Anyone Doing Their Own Maintenance F430 | FerrariChat

Anyone Doing Their Own Maintenance F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by FloridaChris, Oct 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
    I'm due for my first annual service. The actual service called out looks pretty trivial. I've got a fully equipped shop and lift at home and am thinking about doing the service myself, not to save $, just because I enjoying working on my own cars. Since this is my first Ferrari I thought I'd ask what others have done and what dealers think about owner service. Obviously I'll keep receipts for proof. Thanks for your thoughts.

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Chris what is the first service, a fluid change I would imagine. If you had to do any adjusting on the F1 you probably need an S3 Computer.

3. Philip in AL

Philip in AL Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    This brings up a point. I was told by the dealer that I bought my 430 from, that if anyone else besides a Ferrari Dealer changes the oil, it could void my warranty. Is this true?

4. FloridaChris

FloridaChris Karting

Nov 22, 2004
    Gulf Stream, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris Wheeler
    The first scheduled service is at 5K miles. I am not there yet, so I am looking at doing the twelve month items. There are two things that need to be done at twelve months irrespective of mileage; oil change and brake fluid change. No F1 adjustments. Looks like about an hours work to me once you have her on the lift.

5. masterlu

masterlu Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Florida, Cape Cod MA
    Full Name:
    Ivan
    I was told the same by my Dealer, the only thing I did myself was change out Carbon Fiber parts.

6. vanny

vanny Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    buffalo ny
    Full Name:
    van molenberg
    i called the dealer about my oil change who is about 90 miles away..he sent me a description on how to change the oil..does not void warranty.in doing so i probably saved $100..

7. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    What about service history and residual value - I don't mean to sound rude about your mechanical abilities (I'm the biggest mechanical dunderhead going - when I retire in 30 years, then I'll learn to do my own maintenance on all the classics I'll have acquired by then) but on this side of the pond, I wouldn't go near a Ferrari (certainly not a recent one like an F430) if it hadn't been serviced by an official dealer. Older cars, I guess it doesn't matter so much, so I guess my point is slightly dependent on how long you intend to keep the car for.