Winter Park Concours October 22 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Winter Park Concours October 22

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Simon^2, Sep 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    coverage starts at 12:30. Race starts at 1:00

I think we should get a table for 12:30 or 1:00 near the bar... close to the TV. Tentative plan anyway...

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    What size TV is it if you know?

What time do you plan to be at the show? I'm thinking about getting there early to see the cars drive in and to get a good parking spot.

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I think they want us there between 8 and 8:30... Shotgun seat is empty for the drive down, but I'm not sure how you'd get your car back...

It just a bar, so TV's maybe 25" or 27" on the wall. don't expect a 72" plasma! Might be able to get a store to show the race if they have a TV... not sure if there is one...

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Damn, I was expecting at least a 10 foot plasma, man! lol Count me in. :)

Ah...sucks about riding shotgun. I only live 5 minutes from WP so at least I can get some extra sleep and see you guys pull up. :)

5. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    hey simon, i'll probably give you a hello again, and if any other Fchatter is around you as well, but i'm just going to be at the show :)

6. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey Simon,

count me in for lunch. I couldnt bear not knowing what is going to happen during Shumi's last race, and to top it off have someone on the street tell me what happened before i got see it on tv would drive me nuts.

thanks
    Jason

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Suggestion: Stop by the F40 by 11 AM. I am hoping to be there early myself. I would like to get to the restaurant by 12:30 to listen to the pre-race commentary. Always something interesting.

Leaving for Lakeland shortly.

8. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
  9. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Nice seeing you all there. Congrats to Simon for winning the preservation contemporary award best of show (I think that's what it was called). I wont' spoil it for anyone, but man that race was killing me. Hopefully you're watching it right now at the shop with Kevin, Simon. I know you had to watch your car like a hawk!

I wish I could've gone to the bbq, but I'm dead tired and about to sleep. I don't think I could've gone through watching that Brazil GP again because it was just a sad thing to see. :( I don't think it has hit me or Ron with the fact that MS will not race again. It doesn't seem real yet.

11. mystery

mystery Formula Junior

Apr 20, 2006
    New Port Richey
    Full Name:
    Tina
    I just got back from the Concourse... had an excellent time! It was such a pleasure meeting you Simon and Ron and well... everyone!!! Would the owner of the 355 please remind me of your name? I am Horrible with names and I do apologise, but Thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to sit in and photo op with your car.... and the same for you too Simon!

I've got what seems like a million photos from today... so I'll go through them in a few minutes and pick some to post. Maybe it would be easier to just create a webpage and put them all on there? I'll look into that too... :)

Thank you all again! I had the most fansatic weekend and I'm looking forward to the next event!!

12. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
  13. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    nice seeing simon and tifosifan again. Simon kind of found me first though lol.

decided I was ready to leave by 2. it was a good show though. I really liked that blue/gold striped hertz Shelby GT350.

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Nice meeting you also Tina. Congratulations Simon!

15. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
  16. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Hahaha.. thanks. :)

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I was wondering where you were today, actually.

18. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    wow alot of show/meets happend today. i did know about this one tho....nice turn out

19. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I'm always on Park Ave. on Sundays so, of course I was there. I really wasn't in the mood to socialize and the screw on my sunglasses fell out last night so, I had to have them fixed at Solstice before anything. I'm usually up for meets, but it was really hot, I'm kind of sick, and I was extremely cranky. Haha... I didn't want to share my crappy mood. I got Starbucks, took pictures, and went to Crispers in Winter Park Village for a late lunch.

I hope you all had a good time. I'll do my best to get together next time. :)

20. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    I must say I was a bit let down with the quality of the show along with the turn out. the only highlights IMO were the,

Carrera GT (Parked of the path)
    Ford GT (very nice color)
    Simon's F-40 (always nice to see an F-40)
    360's (along with the CS)

other than that not impressive, should have stayed home

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    For what it is, it was a nice show. I do not expect Amelia. But then the real reason to go to a show like Winterpark is to see all the people. To chat wih old friends and make new ones. Meeting Jim May. I for one am glad I went.

The only disappointment in the day was on the TV at about 1:20 PM.

22. RadAL

RadAL Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    Jacksonville, FL
    Full Name:
    Alex
    maybe it was a let down because of the F1 Fans out there? :p

23. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Based on the cars you like you might as well go to a high end dealer or walk around South Beach. I see F 360s all the time but when was the last time you saw BB512, Dino, or a Gullwing Mercedes? I went to the Collection a few months ago and they let me sit in Carrera GT. I thought the show was great and I loved the setting. That street was incredible. I ate at Del Friscos Steak house and it was great. The food at 312 was also great! It was an awesome time!

24. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    You are right. But then I see a Boxer almost daily, and there is usually two or three Dinos at Tim Stanford's. I grew up with two Gullwings, so............:}

25. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Ron - Your parents had 2 Gullwings? Very cool.

This was the first Winter Park that I missed in 4 years...

Does anyone know if Tim Stanford trophyed?