2006 Yamaho R1 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2006 Yamaho R1

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by tpower22, Mar 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Good deal. Nice way to go. get some experience on two wheels. Drop it a few times, hurt yerself a little :D, get some respect for what can happen when you come off a motorcycle even at slow speeds.

ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR. it will save you 10x its cost in hospital bills and 10x the pain of putting it all on in pain from injury.

Ride alot. Enjoy it. A SuperMotard may be in your future :D

2. tpower22

tpower22 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2005
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks Choptop. I bought all the gear right after getting the bike. With the bike and the gear I actually look like someone that knows what he's doing. hahaha. I've already been bounced off once, so got that out of the way.

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That's the steepest track I've ever seen.

4. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    :D

turn 2 at sears is one of the toughest turns in motorcycle racing. Blind, uphill, off chamber, you can take the approach faster than you think you can, you have to take the exit slower than you think you can, you have to modulate the throttle just right or a high side is in your imediate future, you have to get your body position just right or a low side is in your imediate future, and you have to get it all just right or the bike behind you will eat your lunch going into Turn 3 (its a hard pass to make, but it can be done if you screw up 2 and the passer gets it right).

I'm talking at race pace.

Anyone can do it at trackday pace, and even then its scary.

at AFM race pace its nuts.
    at AMA race pace its just plain insane.

fun to say the least. :D

btw, its sooooo easy in a car :D

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    The funny thing is, the people with the WRONG gear are the ones who know what they're doing!

You can always tell a rookie, the one with the all the color-scheme matching leathers, gloves and helmet, its a dead giveaway!

just teasin'..

6. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Congratulations, and welcome to our world.
    It's refreshing for me to learn that you bought all the gear- SMART MOVE. I am evidence, (unfortunately), that the gear will work. Please wear it.
    Glad to hear your riding in the dirt first. That's how I did it and I learned LOTS. I'm still learning lots today. Welcome to the club.
    J

7. rsvmille676

rsvmille676 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    G-town
    Full Name:
    Scott Major
    Congrats on the new bike. A whole new world awaits you.

Cheers!

Scotty

8. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    ATTENTION NEW RIDERS:

DO NOT BUY A CHEAP ie: "MADE IN CHINA" HELMET!

BUY THE BEST HELMET YOU CAN AFFORD.

YOUR HEAD (AND LIFE) ARE WORTH MORE THAN $99.99!!!!!

I'm sure everyone and other riders will agree.

9. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Not about money ^_^

You buy something slow in order to improve rider skill. People that start on large bikes are generally poor riders. But I guess you "ferrari" people are more into looks than performance, from what it sounds like.

10. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    The Monster S2R is actually a very good beginner bike. So you made a good choice.

The upright riding position is good to learn on, its not as aggressive and as fast as a 999 or other sp bike.