Standing mile runs today in my Z06 | FerrariChat

Standing mile runs today in my Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by alanhenson, Oct 29, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Went out to the Texas mile run today in Goliad Texas. They rented out an airstrip at a small airport today and tomorrow for 1 mile runs. I'll start by saying it was a blast, an absolute blast If you haven't done it, you have to try it. It's wicked lining up knowing your about to do 175-180mph without getting a ticket.

There were all kinds of cars and bikes out there today. I was probably one of just a few midly modified vehicles. The rest were very modified. There was also some really wicked modified motorcylces.
    I ran very well by all accounts. I took my GT2 timer so I could time it as well to get some 0-180mph. Recent reviews in a German magazine had this time at 41 seconds for the Z06 and I knew it was wrong. I did 3 passes that were 175, 175.6 and 178.3. These passes were all about 27 seconds long. My 0-180 time was 27.9 seconds. Alot faster than the german rag had which leads me to believe they were sandbagging or outright lying.

To be fair my car does have 22 more dyno confirmed hp than stock. All passes were done on stock tires with 93 octane gas. No race gas.
    This was on a landing strip so traction was terrible. The 0-180 could probably have been 1 second faster.

I ran tied with an R1 motorcyle. He said he was running as fast as he could. There were some Hyabusas running near 200. The fastest Busa ran 230mph.

The lone Ford GT ran back to back 169s. I believe other Zs were running mid 175s as well. Some guy took vids of me in hi def. I'll get the links fom him and post them asap.

You guys need to try this. It was so much fun I nearly pissed myself at 180.

2. JZ TWINS

JZ TWINS Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    I have seen video's before. Looks like alot of fun. Cant wait to see your video

3. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Does sound like a blast!!!

How do you hear about these things???

4. angrydrone

angrydrone Rookie

Oct 12, 2005
    north Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Chris
  5. JZ TWINS

JZ TWINS Karting

Sep 5, 2006
    Man, trying to post a video but having a little problems. Not my car though

6. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    What year/model Z06 do you have?? A few weeks ago I was doing some 40 mph rolling 1/2 mile runs with some bikes & cars, but I only got up to 150. It was part of a DVD production. It was fun, until it was stopped by some officials.

7. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Thanks for the link!!! You may see me out there in March!!!

8. angrydrone

angrydrone Rookie

Oct 12, 2005
    north Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yeah I would really like to go to one. IDK if I would run my car bc it is quite slow but it would still be fun.

Chris

9. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    An 06 according to his profile.