Ginetta G20 | FerrariChat

Ginetta G20

Discussion in 'British' started by BT, Nov 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Anybody have any info / experience with one of these cars? They are a small production British car maker that has been around for almost 50 years and this particular model is a tube frame with fiberglass body and a Mazda 1.8 engine. I know they have a race series in the UK and they have sold about 20 cars here in the US. I put a deposit to buy one yesterday and liked driving the car. Though it feels a little underpowered, I think a supercharger or turbo will get the power up to around 200 or more in a 1400 +/- pound car. They look cool, and sound good. Should be a fun project to see what kind of performance I can get out of this car. Makes the 348 feel really roomy and totally engineered in comparison.
    :)
    BT

2. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    How did the legroom etc. compare to a 348? I've had a thing for Ginettas since I saw a nice g4 20 years ago. I'd love one now, but I haven't been able to try out a g20 for size.

3. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Much more leg room than the 348. If you are tall and thin it would be fine. I could barely reach the pedals (I am about 5'7") but it is very narrow. The owner of the shop that had them for sale is about 6'3" and maybe 260 lbs, and he fit okay. The car did not feel nearly as solid as the 348 but should be lots of fun!
    BT