Maserati Coupé GrandSport | FerrariChat

Maserati Coupé GrandSport

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by jack, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Look at this site :

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/motor_show/geneva/preview/ferrari/index.html

My dealer said me the a "Trofeo Stradale" will be announced at the Geneva Show in March: sportier suspension, brakes, tires and interior, 150kg less (?!), 20hp more... I have an option for the first car in Switzerland for July this year!... I will take it in mettalic-red (customized paint same as the red Honda CBR 1100) with beige/black interior... I hope the price will not be too high!

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    i am sorry if this is a stupid question but not sure if this is a street legal car?

3. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Yes I am sure. It is not a racing car but a sportier version of the Coupé.

4. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'm looking forward to seeing that MC 12 road car.

5. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    "Stradale" is Italian for "Street".

Anytime you see Ferrari using "Stradale" in a model name from here on out, it's intended for legal street usage.

Wonder if it will get the ceramic brake package...

6. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Jack, if this is what the car will look like it's a winner.

7. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    More info from Maserati Forum:
    ...It has 400hp, superb addons for the body, 19in wheels, nicer exhaust, sportier F1 shift, lighter but not sure about 150 kg which would be great, bucket seats but still useable rear seats, and unfortunately, it has a rear wing, but according to my friend, it's not too big.
    Presentation indeed in Geneva in less than two weeks now.

8. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Grand Sport? That looks just like the street legal Maserati here in the US, the 'Coupe' or the 'Spyder'. In some Euro countries I think its called the '4200GTS' or pretty close to that.

I want an MC 12. That looks a lot better than the lump-nosed Enzo.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I've thought for a while what the Coupe needs is a ducktail ala 355 or 575... I might try and photoshop one up...

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  11. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    mmmmh....I think the name is the same all round the world: in Italy it's Spyder/coupé too; the old version, with a 3.200 V6 turbo engine, was called 3.200 GT and was a bit different outside and inside by the Coupé V8 ;)

12. CraigW

CraigW Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    London
    Full Name:
    Craig Williams
    Jack, where is the maserati forum please ?

13. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    GrandSport? The Italians are stealing names from Corvette?

14. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
  15. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    It seems it is GranSport withoud "d". This name was used with previous Maserati cars like 1957 Maserati CC Gransport Convertible.

16. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Folks. Just got this from my Maserati newsletter. You can get more details via their website. I might take a look later today... I have to say, the more aggressive exterior is very appealing IMO...

"Dear Maseratisti,

It gives us great pleasure to announce a world exclusive in this special newsletter for registered users of the Maserati Owners’ site - the launch of a new Maserati which will be presented at the 74th International Motor Show in Geneva.

The new model, called the GranSport, accentuates the sporty nature typical of all Trident Granturismo cars. The GranSport name hails from the best traditions of the marque: in the 1950s it was adopted for an elegant 2-litre coupé designed by Carrozzeria Frua on the frame of the famous A6 G. The new Gransport is an alternative to the Coupé from which it is distinguished by a series of aesthetic modifications and performance enhancements that give it a muscular character."

"GranSport - You can find out more about the new model by visiting the “GranSport” section in "Cars". And do not miss the exclusive interviews, short films and the minisite dedicated to the GranSport, all available immediately after the unveiling in Geneva."