Discussion Topic: UK Subscription | FerrariChat

Discussion Topic: UK Subscription

Discussion in 'FerrariChat.com UK Workshop' started by Hud, Nov 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Should there be sub-sections for subscribed members? What are the advantages and dis-advantages of unsubscribed members being able to view all threads in the UK section? What perks should subscription bring? Should unsubscribed members be able to view model specific technical threads?

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    there is already a subscribed section in main forum , rob. I can't see what benefit will be gained from adding a UK subscribed section. FWIW, i think you'll get more interest leaving things as they are . Non subscribed members can see what's happening locally [ie UK forum] and decide if it's worth subscribing to whole forum

3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not everyone uses the main forum tho, I rarely used it. The current subscribed section was and is never really used by any of us. It might be that a designated subcribed UK section might be of more use. Why should someone who pays diddly squat be entitled to view everything in the UK bit?

4. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    never ever use or used the main forum, except if someone posts up a link to an interesting thread (like the alamo one ;))

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Under your proposals, what will be viewable by subscribed/non subscribed members? Most users here and elsewhere tend to use the forum just as a chat room, check up on meets in their area etc.

6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    IMHO definitely no to a Subscribed section, it creates an us and them and will do nothing to entice new people, we need to get away from the view that occasional posters should have less rights than others.

Overall I think you should bring close the events section so that the activity is brought into the main area, if you have too many sections they die, just look at CS, if we can get the volume of threads and posts up in the main area,back ot where it was 18 months ago then maybe look at other sections if it is in anyway unmangeable. it is however right to keep all the o/t stuff in a separate area.

I used to enjoy coming on here and getting to know people for mall over the World but then Rob started breaking it down into regions, then car types then off topic etc etc and now all I look at the UK and Europe

7. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not my proposal - its just a perspective. I want to listen to all your views before any proposals are made.

8. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Agreed ref the events on front page. Events create so much interaction and positive conversation.

A concern of putting ALL banter to the back room might look that the forum is stale tho...If its all facts and figures and technical that may not create enough interaction to keep people visiting?

(I know I'm crossing two thread topics but i guess that was inevitable!!)

9. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    again slightly off topic, but when you click on the uk section I think it would be better to have 3 sections, Ferrari Related, Events and Backroom banter. The user is then faced with three simple choices aint he?? I would prob only use the events and banter, Mark Collins may only use the events and Ferrari section, but rather than a new user being faced with loads of tech threads etc, he has a choice...

10. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agreed, there are enough Tech Sections on the other parts of the forum.

11. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I agree you should be posting your tech questions in the general tech area of Fchat not on the UK section

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

I agree with that Tony. No need to completely separate the UK from the forum as a whole.

13. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    mmm. look at this another way tho...at the moment anyone can enter the Uk section and muck around. If a person were to have limited access, surely the content of the subscribed forum might be of a better standard?