Thieving B'stards | FerrariChat

Thieving B'stards

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bronco Jr, Nov 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

Woke up this morning - its bin man day, so took the bags out as usual, but the garage is open.... Both Kryptonite padlocks in bits on the floor...

The fezza is still there - untouched. The garage is a converted farm workshop and only has one set of doors, so the fezza has to be moved to get the bikes, tools etc out.

Looks like they were disturbed, question is will they be back?

2. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    First of all, as I am sure you are aware you are very lucky that the little toerags didn't get away with anything, or decide to vandalise the car. Maybe they got spooked by something - I am sure they wouldn't have minded damaging your car to get away with tools etc. Have you got a dog? I reckon a big dog is the most effective anti-burglar device on the market. Failing that, the usual: big locks, lighting etc. Although it seems that locks didn't deter them too much. Ever considered CCTV? No need to turn the house into a fortress, just a couple of highly visible cameras mounted out of reach might do the job of deterring the scum. Without venturing into the realms of fantasy, that is just about the lot I think. But I might consider storing the fcar at a friend's house or somewhere else safe, at least for a few weeks. JA

3. stocky

stocky Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Bolton , England.
    Full Name:
    Andy
    you can never be too carefull , a good alarm system shouldnt be too dear , if they nearly achieved what they set out to do my guess is they will try again, the thieving b strds.....

4. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I looked at a CCTV system not long ago, not expensive and if hooked up to the VCR you have a record of whose doing what. Shotguns also make a good deterent for these b*stards too!!!!!

5. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    I would say there is a chance they will return. But if there are visible signs that steps have been taken to keep them out they won't have another go (disclaimer - IMHO)

I don't think the Ferrari is likely to get nicked - there must be loads of easier & quicker cars to shift. The risk is that it could get damaged as they manhandle other items out of the garage.

It may be worth having a chat with your local Boys In Blue.

6. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I put up CCTV outside my house with night vision. Records any movement onto a harddrive and then i can copy it onto DVD if eer needed. Night vision is awesome and you can see in complete darkness. I'll dig out the invoice if you are interested. Wasnt even expensive and I assembled it myself.

7. Flatcap

Flatcap Rookie

Nov 3, 2006
    Barnsley, S Yorks.
    Full Name:
    Darren
    CCTV is excellent, you can actually watch them take the car as well - LOL!

Just a thought for you though guys, CCTV footage is only admissable in court if it's watermarked.

8. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

Thanks guys

Bought another set of high security locks, now fitted - alarm to follow at the weekend, plus CCTV is on the list too.

I didnt think the F car would be that easy to shift, but there again they must be woth a fair bit in parts, both here and abroad. Not going to risk it. Boys in blue were worried that I had been targeted - which makes me feel worse :(

9. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    Motorola homesight with IR CCTV cameras. We have this in our house. Records when it detects motion to a hard disk til motion goes away. Also has standard motion sensors, door / window sensors.

The PC it sits on has UPS incase they are clever and try and cut the power :)

Very cheap and pleasing results.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    buy a baby moniter have it behind the garage door and the listening device in your bedroom then you can hear them trying to break in

11. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Great idea!

12. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

agree, that is a great, simple, easy to do idea - thanks

13. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Until you get crossover and hear the next door neighbours nipper sqwarking! :)

14. Swissmondial

Swissmondial Karting

May 7, 2005
    England
    If it were me, I would buy a 13 amp plug and a length of cable, and run 240v to the bolts on the backside of the hasp. You could turn off power to the barn before you open it, the unplug cable. Fry the little sugerplums.
    My dad hated cats, and would isolate grid in front of cellar window, put neutral wire to that, and positive wire in a bowl of milk......
    We had no smells of cat pee round our house ( well maybe the occasional bbq moggy smell)

15. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    not much of a cat fan myself but that is drastic :D

16. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    Haha, harsh, but justifiable I think. But a judge might take a different view - although how many people would go to the police and admit that they got hurt trying to break into a garage?!

17. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    Lots IMO.
    The country has gone to the dogs.

18. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    I can think of worse.

19. radioman

radioman Karting
    BANNED

Sep 25, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    CHRIS
    I know someone who had a top of the range Merc, he kept the keys upstairs in the bedside cabinate, he had a house alarm and electric gates, one morning he woke to find the car gone the alarm turned off and the gates closed. they had got the keys, they were in his bed room with him asleep.......scarey.....he now keeps the keys down stairs in plain veiw.... if they want it !