Ferraris At Winterpark Concours (Photos) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferraris At Winterpark Concours (Photos)

Discussion in 'Florida' started by RP, Oct 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I would rather watch synchronized swimming...

2. dlynes

dlynes Formula 3

Oct 16, 2004
    Augusta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Dave
    wow...my kinda "shop" beautiful!!

looks like another great event i missed out on!! great pictures!!

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    why, oh why did i not leave the abyss of Georgia and go this this.... ?????

great pics folks, that shop is breathtaking. i think i have a new set of goals now ......

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Hey Dave, next year come to Winterpark. But before then, plan to go to Celebrations in Kissimmee in April. Probably the biggest gathering of Ferraris outside of Cavallino. And it is free to attend. Nice restaurants that have bathrooms with real doors, they serve Coors Lite, and they have sinks you will not mistake for urinals. Whoops!!! So sorry about that Luma management, use Lysol!

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I can't believe that hamburger came out to $16 with tip (only had water). I guess that's what happens when the bill comes for the damn a/c being set to 50 degrees! I couldn't feel my fingers after an hour or so and we were sitting there for over 3. lol!

6. mystery

mystery Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2006
    New Port Richey
    Full Name:
    Tina
    And it felt good didn't it!! It was brutal outside that day!

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The weather right now is nice and my windows are open, but yesterday was terrible. I'm not a fan of really cold temps and the restaurant was downright freezing. I was there for ~4 hours. Ron left before the post-race coverage. ;)

I PM'd Simon when I found out yesterday was a record setting day in Orlando. The all-time high was 89 on that day, but yesterday was 91. :eek:

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I left, and it took me two hours to feel the heat again. That restaurant, Luma, was really ridiculous. Would never recommend it, won't go back. Food was overpriced and very mediocre. Just like South Beach!

Everyone in the bar was watching the race, and the fact that we could not listen to it, only hear it, was so silly. Luma sucked big time!!!

9. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Luma has awesome blueberry martinis.

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    If I remember correctly, that is what you were drinking last April at the luncheon we had during the Celebrations show.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    You know, I really don't think it was. I can't remember the name of it though...

Edit: Apple?

12. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Nice collection.
    Re: Bachman – Yes, great people. Martha is wonderful and her Ferrari knowledge is remarkable. She is one of the toughest judges on the circuit and knows every nuance inside and out...

13. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    No, that was a cherrytini... it tasted like Robitussin, but I didn't want to complain. Haha...

For what it's worth... (if you're in Orlando and looking for a place to go...)

The blueberry martinis at Luma are awesome, but I usually ask that they strain all the blueberries out of it so that they don't get stuck in my teeth, that could be really embarrassing! :D

I've grown tired of the downtown scene so, I've been at Luma, Wine Bar, and 310 a lot lately. All of them are nice places and the people are much more classy. I actually took a recommendation for Beluga from someone on this site and my friends and I weren't too pleased with it. The vibe was cold and the people were definitely a generation or two older than us.

Blue Martini is nice during the week, Park Ave is good for weekends, and if you're looking to get a nice Italian dinner and a good drink or two check out Ultra Luce which is located in Heathrow across from Dexter's. Hue is also a great restaurant with an upbeat atmosphere and is located downtown.

I still need to check out Del Frisco's... maybe we'll do that this week.

14. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Damn, was there from the 22nd-29th, first day in work today. Wish I had known about this :(