChat, which event draws the most Ferraris?

2) Which venue has restaurants surrounding the show where we can meet, eat, and also watch the cars?

That is the venue for which I would "vote".

22. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well, as we've stated before, it's probably Celebration.

23. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    will the entry fee be an issue or will it keep some from attending? will we enter the show or meet somewhere and drive to the show?

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Doesn't cost anything for a spectator to enter Celebrations, except possibly parking. I do not know about Cars For The Cure, likely similar.

This past year we all met at the show, as some members had their cars on display. Easier that way.

25. jeff512tr

jeff512tr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    Celebration, FL
    Hello!
    The Celebration Exotic Car Festival to benefit Make-A-Wish will take place the weeknd of April 20-22, 2007.
    For those who have not been, this is a full weekend dedicated to exotic cars. This past April we had over 200 exotics- including the Bugatti Veyron, MC-12, FXX, McLaren F1, and over 100 Ferraris. It is a 100% charity event- this year we raised $120,000 for Make-A-Wish!
    We have some very special surprises in store for 2007. Here is the schedule:
    FRIDAY 4/20: Welcome cocktail party, dinner and entertainment at the Columbia restuarant in Celebration
    SATURDAY 4/21: Judged concours along the waterfront downtown of Celebration. We use the FCA Platinum-Gold-Silver judging and awards system, with the winners driving their cars to the podium at the end of the day to recieve their trophies
    SATURDAY night: BIG change coming for our Saturday night event. The black tie thing is gone, and has been replaced with a party that you wil not believe! The party is being held at an exclsuive Disney venue, and will include cocktails, dinner, charity auction, private viewing of the fireworks, and entertainment that will be absolutely awesome! Watch for the details to be announced at Cavallino in January, but I promise this will be THE party of the year!
    SUNDAY 4/22: Rally, followed by an awards brunch

The host hotel is the Celebration Hotel, whoch is in the center of town (walk out the door to the concours.) We have held the entire hotel for the weekend- but call early for reservations as there are only 116 rooms and it sells out quick. The number is 407-761-7777. Make sure you mention the Exotic Car Festival to get the group rate!

Our website wil be updated for 2007 soon, and registration for the event begins in January. If you need information please contact me directly!

Looking forward to the big F-Chat meeting at the event!

Jeff Ippoliti
    www.celebrationexoticcars.com