MONDIAL 3.2 STARTER REMOVAL | FerrariChat

MONDIAL 3.2 STARTER REMOVAL

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ENZ10 1, Nov 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    managed to obtain a new replacement complete Bosch starter assembly for my Mondial 3.2 but it looks ex tight to remove, any links or tips please, have removed the lower heat shield bolt, cant see any above but there obviously R some, wires seem easy enough? only 2 large bolts secure it right?
    many thanks for any help
    js

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I'm not sure if you have to remove the rear headers, I think the easiest way is through the wheel arch by removing the inner arch panel

3. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    While I have not done it, I seem to remember someone telling me that it can be done by removing both (l & r) wheel splash guards to loosen it and free it from the left -- but then you have to remove the alternator on the right and bring it out the other side.
    Good luck!

4. ENZ10 1

ENZ10 1 Karting

Aug 22, 2006
    stoke on trent
    Full Name:
    john stephenson
    many thanks, I will give it my best shot on saturday
    js

5. geekstreet

geekstreet Karting

Feb 7, 2005
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cam
    There are 3 bolts, not 2. Then tap to loosen.

It needs to be rolled around a bit to get it to pass out above the chassis rail, but it does fit.

6. jh355

jh355 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Halluci-Nation
    Full Name:
    Craven Morehead
    1) Disconnect the battery (IMPORTANT)

2.) Remove Left rear tire and inner fiberglass splash shields.

3) Disconnect the wires going to the starter; this includes the battery and alternator mains and one small wire on solenoid.

4.) Remove the starter heat shield, two 13 mm bolts (long extension and swivel socket) on the exhaust manifold, one 10 mm on the lower section of the heat shield.

5.) Remove the vertical manifold heat shield, two 10 mm bolts. Bottom one is easy, top is a bugger you will have to undo both sides with one hand (practicing Yoga first will help).

6) Remove the 10 mm nut and 17 mm bolt on the starter bracket holding the starter to the block.

7) Remove the three 13 mm bolts from the front of starter, holding it into the clutch bell housing.

8) The starter can be manipulated out around the headers; twisting it upside down is easier.

While your in there, you may want to think about replacing the clutch slave cylinder and hose, usually the hose is rotten and the cylinder is weeping a little. Now’s the time.