Vintage Guitars | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Vintage Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by thecarreaper, Dec 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I had a Gibson Les Paul Custom & loved that black & gold through the early 70s. Sold it to an ambulance driver for $1000 that showed up at my garage sale & just had to have it. It helped that Peter Frampton owned it before me.

2. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    #77 Beta Scorpion, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    No collection is complete without a Stratocaster. I chose these 1993 instruments for routine playing. They are built with quality. The pickups in the Strat are Lindy Fralin and those in the Tele are Fender's own Texas Special pickups. The other Fender in the collection is a 1966 Coronado II which was already posted.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    #78 Beta Scorpion, Nov 12, 2006
    The Ovation Balladeer 1113 is cool because it has enclosed tuning machines (on most classicals they are open). Of course the fiberglass body is unique also. I put a clear plastic 'golpeadore' (tap plate) on it when I was studying the flamenco style.

The next guitar is a Yamaha CG 150 SA. It is (was) the cheapest SOLID top Yamaha classical. It is spruce but looks like it was dyed to look like cedar.

The last one is a Yamaha GC50-C. This one really is cedar. It is hand made in Japan and cost ten times the CG 150. ($300 vs $3000). Supposedly the Japanese craftsmen that make these CG guitars studied guitarmaking in Spain. If you are a real classical guitarist you will realize that at $3000 it is just a 'student' model.

4. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    The Grynch that just sold on Ebay for $1799. was one of mine. My 3rd Grynch.

Last year i think it was I had a KH-2 custom with the Ouija neck (moon/star inlays) and an all black body. That went to the UK and 3 months later the guy had to let it go ($$$$) and it came back to the US.

There was a Ken Lawrence (not Kevin) on Ebay this past winter and the truss cover was signed by James. Was a collector in the US that put it up. He was asking $7500 if I remember. I almost had him at $5500.00 and someone frickin jumped in and bought it for $6500. (all USD). I didnt know much about the Ken Lawrence explorers, so i found the number in CA to Ken Lawrence guitars and called. Guess who answers but the MAN HIMSELF-- Mr. Ken Lawrence. Hes a heck of a nice guy. He has a log he keeps of all his guitars and he knew the owner and one I was calling about and it was legit. To order one i think he said was north of $6000.USD and a good 7-10 month wait.

Im going to be making/listing auctions for a few pieces over the next week before Thanksgiving here in the states. Ill put it out there to my Fchat pals first:

----- KISS -----

Ace Frehley Heritage Cherry Burst Epiphone w/ case

Ace Frehley Trans-Black Epiphone w/ case (RARE! Never knew they made a black one until i actually saw this guitar, so i bought it up without hesitating)

1992 BC RICH Punisher Bass - Black body, 6 on a side peg head Ala Gene Simmons. The to-do about this bass is BC Rich started making Punisher bodies without the white stripes along the edge and Gene threatened legal action. Thats the rumor.

Gene Simmons Axe Bass - Gene's personal bass. Kept in his home, played by him in his home. Signed and #'d by him, COA signed by him with its case made specifically for the Axe Bass.

Gibson Studio GOTHIC - With case, discontinued Model. Excellent Condition

Gibson SG GOTHIC - With Case, Discontinuted Model. Excellent Condition

5. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #80 EC308, Nov 15, 2006
  6. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    If you ever want to sell or trade for the custom agent and any other early Ibanez guitars(pre '81) let me know.

7. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #82 EC308, Nov 15, 2006
    I have some of Godsmack's Les Paul's for sale or preferably trade for early Marshall heads or cabinets. These are the main stage and studio guitars and are heavily documented. Also 57 les paul custom 3pu from another rock star for sale $100k.

8. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    The Godsmack Rock n Roll Honors Judas Priest set was frickin great. They pulled that off incredibly. Ive been trying to get a good audio copy of that set with no luck. Hell Bent and Electric Eye. I think they were better then Judas Priest.

Guy i work with is a drummer and hes seen them many many times. He went to a smaller show not too long ago and they let him go up on stage and play drums for a song. He saw them about 2 months ago with backstage passes and they remembered him and hung out again. He said they're great guys.

9. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I'll see if I can get you a copy.

10. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    PLEASE POST PICS!!! i doubt i could afford a celeb owned one , but please post pics anyway!

11. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    STANDING OVATION!!

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

What a fantastic looking collection. More pics please. :)
    How did you ever come across all these rockstar owned axes? :)

13. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    Thank you. Toured the world. I'm in the music business.

14. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    WOW! Not 1, but 2 Zemaitis guitars!!! Congrats!

15. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    #91 EC308, Nov 15, 2006
  16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

WOW!! Awesome!! Thanks for the pics! Let me guess.........you have toured with Van Halen??? :D:D:D Thanks again for the pics! Im sure you also have some awesome stories to tell also. :)

17. Gemm

Gemm Formula 3

Aug 19, 2005
    Essex, England
    #93 Gemm, Nov 16, 2006
  18. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    amazing pics!

19. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I sold my natural 20th ann. about a year ago and have regretted it ever since. Very cool piece.

20. Gemm

Gemm Formula 3

Aug 19, 2005
    Essex, England
    Yeah, shame you sold it. :( I know they are not very rare but I feel it is something significant and special. :)

21. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Very nice, EC. Very nice indeed. I sold two Mock basses this year. 1980 and 1981. I passed on a PERFECT Eagle bass a few months back and regretted it since.

Im picking up a few tomorrow: 1993 Fender Aluminum Strat, Fender Ventures Bass, A beater Ibanez AR100 in black, Ibanez AM250 with an incredible burl mahogeny (sp?) body and a Lawsuit copy natural with a rare wood grain headstock. Real sharp.

If you dont mind my asking, what did you/do you do in the music industry? My brother in law also was/is in the industry. PM me. He managed in the 60's and 70's. Worked with some heavy hitters.

Finally... For your listening and viewing pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWt8QhRAp8

22. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
  23. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    I just sold the mockingbird. It was a '77 that came from a Michigan rock star. I found it on the VH tour when we needed some amps biased. It wass wired as a standard 2 pu with all the mini toggles disconnected. The aluminum strat should be a great piece for your collection. I met John from the Ibanez collectors world at the Philly vintage guitar show last weekend. I'm really getting into the early artists and PF models.

24. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Yeah.. God of Thunder was a great performance. Id love to get my hands on the blue Ace Les Paul. Ive had a bunch of the Cherry Bursts, but that blue is bad ass. Still has the lightning inlays.

Slash is definately great. Im a fan. My buddy won a Sirius Radio contest last year and got two tickets to the Billboard awards in Vegas w/ airfare and a room at the Mirage. I went with him. The best part was the contest also included the Maxim Magazine after-party at the Hard Rock. That was great. Guess what band played that party? When we were waiting for the doors to open, Slash and a friend of his walked by me. When we got into the club, the stage was set up with a VR drum kit. Im dumb, but not that dumb.

They played for about 2 hours and were just incredible. Scott Weiland (sp?) is a great front man. Never had the pleasure of seeing STP live. Met Duff after the set. Hes a tall drink of water and you can tell that all his years of hard living have caught up to him. Seemed like a nice guy to me.

Michigan Rock Star? Thats a long list of possibilities.