Just got my Scag! | FerrariChat

Just got my Scag!

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tifosi12, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just received my 1/18 Scaglietti from Mattel. I know some folks on here are not terribly hot when it comes to Mattel, but I think they did a nice job on this one. I'd say their level of detail is increasing. This one even has writing on the brake calibers.

The color is red. That is not the ideal color I have to say though. I saw the real car in blue and that looked a lot better.

2. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Congrats Tifosi !! Im bidding mine on Ebay !!! I want m1ne in my house already ....

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While comparing the model with the 1/18 550 or the 456 I noticed how much bigger the 612 is. I always thought the 612 is only a tad bigger in real life than the 456, but based on the model this would make it at least a foot longer if not more.

Anybody got the length data handy?

4. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Congrats! Maybe you can paint the blue you like for the 612. :p I know, red is the first one that comes out. I'm surprise that they didn't even make a red F50. Shame on them! I'm still waiting for the stores to get the 612 in. Crossing my fingers as I will be heading to orange county next week just to see if they will have it.