Dino 308 GT4 Script | FerrariChat

Dino 308 GT4 Script

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dom, Oct 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    My car is one of those cars that has had the Dino 308 GT4 script on the trunk replaced with a Ferrari script.

I ordered a Dino308Gt4 from an e-bay seller based on info on this thread:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125580

Today I received the script (Looks great, by the way), and took a look at what I had on the car (OK, I probably should have done this BEFORE ordering the script).

Sure enough, the Ferrari script has the bolts in a different location than the 308 GT4 script. It looks like someone drilled new holes for the Ferrari script, and the original holes were covered up by the Ferrari script.

If I were to replace the Ferrari Script with the Dino 308GT4 script, it would leave 2 holes in the trunk.

So, I could do the following:

1) Leave the Ferrari script in place, but drill a couple holes either above or below it and place the ferrari script there (i.e., I would have both the Ferrari script and the Dino script on the trunk lid).

2) Leave it as is, and either sell the Dino script, or keep it for some future use

3) Is it possible to fill in the holes that were drilled for the Ferrari script? I doubt it, since matching the old paint would be pretty tough. I may be SOL with this one...

What do you guys think?

Dom

2. 78-308gt4

78-308gt4 Formula Junior

May 22, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    DON'T put it on in addition to the Ferrai script. I've seen pictures of gt4s with both and if you can't tell I think it looks horrible.

Save it until you decide to have your trunk lid refinished. Other gt4 owners here have had little trouble getting a paint shop to match their paint.

3. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    These are my thought exactly

4. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Dom,

The trunk would be the easiest part to take off and paint unlike my hood thats needs work!!

I agree paint the trunk and replace, but you know me!! If you are lucky the new badge will cover the old holes!! :)

BTW dont anyone buy a set from a guy in AUS or NZ I forgot where but it was a very bad set, he says its off his car but I saw the ad at least 5 times now.

There is a guy in Italy that has perfect ones hopefully that is what you got!

Rob

5. kjtar

kjtar Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Full Name:
    Thomas A Reynolds
    I think these might also be available from Black Bart's Emporium, but not sure. I agree with not putting both badges on, it would look terrible IMO. Save it in a safe place and wait until you refinish the trunklid. Enjoy the car, I miss mine.
    Tom Reynolds
    Tulsa, OK
    formerly owner of 'Mario', '78 308gt4 now living happily in NC.