Louisville - Toys for Tots - Dec 3 | FerrariChat

Louisville - Toys for Tots - Dec 3

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Webby, Nov 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Just thought I would spread the word.

Hello all,

I would like to invite everyone (and their friends) out to the Louisvillestreets.com 4th annual Toys for Tots car cruise, coming up Sunday December 3rd. As noted this is our 4th year doing this, and we're becoming one of Toys for Tots largest contributors, we'd like to continue to grow and would love to see you come out! Each year media attends as well, with Newschannel 32, WAVE 3 and WHAS 11 usually making the trip out to show off the cars and interview attendee's.

WHEN?
    Sunday December 3rd

WHERE?
    The cruise starts at EP Tom Sawyer State park off of Westport road at 1:00pm. The cruise ends at Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium between 2:00 and 2:30 where the toys will be collected and handed over to Toys for Tots representatives. Camaraderie and impromptu car show to follow! OR you can join us at Papa Johns Stadium if you don't wish to make the drive.

All cars are welcome, including the family car should inclement weather arise. Just bring a new and unwrapped toy (or more than one if you like) and make a Child's Christmas a little better this year!

***If you can make it, please come out to support this wonderful cause and bring whatever you can to donate. If you cannot make it and would like to donate anyway, please email me or send me a private message and we can arrange a pickup or drop off. We are trying to fill several large vehicles to help children in the KENTUCKY & INDIANA area.***

Feel free to email me if you have any questions (webmaster at louisvillestreets.com). Discussion can be found on http://www.louisvillestreets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50905 in the events and meets section.

Thanks
    George Frazier

2. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Great event Webby, thanks for the heads up.

I won't be able to make the cruise but we always donate through the office - ...but be on notice "locals" we ought to make a serious showing when everyone gets the cars back in working order. Next year? That means get the cars back together (Adam)! Of course, Adam will probably be engaged in an electrical reharness overhaul next year. But who am I to say, mines on a lift 300 miles away.

3. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Hmm..I don't think you will find me involved with any of the events with the said people who are doing this....I think they have "issues" with me...LOL! Also with many others. But who cares...it's their board of young kids on there that they like to rule over.

But I do donate with other organizations. Dr. Campbell and I are doing a side business together on car related stuff with exotics online. Can't say yet...but I think it will be huge.

So when you going to buy your Lambo Stephen? I would love to sneak over your house and swap some parts for my car! LOL!

I could actually have my car together on the road right now, but it's winter...so taking my time on some stuff....my engine is gonna look sooo pretty that joey is gonna want to slap yo ass!

4. Frazier

Frazier Rookie

Jul 30, 2006
    Thanks for posting this up!!

This is a great event for an even better cause. We would LOVE to have many exotics out there. It would be great for the car community and even better for the area needy children.

Adam, you are more than welcome to come out. We hope to see everyone out there!!!

5. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam

Well that is a shocker! You banned me from your site..not exactly why...don't really care...but anyways..thanks for the invite. Good luck with the turn out..besides all the differences...it's still a good cause. Gotta give thumbs up.

Now you have the same name as a buddy of mine with a carrera gt.

6. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I don't know whether to call you a name dropper or car dropper, I prefer the latter.

lol

7. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Okay Stevie boy...points are building up! lol! Time for me to spank that fiero...umm...I mean the Ferrari of yours...We should both have the cars ready at the sametime. I will bring jumper cables for ya! LOL!

On a serious note: Are you seriously gong to get a 6.0? I am looking at a Roadster maybe at the end of next year. I would keep the one I have now and just add on...I would love to get the 99 titanium version.

8. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    oh...for the name thing..It didn't dawn on me that George Frazier (Louisvillestreets.com) has the same name as the guy I hang out with here that has the Carrera GT. I wonder if the two know each other. I recall George might have said something a while back when I was at his house.

9. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Yes, I'm looking and I too like the titanium, you and I might be lambo-bros, and EarlyCat too. I typically spend a while researching so I don't have any idea when I'd make a purchase. I haven't even decided if I would keep the F-car. Any further considerations will require a kitchen make-over for the boss, that is for sure. So add $50k to the price tag....lol. However, while I'm at the receiving end of the meals it might be a prudent investment too. Additionally, I will alienate the children as all bicycles, skateboards, buggies, balls and bats would have to be purged from the garage. So you can see, I'm hunting but haven't quite figured out how to make "all" happy as of yet.

My guess is I'll probably work w/ Roy at CatsExotics.

10. Roy's got one less Lambo and it's heading this way!

11. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Get Out!!
    For you? I noticed both the 1984 and 85 Countach's sold....you wouldn't happen to be the proud pappa?

12. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    spill the beans!!!

What did you get?

Steve...why not consider a lift like I got matt.

13. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY

Joey, what are you getting!!!!!!!! Please tell us!!!!!

Matt

14. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky

I haven't got the head room. Ceiling is approximately 8'. Got a nanny suite over garage, just no nanny.

15. Frazier

Frazier Rookie

Jul 30, 2006
    Are any of you guys going to come out? I will have the Elise out there and sure would like some exotics out....don't make me go by myself.;)

16. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I am curious as well....are there any notable cars going?

17. Frazier

Frazier Rookie

Jul 30, 2006
    I do not know what your definition of "notable" is but there will be a lot of cool cars there of every make and size and every style of modifying.

I hope to see some of you out there. Remember, this is our 4th annual event for a GREAT cause!!!