gone but not forgotten remember the alamo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

gone but not forgotten remember the alamo

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by FITZY123, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Ken,

Inky here.....done a hudson and changed id to match my plate.....anyhoos, dunno how the backend of vbulletin works but usually an ISP is assigned a set of numbers i.e. IP addresses but I cannae see you being able to pull much more than a previous poster from a vbulletin point of view, ask a mod for that one.

The thing is with broadband you get a thing called DHCP so anyone could in theory have an IP similar or even match yours if your offline and the ISP has changed a config, and truth be told you'll never know and neither will the ISP what IP you got without busting the Data Protection Act I'd think.

I think you guys with limited knowledge of IP should understand your chasing a dogs tail!! Adam PM me the IP address and I'll see what I can find out mate.

If it was Steve then ban the profile, and if it wasn't then ban "it" anyway!!

2. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    ? comments please mods

3. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    To be fair to Steve he's not a stupid guy, however the technical version would be - If he used another provider it would change, and as Adam says he had various in the past so why not now? That only Steve could answer I think.

It totally depends on the provider there is no hard and fast rule to this Nigel, some offer static and some do DHCP which yes everytime you cannect it could be different but would most likely be the same (too technical to rationale that one)

From who mate, Hazy? He spotted what he thought was Stevef

From reading between the lines it look kinda like he wouldnae let go of the situation causing unrest, which I'm sure the guys in the private section but also in the main section were talking about anyone who caused unrest would have a ban as it only causes disruption - temp or not I'm unsure.

Anything else you want explained like the colour of the sky or the moon gravitational (easily said) pull cos a cannae see why your giving Hazy such a hard time here!

4. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    TBH I think this thread should be closed as everything was good uptil this happened!!!

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i've seen host and ip address and they aren't steve's .Wrong part of country and wrong isp.

6. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

sorry James!!

The initial ban was after being asked to take things offline, re Argento Steve refused and continued to conduct the disageement online and was subsequently banned.He disrupted a pefectly good thread.Steve knows he did. I had no part in the thread whatsoever so my knowledge of this is limited.

I genuinely have no idea how IP's and all that stuff works, so less of the accusations please.This may or may not be a stitch up but SOMEONE is playing me up so i have dealt with it. Perhaps me dealing with this swiftly will send out the right message to any trolls who fancy a pop. They wont last a second. I am perfectly qualified to sniff out a wind up, I have trained many years at it :D

7. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    A very good effort to explain this but unfortunately it's still beyond my comprehension. All I know is what I have read in the past and IP addresses have been used to prove/ disprove certain things.

Cheers Ink...., I mean CUE99T ;) .

8. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Adam,

"Jumping ship before it's sank!"

SteveF, as you know, is probably in the boozer every friday night and will probably be there til midnight! If Steve has a problem, we all know he'll post it on CS to cause a stir ;)

His ISP, I can confirm isn't that from which this IP was posted.

But yes, a public apology is in order AND AN EXPLANATION should be made about his ban (first one that Rob won't comment on).

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    "fitzy123" does NOT match any users here or on CS ...

10. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    With respect (i.e. I disagree ;) ), you did not deal swiftly with a troll or a wind up, as at that time you thought it was Steve.

11. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP

Ken - most internet providers allocated IP addresses (sort of a personal phone number) dynamically. That means that each time you are offline your connection may drop and the next time it connects you get a different IP address. At any one point in the public internet, there can only be ONE of that IP address. No others. This value is normally on a lease from the provider for about 3 hours - sometimes more. All depends on what you get for your money. There is a good chance that say, me and you were on BT we may at some point have had the same IP address.

Different providers in different parts of the country have local "allocation" servers thus you'll always get a number starting 81.44.ab.xy if you're a BT user in the north of england. In this way, you can localise an address range/provider. If the address that FITZY123 posted from was 213.253.xx.yy then a quick search will show this address is in London and is likely to be someone pratting about.

Hope this sort of helps!

12. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Can we get back to reality please or I'm off to polish off the last of the Jack Daniels and watch some Heartbeat as it has to be better that this crud!!!

13. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    From the heart Lee, stick to what yer good at.........which is not IT!!

14. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    thanks Tone, I'll seek the advice of mods more experienced than me

Whos jumping ship?? not me you aint that lucky.

steve disrupted the boxer thread. he wouldnt leave it. He got banned. And I JUST MADE AN EXPLANATION. now give it a rest and go play elsewhere ay? ;)

15. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    You didn't mind participating a few posts ago ;)

Go and get drunk. Don't read what don't interest ya :D

16. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Np mate, just trying to make sense of a situation which I think is pointless!!!!

IP's are useless for verifying someone as they "could" change and neither the user or the "site" would know, I guess that is what I was trying to explain.

17. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    No thanks,

Someone's gotta babysit the new guy. HAHAHAHAHAHAA

By the way, he hardly disrupted it anymore than you do mi laddo.

When / if Steve comes back, you'll have to be squeaky clean! You know what he's like. Tunnel vision!

18. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

exactly:D:D:D

19. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    like the public apology I will get from Steve apologizing for accusing me and Hudson of creating Fitzy123??? ;););)

20. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yes, I see what is being said. Its just that it appears to be different from what was said in other ocassions. Perhaps its just me not understanding before.

Anyway, it appears that there will be no reesolution to this so we may as well move on from here. Unfortunately the guilty party will has got away with it.

Let Steve serve his original ban and lets get back to business as usual.

21. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    amen Ken, thank you.

This is my last post on this thread, if it gets silly I will lock it if I need to, so no more beligerent badgering of the new mod ay dudes???? ;)

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    interesting Lee... what part of country would have 80.225. XXXXXXXXX ?

23. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Amen brother!!!!!

24. rmdferrari

rmdferrari Formula 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Gatwick, UK
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Will stevef's origional ban stand, without the 2nd offence plonked on top????? And is he due any form of appology for his good name being maligned???

25. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    you know already!!!!